***The Official SIU - School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallfries2005

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe we don't have one for SIU yet! Where are all my fellow SIU applicants at!?!? Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same!! Finally!!

Reactions: 4 users
Same here! September 25th!
oGPA: 3.99
sGPA: 4.00
DAT: 24 AA, 24 TS, 22 PAT
Residency: IL
Notified today by email

Reactions: 4 users
Everyone who got an invite, could you please share your stats and date application was sent in and date it was complete?? Thanks and best of luck on your interviews!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application on August 1st, sent the supplemental few weeks after. Got an application complete on August 22nd.

Stats: 3.96 overall, 4.0 science.
DAT: 23AA 25TS 22PAT (lowest was QR 18)

And instate of course.

I submitted my application on August 1st, sent the supplemental few weeks after. Got an application complete on August 22nd.

And instate of course.
Wow!!! Those are some solid stats!!! You'll definitely get into the UIC or SIU. I hope you do well in the interviews!! Best of luck!

Wow!!! Those are some solid stats!!! You'll definitely get into the UIC or SIU. I hope you do well in the interviews!! Best of luck!
Thank you! I still haven't received an invite from UIC but oh well, I'll wait. Best of luck to you as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my invite via email on Sept 1st, haven't picked a date yet tho.

Everyone who got an invite, could you please share your stats and date application was sent in and date it was complete?? Thanks and best of luck on your interviews!!!!
21 AA/ 25 PAT
3.93 oGPA/3.91 sGPA
App sent July 26th, complete August 13th
In state!

And instate of course.

I wanna know what you studied for the DAT those are awesome scores!

I wanna know what you studied for the DAT those are awesome scores!
Thank you and for the DAT I only recommend DAT destroyer and bootcamp to the pre dents around me that ask me for an advice. I also recommend ap cliff if they don't have a bio background at all. I used the 2017 destroyer and bootcamp (before the update). I felt like these 2 products were enough to prepare me for this exam in a short period of time.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyones AADSAS status change to Application Complete and not hear anything?

I wouldn't worry yet, its only the first batch of interviews that were sent out. I know plenty of instate people with great stats that are still waiting
Oh okay that makes me feel better, thanks!

Just got invited for an interview!

Anyone know if this is an open or closed format interview? Also, I saw there was an essay they'll want us to write.... Any clue what that's about? Good luck to everyone!

Interview invite;
oGPA; 3.814, sGPA; 3.75ish
OOS (Missouri)
DAT: 20 PA, 19 AA

Anyone know if this is an open or closed format interview? Also, I saw there was an essay they'll want us to write.... Any clue what that's about? Good luck to everyone!

I am also curious whether the SIU interview is:
  • Open or closed file
  • What style: 1v1, MMI, hybrid, etc
  • What is tone of interview: serious, chill, etc

Hey, it says in my interview invite email that the interview "will consist of three one on one interviews with our admissions committee members who are also faculty at SIU School of Dental Medicine." Anyone that has already interviewed or current SIU students can provide more insight? Interview in two days (Sept 26).. just a little curious.

Hey, it says in my interview invite email that the interview "will consist of three one on one interviews with our admissions committee members who are also faculty at SIU School of Dental Medicine." Anyone that has already interviewed or current SIU students can provide more insight? Interview in two days (Sept 26).. just a little curious.
I have my interview tomorrow morning. I will let you know what it is like!

We had 3 interviews with faculty. They were about 10 min each. They had a set of like 3-5 questions...all super typical. And then they let you ask questions to them so come prepared with a million questions. I kind of ran out of them because I had already asked the dental student who gave us our tour beforehand. It is super conversational! The school and everyone I met was amazing. I loved SIU.

Last edited:
For those who interviewed already, were the interviews open or closed file? Also, would you advise to bring resumes or additional materials.

Starting to get nervous...

For those who interviewed already, were the interviews open or closed file? Also, would you advise to bring resumes or additional materials.

Open file. Very laid back i really enjoyed the interviews actually!

Dont think you need to bring anything but if it makes you feel more comfortable why not!

The interview was open file and it was not intimidating at all. SIU is a wonderful school and I don't think you need to bring resumes or any additional materials. Each staff asked around 3-5 questions and leaves a lot of time at the end for questions. So make sure you have a lot of questions!

@Brilliance11 and @tle95 thank you so much for your responses. Definitely put me at ease. And even without interviewing yet, I can tell SIU is a wonderful school! Thanks again!

Good luck with the rest of your interviews!

I'm a current student and to all those applying, SIU is a top notch school. Should you be accepted and choose to attend, your clinical education will be second to none. Most of the criticisms I would have with the school related to my experiences have been moving in the right direction in the past few years. Given the bargain of tuition compared to most other schools and the quality of graduate dentists, I can't really justify going anywhere else. I may be a little biased but feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Reactions: 7 users
Interview on 11/7
Does anyone have any insight on the prompt/question for the essay portion of the interview?
Thank you.

Interview on 11/7
Does anyone have any insight on the prompt/question for the essay portion of the interview?
Thank you.
The prompt is super easy. No real background knowledge required. An example of the type of question would be something like, "Which is more important: wisdom or knowledge?" That's not the actual prompt but you get the idea...good luck!

has anyone that went to the October/November interviews received any thank you emails or saw a status change on aadsas from invited for interview? Because I haven’t received either

has anyone that went to the October/November interviews received any thank you emails or saw a status change on aadsas from invited for interview? Because I haven’t received either
Mine changed from invited for interview back to received/application complete a few weeks after my interview (interview was late September). Not sure if that has happened to others ?

Mine changed from invited for interview back to received/application complete a few weeks after my interview (interview was late September). Not sure if that has happened to others ?
They said that after the interview, they change your status to "application complete" so that should happen to everyone who interviewed I think

Status
Not open for further replies.