***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview #3
Notified: 8:37 am 9/22
Method of Notification: E-mail
Application Completed: 8/7
GPA (science, overall) 3.75, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/24/23/none

Now if only they would pick up the phone to schedule this thing...

EDIT: 6th call within 15 minutes did the trick, October 6th date. (earliest they offered was October 5th, if anyone is wondering)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Interview #7
Nyu
Instate
3.78 gpa 3.68 science
23aa 22ts
Date scheduled for 10/6

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing on 10/5

DOes anyone have any idea what this interview is like? Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first interview and I am very nervous.

Interviewing on 10/5

DOes anyone have any idea what this interview is like? Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first interview and I am very nervous.

its just an one on one interview with a faculty member

Must be nice...
did any internationals (i.e. from canada) get any interviews yet??

Must be nice...
Yeah my friend did (from Canada). He wrote the American DAT though. I'm not sure if writing the American or Canadian DAT might affect the admissions process for Canadians.

Members don't see this ad :)
Canadian here and not yet. I haven't heard from any school actually, have any of you?

Last edited:
do you guys think this is the only wave of interviews they are gonna give or do you think we should still keep hope?? seems like everyone that got it so far was above their average stats

do you guys think this is the only wave of interviews they are gonna give or do you think we should still keep hope?? seems like everyone that got it so far was above their average stats
NYU has a class size of 380, there will definitely be more interview invites

Reactions: 6 users
Must be nice...
Yeah, I just got one Friday morning. Not Canadian though
Interviewing on 10/26, anyone else?

Do you guys think it's too late to apply here with a 22 AA 23 TS, 3.19 cGPA and 3.17 sGPA? I had my application in mid July but haven't gotten any interviews so thinking about applying to more schools

Do you guys think it's too late to apply here with a 22 AA 23 TS, 3.19 cGPA and 3.17 sGPA? I had my application in mid July but haven't gotten any interviews so thinking about applying to more schools

Your GPA might be a little too low for NYU and it doesnt help that your a late applicant. Theyre a 3.6~3.4 range school.

Your GPA might be a little too low for NYU and it doesnt help that your a late applicant. Theyre a 3.6~3.4 range school.

I heard they value high dats, is that not the case? Also, I just called and they said they don't do rolling admissions until after December 1st. Does this mean it doesn't matter really if you apply late?

Last edited:
I heard they value high dats, is that not the case? Also, I just called and they said they don't do rolling admissions until after December 1st. Does this mean it doesn't matter really if you apply late?
Your GPA is not too low, imo. Your DAT compensates for the gpa, at least for NYU it might. Plenty with sub 3.4 get invites. Go ahead and apply, what do you have to lose.

Reactions: 2 users

If you call any dental schools, they'll tell you to submit an application. They want to have larger pool of applicants to pick from. We had admissions from out of state dental school promoting their school at our meetings. I looked up their stats and they accepted zero students from our state for the past 3+ years.
NYU does have a slightly higher DAT average around 21 all around. They might take someone with lower GPA, but Id say only if you have other impressive qualities they are looking for.

Your GPA is not too low, imo. Your DAT compensates for the gpa, at least for NYU it might. Plenty with sub 3.4 get invites. Go ahead and apply, what do you have to lose.

Application fees add up. If you are working and paying app fees, it is a big deal. How would you feel if you apply to some xx school that charges $100+$80 supp and get a rejection email soon after? Thats a week of pay down the drain.

If you call any dental schools, they'll tell you to submit an application. They want to have larger pool of applicants to pick from. We had admissions from out of state dental school promoting their school at our meetings. I looked up their stats and they accepted zero students from our state for the past 3+ years.
NYU does have a slightly higher DAT average around 21 all around. They might take someone with lower GPA, but Id say only if you have other impressive qualities they are looking for.

Application fees add up. If you are working and paying app fees, it is a big deal. How would you feel if you apply to some xx school that charges $100+$80 supp and get a rejection email soon after? Thats a week of pay down the drain.
I'm not saying they told me to apply lol they just said that they don't do rolling admissions so with how late I apply wouldn't affect much

Thank you for the positivity lol I think I am going to because you're right, you never know

Interview #5
OOS (Georgia)
Second time applying (Application received & verified 6/28)
3.33 Undergrad GPA 3.96 Graduate GPA
20 AA 20 TS
Interview scheduled for 10/20

Congrats and good luck to everyone interviewing! Is anyone else interviewing on 10/20? I will be flying in on 10/19 and am looking for someone to split an Uber/Taxi with from the airport (since it's like ~$40 from LaGuardia, if I remember correctly from traveling to NYU earlier this year). I am also looking to split the fare going TO the airport on 10/20, if anyone is interested. My flight is leaving at 4 p.m., so I will leave immediately after the activities conclude. Just PM me! Good luck everyone!!!

Interview #4
BCP GPA: 3.667
overal GPA: 3.65
DAT: 22 AA, 24 TS
interview for 10/26
notified: 9:22 am 9/22

Is a 10/26 late in the interview cycle or is that still considered early?
I'm also interviewing on that day! And no all pre-Dec are early

If you call any dental schools, they'll tell you to submit an application. They want to have larger pool of applicants to pick from.
correction: If you call any dental schools, they'll tell you to submit an application. They want free money.
How would you feel if you apply to some xx school that charges $100+$80 supp and get a rejection email soon after? Thats a week of pay down the drain.
It's not down the drain, it's going straight into someone's pocket, but to be honest that's life and that's what we have to deal with. We have to keep up hope that one of them will at least look at our application before happily accepting our money and promptly discarding the application. Good luck guys.

Does anyone have an idea of what are the tentative interview dates for NYU?

I received an interview invite yesterday. Earliest day I could schedule was November 30th.

you're willing to potentially pay upwards of 100k a year in most instances for dental school, yet there is a concern about $180?

tell me, do you think it's less financially feasible or wise to take out 500k in loans with a 6.8% interest rate, rather than having a job and saving up for another $180 for an application?

Reactions: 1 users

i would definitely apply. i had classmates who didn't have those stats, and as an admissions ambassador for a bit, i saw that there were students all over the spectrum regarding stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.