****The Official SIU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

jkswimman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville School of Dental Medicine Interview/Acceptance page for the Class of 2018. Good Luck Everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

After a long while I finally got a confirmation email from them saying that they got my aadsas stuff. That's about it... :(

Apparently they don't even start looking at applications until mid-august, which explains the recent confirmation e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
If they start to check things Mid-August, then if I apply now, I shouldn't be too late would I?

Adding this school now for personal reasons. I know I have a VERY VERY slim chance of getting in. But I just want to see what happens.

If they start to check things Mid-August, then if I apply now, I shouldn't be too late would I?

Adding this school now for personal reasons. I know I have a VERY VERY slim chance of getting in. But I just want to see what happens.

It shows for me that they're still reviewing apps so I think you'll be fine.

Anyone get an interview invite yet? Anxiously awaiting..

Just got an interview invite tonight!

Is there a writing component of the interview that you complete on site?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite for me as well. Email.... Now I have to figure out how I'm gonna get down there

Does anyone know what the "writing exercise" entails? The email mentioned it

It's probably for them to find out whether if you can write since that part is not on the DAT :naughty:

Since interview + writing only takes about an hour according to the email, I doubt it's gonna be much. Some few short answers maybe? :confused:

I got an interview invite yesterday!

They should have my app in a week or two!

Last edited:
I'm a current D1 at SIU. Writing exercise was simple. Two questions, you pick one. Mine was whether or not steroids in baseball was good or bad basically. I believe they just want to make sure you can communicate in writing and most importantly be able to justify your response.

What kinds of questions do they ask you during the interview?

Mostly the common ones. Strengths, weaknesses, why dentistry, etc. Maybe one or two uncommon. For example They asked me for a situation in which I had to mediate a conflict or something of that sort.

Has anyone received interview offers lately? Does this school still have pre-December interviews available still?

Last year they did late October and another round late November.

Has anyone received any interview invites for the second round of interviews in late November?

Also, for those who have NOT received interviews yet, what's your status on AADSAS?

Mine went from Received/Under Review to Received/Application Complete within about 3-4 days. Latest update was 9/9/13. :(. It was the only school that updated pretty fast for me...but alas, still nothing.

Does anyone know if the Dental students that do the tour portion of the interview/visit give feedback to the faculty that do the interviews? I felt like I made a better impression with the tour guide than the interviewers haha...

Has anyone else received an interview lately? And have they only sent out one round of interviews so far? It seems like it was just that one evening that interviews were sent out as I haven't heard of anything else yet.

Has anyone else received an interview lately? And have they only sent out one round of interviews so far? It seems like it was just that one evening that interviews were sent out as I haven't heard of anything else yet.
From my understanding, they only send two groups of invites. A pre-december batch, and a spring batch. What i know is that the first batch only has 4 interview days, which consisted of around 88 interviews. What i know from the Official ADEA guide is that they send around 100 interview invites. I guess what i'm trying to say is that pre-december is just one massive batch, there won't really be any invites going out at different weeks. Spring invites will probably be random because they are probably trying to fill up slots that either a student turned down an interview, or decided to go somewhere else for school. I hear that SIUE has sent an interview/acceptance a day before their semester started.

So SIU updated my status with "SIU/School of Dental Medicine has received your application and your file is complete. The committee is waiting to make a final decision on your file. Once a final decision is made you will be contacted." I'm bummed. Has anyone else gotten this message and gotten interview/accepted?

So SIU updated my status with "SIU/School of Dental Medicine has received your application and your file is complete. The committee is waiting to make a final decision on your file. Once a final decision is made you will be contacted." I'm bummed. Has anyone else gotten this message and gotten interview/accepted?
I got an email that was kind of like that confirming that they got my stuff and they do not require anything else from me. I eventually got an interview. They don't send out acceptances until Dec. 1st.

kinda feel like it's a borderline rejection since it says "final decision" so many times haha. wasn't one of my top picks either way :rolleyes:

Does anyone that has interviewed know the names of the interviewers? I forgot what their names were and am having trouble finding anything on their website (in terms of a faculty/staff roster). Can anyone help? Thanks

20AA. 3.8ogpa and sgpa. Illinois Resident.

Is anyone else interviewing the 20th?

Not sure if I quoted that right but I am interviewing the 20th as well at 1:30
My stats are 19AA 3.57 GPA and 3.45 sGPA, Illinois resident for everyone else that wanted to know

Good luck man!

Not sure if I quoted that right but I am interviewing the 20th as well at 1:30
My stats are 19AA 3.57 GPA and 3.45 sGPA, Illinois resident for everyone else that wanted to know

Good luck man!

Good luck to you also! I interview at 2:00 so we may run into each other!

Does anyone know if getting an interview necessarily means acceptance?

Yes around that number cause there is one oos. And those numbers might have not been the final numbers