***The Official Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

AngleClass3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I noticed there was on thread for this upcoming cycle. Has anyone heard anything back yet?

Last year's thread: ***The Official Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include links to last year's thread and interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like rutgers has been handing out interviews much earlier than last year! anyone know if california residents are less likely to receive interviews here? people on the thread who posted about receiving interviews today seem to be from NJ/NY or east coast

Members don't see this ad :)
Class of 2043 :laugh:
Got an interview this morning. OOS Florida. I feel like CA would have as good a chance as FL, but I don't know. I was honestly shocked I got an email this soon.

Class of 2043 :laugh:
Got an interview this morning. OOS Florida. I feel like CA would have as good a chance as FL, but I don't know. I was honestly shocked I got an email this soon.
When did you get the confirmation email?

6/14 I received an email that confirmed my payment of the $95 application fee. No correspondence after that! I honestly thought the email this morning was just going to be an official application complete email.

I'm OOS and just got an email today! submitted AADSAS June 18th and supplemental received July 16th

Its been quiet...any interview invites since the last post?

Members don't see this ad :)
As of now, i haven't received anything from Rutgers. My latest email was about application fee confirmation on June 21.
I sent my fee a couple weeks ago. How long did it take (approximately) for you to get the fee confirmation?

Got invited today!!
Interview #1 !
School: Rutgers
Notification date: 8/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/26
Application complete date: application fee received 8/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26, 24, 19, 28, none
Dates available OR your interview date: Friday 9/20

Also received an interview today!
Interview #3
Emailed
mailed out- 7/2
GPA: 4.0
DAT: 21 AA, 17 PAT, 19 TS, 29 RC

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #1
Notification date: 7/18
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/24/25/None
Interview Date: 9/13

What is the best way to show our interest to the school? I am a ny resident and live close so I aiming at this school.

Any tips for interviewing at rutgers? :)

When you guys wrote the check/money order did you write on a separate sheet of paper your name and aadsas id #? I thought maybe writing it on the check would for some reason invalidate the check or something.

When you guys wrote the check/money order did you write on a separate sheet of paper your name and aadsas id #? I thought maybe writing it on the check would for some reason invalidate the check or something.
I wrote it directly on the check in the memo field

I did it on the check and got a confirmation and an interview.

How long did it take for you to hear back? (both received and interview?)

I would say it was around 2 weeks for the confirmation and 3 months later the interview. I applied the first day (June 4th) and heard back this week.

Anyone have hotel recommendations? Kind of worried about safety after reading other threads.

Does anyone know what the interview day schedule is like?

Does anyone know what the interview day schedule is like?
Interview is first thing in the morning, and then rest of the day consists of breakfast, talking with faculty and students, information sessions, and tour of the school

Interview is first thing in the morning, and then rest of the day consists of breakfast, talking with faculty and students, information sessions, and tour of the school
just went on Friday but thank you :laugh:

How was your interview? and experience?
I really liked both. When you get there you have a light breakfast with D4's to ask whatever you please. Everything was great/new except preclinic and the fact that they give no scholarships. If you have any other specific questions, shoot

I really liked both. When you get there you have a light breakfast with D4's to ask whatever you please. Everything was great/new except preclinic and the fact that they give no scholarships. If you have any other specific questions, shoot

Thank you! What was the interview style?

Anyone get an interview invite this month? I only see August

Whats the last date Rutgers interviews? Like if we don't hear by the end of November is it fair enough to say we don’t have a chance for an interview anymore?

Does anyone happen to know if attendance is mandatory for classes? I forgot to ask.

Interview #4
Notification date: 10/9
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/3
Application complete date: 9/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.46, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/24/None
Interview Date: 11/1

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys,

I wanted get some opinions about my current situation.
So I submitted my application on 7/6, but I did not send the supplemental fee until now. I’m debating myself whether I should send the fee now, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it to send it this late. Would schools still review my app without the fee received? So would I be technically counted as an early applicant?or would my application be just reviewed when I send my fee. My status says it’s under review.

Hi guys,

I wanted get some opinions about my current situation.
So I submitted my application on 7/6, but I did not send the supplemental fee until now. I’m debating myself whether I should send the fee now, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it to send it this late. Would schools still review my app without the fee received? So would I be technically counted as an early applicant?or would my application be just reviewed when I send my fee. My status says it’s under review.
Send it you never know. Some people mentioned they sent it and received interview invite few days after