***The Official Southern Illinois University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didnt see a thread for SIU this cycle and since it looks like they just sent out their first sounds of invites I figured I'd make one.

Link to interview prep: Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my interview invite yesterday, good luck to everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the interviews like? Can anyone give specifics on time and what the interview consists of? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the interviews!! can you guys please share your stats?

Is SIU 30 min from the airport?

Assuming you mean St Louis airport then yeah maybe a bit more in traffic. Make sure you're going to the siu dental school in Alton not the main campus.

Assuming you mean St Louis airport then yeah maybe a bit more in traffic. Make sure you're going to the siu dental school in Alton not the main campus.

I google mapped SIU dental from st. Louis airport.. that should be correct I’m assuming...?

Members don't see this ad :)
what time should we be there for the morning interviews?

Email said morning sessions begin at 8:30 and there's no reason to arrive earlier but I'd probably try getting 10-15 min earlier

Anybody who interviewed recently want to share how it went?

Anybody who interviewed recently want to share how it went?
I thought it was really laid back. The interviewers are really friendly. There’s three of them and they ask three questions each and then ask if you have any questions. There’s also a student panel where you ask current students questions but the faculty wasn’t present so there’s no real pressure there to ask too many questions. The tour is pretty quick, maybe 30 minutes and the essay portion was easy, they’re not really big questions.

I thought it was really laid back. The interviewers are really friendly. There’s three of them and they ask three questions each and then ask if you have any questions. There’s also a student panel where you ask current students questions but the faculty wasn’t present so there’s no real pressure there to ask too many questions. The tour is pretty quick, maybe 30 minutes and the essay portion was easy, they’re not really big questions.

Thanks for the info! I just had my interview I did feel that interviews here were longer than at most places one of mines went for about 30 minutes

SIU doesn't normally fill it's seats until April so there's still plenty of time what are your stats if you don't mind sharing?
3.41 oGPA 3.3 sGPA AA19 TS 21 PAT21.

Hey guys,

For anybody that has interviewed at SIU yet, did you guys send them thank you letters? And if you did, did you do them on an actual letter or did you just send them an email? Thank you!

Hey guys,

For anybody that has interviewed at SIU yet, did you guys send them thank you letters? And if you did, did you do them on an actual letter or did you just send them an email? Thank you!

I emailed them

For anyone who has interviewed at SIU, did you guys receive thank you email from them after your interview? I read from last years thread that people received a thank you email from the school. I did not receive one, I am being super paranoid right now. Thank you!

For anyone who has interviewed at SIU, did you guys receive thank you email from them after your interview? I read from last years thread that people received a thank you email from the school. I did not receive one, I am being super paranoid right now. Thank you!

I got one the day after my interview doesn't seem like something to worry about tho

I got one the day after my interview doesn't seem like something to worry about tho
Thank you for your reply. What time in the day did you receive that email if you don't mind me asking

Thank you for your reply. What time in the day did you receive that email if you don't mind me asking
When did you interview? Monday?

Hello, does SIU extend interview offers post December? My application was recently complete and this school is my top choice. I know I applied late but I just want to know if I still may have a chance (3.5 OGPA, 19 AA and TS for reference). Thank you!

Yeah they do. They normally don't have there class filled until at least April. And if your from Illinois a 19 and 3.5 is right around there average for acceptance.

Can anyone provide some information on the school?

Does anyone know if there have ever been previous threads that include information from current dental students on why they chose SIU? Or if there is a thread that highlights the pros and cons of SIU.

so I just had my interview earlier this week and I was checking my status on the AADSAS page and the status for SIU changed from "invited for interview" to "Received/Application Complete". should I be worried? what does that mean?

so I just had my interview earlier this week and I was checking my status on the AADSAS page and the status for SIU changed from "invited for interview" to "Received/Application Complete". should I be worried? what does that mean?
Same thing happened to me shortly after my interview. It doesn't mean anything. You were interviewed and they adjusted your status, simple as that.

Has anyone’s AADSAS portal change from the “received/application complete” yet?

Did anyone else's status change to "Check Back Dec 3rd"?

Mine changed to, “Check back dec 3rd” yesterday. I interviewed in early October. Hopefully it’s goid news. I doubt they’ll reject us on December 3rd when they can easily do it at any point. So I’m guessing accepted or waitlisted:)

Mine changed to, “Check back dec 3rd” yesterday. I interviewed in early October. Hopefully it’s goid news. I doubt they’ll reject us on December 3rd when they can easily do it at any point. So I’m guessing accepted or waitlisted:)

Did your status changed in the AADSAS portal under the decision status column?

I interviewed early November, and haven't seen any changes :nailbiting:

Did your status changed in the AADSAS portal under the decision status column?

I interviewed early November, and haven't seen any changes :nailbiting:

Yes, and you kinda just interviewed. I’m guessing maybe you will hear back sometime in December, if you don’t hear back on the 3rd. My guess is as good as yours!

Interviewed in September and the status didn’t change :(
Nobody really knows what any of the “check back dec 3rd” really means. It could be rejections! I wouldn’t get stressed over it!

I have read on other forums that if you have not interviewed yet and you received that update then it is a rejection. If you have received the update and interviewed, then you are either accepted or waitlisted. Best of luck everyone!

I have read on other forums that if you have not interviewed yet and you received that update then it is a rejection. If you have received the update and interviewed, then you are either accepted or waitlisted. Best of luck everyone!
What about interviewed but no update....

Did everyone's status on their portal change to Check Back Dec 3rd??

Status
Not open for further replies.