** The Official "No Interviews" Venting Thread 2013-2014 **

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When were you complete? I think u should definitely hear from UofL

Members don't see this ad.

If you sumbitted an app in July and your latest DAT wasn't updated until August, does that mean your app will be viewed in the August batch by the schools? Does anyone know?
:confused::confused::scared:

I completed my application on the 15th of August and on Aadsas it says that my app is Received/Complete...I would have an easier time being patient if I hadn't finished my Bachelor's already AAARGGH!

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my application on the 15th of August and on Aadsas it says that my app is Received/Complete...I would have an easier time being patient if I hadn't finished my Bachelor's already AAARGGH!

Some of the people in this forum have been waiting since the first batch (late June). Chill, brah :cool:

starting to get super anxious. I submitted 8/4 but there was an error so officially it's listed as 8/9 most schools got it then, but stonybrook didn't received it until 9/4 which I find odd.

My stats are average for the most part and high (22) in organic chemistry and reading comprehension. I wouldn't be so worried if I hadn't gotten a 16 on biology
(which floored me considering according to the predictors I should have gotten a 19 or better - but it's a crapshoot with bio either you know it or you guess).
PA 19 QR 17 RC 22 Bio 16 GC 18 OC 22 TS 18 AA 19

I was ready to apply when the application opened but I was told as a non-traditional student I should wait a bit since the first spots are taken by high scores of people coming out of undergrad and afterwards they look more comprehensively at your file. I figure if I don't get an interview by the end of september I will start studying to retake the DAT end of November and hopefully boost my score.

I have a masters from NYU and have worked in the city for four years, on top of that I have some research experience out of undergrad that was published and even got a writing award for it.... I've also been volunteering at the NYU dental clinic and I think my letter is pretty strong....

I just want to get into dental school. arg! I wouldn't even be nervous if it wasn't for this stupid site where everyone have 23/25/28 DAT stats and multiple interviews already.... The only thing that makes feel better is there is a guy with similar stats/history to me that got his interview to Columbia already but he applied earlier than I did.

It really is too early to get anxious but that doesn't help my anxiety :eek:

There is always hope, just keep doing your best and God will do the rest.

check your school mailroom (or whereever your mailing address is) people, i received a whole bunch of rejection letters haha

Another long time reader, first time posting!

I've been trying to be as patient as possible but it is nearly impossible to think about anything but.

3.64 oGPA double major in Biology and Health Sciences,19AA,18TS,18PA
250+ shadowing hours, 500+ volunteer hours, and 50+ hours research, near full time jobs for past 3 years
20 year old Female from Minnesota, mail out date 7/26, last LOR 8/2, UMich added 8/16, and new letter for Minnesota updated 9/9
Applied to Minnesota, Iowa, Creighton, Nebraska, Indiana, Marquette, and UMich -- nothing yet :(

I was hoping with Marquette interviews starting to go out this week that it would be my time but I guess not!

Waiting for these interviews is like trying to get a date for the prom. The best looking/high stat applicants get asked first. And the leftovers are waiting by their phone hoping to get a last minute. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

Literally two hours after my first post I got an interview from Minnesota.. number one choice! Good things come to those that wait :)

What always makes me feel better is reading the posts from the previous cycle in the "Under 20 DAT" thread, so many of them received acceptances. Reassuring compared to the 24/22/23 posts in the "Official" thread. Makes me less crazy :scared:

Waiting for these interviews is like trying to get a date for the prom. The best looking/high stat applicants get asked first. And the leftovers are waiting by their phone hoping to get a last minute. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, keep hope. I got an invite yesterday from my top choice.

!!!

My stats are terrible, too. So it's possible. Hang in there!

Nothing so far:(...I know I dont have great stats, I have a sub 3.2 gpa, but i scored 20 and above on all sections on the DAT (except an 18 on QR)..Do I have a shot?

Nothing so far:(...I know I dont have great stats, I have a sub 3.2 gpa, but i scored 20 and above on all sections on the DAT (except an 18 on QR)..Do I have a shot?

My stats are not great at all.
After this situation, I feel like EVERYONE has a shot.

Stay positive!

Still no interviews...second batch...3.4 oGPA 3.3 sGPA 18AA 18TS 19PAT (nothing under 18)...applied to 13 schools...waitlisted at MWU-AZ and rejected at ASDOH...hard to keep up the confidence at this point. :thumbdown:

Applied july23
Applied to 15 schools
1 rejections and 14 no responses.
I would say now would be a great time to start panicking

For your info :

OGPA = 3.42
SGPA= 3.30

DAT (2nd attempt):
AA=21
TS=22
PAT=20

applied to 15 schools and still no interview ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

For your info :

OGPA = 3.42
SGPA= 3.30

DAT (2nd attempt):
AA=21
TS=22
PAT=20

applied to 15 schools and still no interview ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have almost same stats and i feel you....... MW-Arizona put me on hold in august

also im from canada but i applied mostly to private schools so i dont think it makes too much of a difference...

I'm hating this waiting game ! hopefully we hear from some schools soon !

ps. i'm applying from Canada too !

I have almost same stats and i feel you....... MW-Arizona put me on hold in august

also im from canada but i applied mostly to private schools so i dont think it makes too much of a difference...

Yes it is.....let me join now :((( so much for applying early. I keep checking my emails like every minute, this makes me sick and sad

As a lot of schools say, "no news is good news". We all could be getting rejected, but not hearing anything could mean we're still in the running. I won't start panicking until after january (as it's still OK to have a post-december interview). I'm 5th batch btw.

Hopefully october will be better!! There are still lots of schools that haven't started sending out invites, so lets continue the waiting game!!

sighh i applied early in may for tmdsas and in late june for aadas for a grand total of 9 schools and still haven't heard a peep. My stats 3.5 gpa and 23AA/24ts/19 PAT . I'm at the point where I'm starting to panic because i thought by now I'd at least have one interview based on my DAT alone.

sighh i applied early in may for tmdsas and in late june for aadas for a grand total of 9 schools and still haven't heard a peep. My stats 3.5 gpa and 23AA/24ts/19 PAT . I'm at the point where I'm starting to panic because i thought by now I'd at least have one interview based on my DAT alone.

I'm still waiting on the Texas schools as well :mad:

My application was fully complete in the first week of September (some in the second week of September). is the reason why I'm not getting any interviews is bc of my DAT scores (17 AA) and the fact that my application was not completed till early September?

My application was fully complete in the first week of September (some in the second week of September). is the reason why I'm not getting any interviews is bc of my DAT scores (17 AA) and the fact that my application was not completed till early September?
It's the 17, your timing was still early.

darn, my retake is not till November and even then only 5 out of 14 schools will look at it.

Anyone else getting afraid of opening the mailbox these days?

Meh... here and then, especially whenever people leave food/trash behind in there for whatever reason.:(

Argh my dentist lor was just now done! My mentor didn't care much to write it, n it turned out to be a pretty generic letter, w grammar n spelling problems, oh vey

So here I am, not even a peep from any school so far :(

Argh my dentist lor was just now done! My mentor didn't care much to write it, n it turned out to be a pretty generic letter, w grammar n spelling problems, oh vey

So here I am, not even a peep from any school so far :(

At least you didn't send out that one and got another letter. :oops:

I was in 2nd batch and I applied to 11 schools, hadn't heard anything until yesterday when I got an interview at MOSDOH. But don't worry, I feel your pain! I totally gave up checking my email and all of the sudden got an invite yesterday. I hope you get one soon as well ! Good luck!
Gpa 3.5 sgpa 3.3

Dat 19 aa 18 ts 19 pat (16 ochem)

Hopefully this gives everyone hope!

Last edited:
I was in 2nd batch and I applied to 11 schools, hadn't heard anything until yesterday when I got an interview at MOSDOH. But don't worry, I feel your pain! I totally gave up checking my email and all of the sudden got an invite yesterday. I hope you get one soon as well ! Good luck!
Gpa 3.5 sgpa 3.3

Dat 19 aa 18 ts 19 pat (16 ochem)

Hopefully this gives everyone hope!

congrats akwuiuc, I have a high GPA but a much lower DAT, so im starting to think about plans to apply next year bc it seems like most interviews offers have been given out. im just hoping there's a school out there that doesnt look at DAT too hughly

congrats akwuiuc, I have a high GPA but a much lower DAT, so im starting to think about plans to apply next year bc it seems like most interviews offers have been given out. im just hoping there's a school out there that doesnt look at DAT too hughly

I'd say many, not most. There is a lot of action post-dec as well. If you feel your DAT is holding you back and you're past the 3 month "refractory period," I'd start planning for a retake. Who knows - maybe you'll get an interview late in the game with an improved score and save yourself another year of anxiety.

I applied late May for tmdsas and late june for aadsas..a total of 8 schools..I haven't heard back from anyone. My stats: oGPA: 3.5, sGPA: 3.4, AA20, TS20, PAT18 (nothing below 18)

I've basically lost hope. :(

I had 0 interviews until Early September. Now I have 8 interviews. #swaglife #gonnabeadentistforsure

I did send the letter in though. It was too late to ask anyone else :(

Ouch. I thought your dentist letter replaced that one. Well, I hope everything turns out well for you...

finally got an interview at Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine! Top choice! Just when I was beginning to lose faith I got a call for an interview! scheduled for two weeks from now. Really hoping October will be my month and I'll start to hear back from other schools. Good luck to all ;)

I am scared of opening the real mailbox... two weeks ago I found a snake in the mailbox under a pile of mail. My desire to find news about school outweighs my experience of finding the live
snake! I have told myself I will never find another snake in the mailbox.....

Good luck getting interviews everyone! I am still awaiting my first invite

This song might help explain the application process.
Under The Milky Way by The Church

Wish I knew what you were looking for.
Might have known what you would find.

I am scared of opening the real mailbox... two weeks ago I found a snake in the mailbox under a pile of mail. My desire to find news about school outweighs my experience of finding the live

****! Mailbox snake? Where do you live?

I think I still think, at least at this point in my life, I'd rather see a snake instead of a rejection letter in my mailbox lol.

I've been checking my email every 5 minutes for three and a half months now, and still nothing! I turned in my AADSAS application on 29 June and it was mailed out on 19 July. Other than the "rejection" from Ohio State (not getting an interview invite before 2 October) I've heard absolutely nothing. Does that mean I'm done?

GPA science, overall: 3.04, 3.17
DAT AA/TS/QR/RC/PAT: 21/22/21/19/24
Applied to: Ohio State, Louisville, UNC, ECU, West Virginia, NYU, Marquette, Temple, IU, and Puerto Rico

so everyone since we dont have interviews i guess we should get together and open up a caribbean dental school haha

That would be a fantastic idea for a new movie for Samuel Jackson: "Snake in the mail box"