The OFFICIAL Pikeville 2010 Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matteaton81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are in Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine's Class of 2010, this is where it's at, folks. Let's all get to know each other a bit beforehand!!

(And if any people in previous classes want to chime in, feel free.)

Members don't see this ad.

matteaton81 said:
If you are in Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine's Class of 2010, this is where it's at, folks. Let's all get to know each other a bit beforehand!!

(And if any people in previous classes want to chime in, feel free.)
Hello again matt. I just sent in my check today so I'm officially Pikeville bound for next fall. I feel like I did out of high school right before college, I was phyched to get going and get into something new and exciting. However after about a month I was like "man, all this is is a bunch of hard work." Then it wasn't as cool. I believe that Medical School will be like that X10. So I have decided to remain super phyched about starting and look forward to it with great anticipation and revel in the glory of being accepted without having to worry about any of the attached work (just yet anyway).

Anyway, a bit about me, I'm 22 (will be 23 before school starts on july 31) married (two years in jan.) and have a beautiful little daughter tottling around. I graduate from UT in 10 days (and counting!!) with a BS in Medical Technology and will try and get a job for the next 6 months before school starts back. I grew up in Kingsport, TN where my father and grandfather both practice(d) medicine. My hobbies include SCUBA diving (got a trip to cancun planned post-graduation), tennis, racquetball, cycling, and reading (Grisham, JK Rowling, Austin, CS Lewis, among others.) I am currently reading "complications: a surgeons notes on an imperfect science" by Atul Gawande, and "the house of god" by samule shem. I'm trying to keep an open mind about what kind of medicine I want to practice, but at this point and leaning towards Gen-Surg. or Anesthesia (although I reserve the right to change my mind numerous times for any reason I deem necessary).

Well there's an overview. Might add more later as more junk fills my head.
see you all in july

Hey mods, could you move this thread to the Offcial class threads sub-forum please? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey future Pikevegas DO Students, I would like to congratulate on your hard work and acceptance to Pikeville Coll SOM. If there is anything that you need or questions you'd like answered, feel free to PM me or any of the PCSOM students that read these forums.

Have a great holiday season!

Jorge
PSCOM Year 2008

doc_holliday said:
Hey future Pikevegas DO Students, I would like to congratulate on your hard work and acceptance to Pikeville Coll SOM. If there is anything that you need or questions you'd like answered, feel free to PM me or any of the PCSOM students that read these forums.

Have a great holiday season!

Jorge
PSCOM Year 2008
Jorge,
I see you are trying to get in good with the ladies of 2010. Well lay off, your going to MI for clinicals and i am staying here. Any other questions that class of 2010 might have and that Jorge can't answer, which i can't imagine, just PM me.