***The Official Southern Illinois University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

frentist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an applicant this upcoming cycle and noticed there was not a thread yet. Has anyone heard anything?

Link to last year's thread: ***The Official Southern Illinois University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I have not heard a word, I haven't received an email saying my application was received. Anyone else?

Patiently waiting! I got the email saying they received my supplemental fee back in June and then nothing. They said they don't start reviewing until August so hopefully we hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received the same stating they received my supplemental fee as well. I submitted in mid july

I been told that September 1st is when invites go out and interviews begin

Invitations were emailed today!

Interview #2
School
: SIU
Notification date: 8/21/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/19
Application complete date: 6/10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/25/20/Yes-QR(16)

Really excited! Can't wait!

My status on the portal changed to invited for interview, but I didn’t get an email yet. Is this normal?

Interview #2
School
: SIU
Notification date: 8/21/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/19
Application complete date: 6/10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/25/20/Yes-QR(16)

Really excited! Can't wait!
Also got an interview today, very excited!
My status on the portal changed to invited for interview, but I didn’t get an email yet. Is this normal?
I got an interview too!!!
What's the first interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is next Tuesday but I haven’t gotten a confirmation email yet. Did anyone else get one?

Does any one kniw when the next round of interviews would be sent?

Anyone interview here yet? How was the interview? Is it closed or open file?

I was there last year. Its an open file interview, so they could ask anything. When I was there it was very laid back, and conversational.
You arived there then you had a student panel/lunch. After that was a writing section, very easy prompts. Then they split you up into two groups. Each group would either do the interview first, or do the tour of the college. After that your done, it took about 4 hours for the whole event.

Does anybody know how many rounds of interview's they send out Pre-December?

Anyone receive interview invites recently? Particularly OOS? I feel as if its been very silent lately but maybe not many are posting.

no, mine went from invited to interview (back in Sept) to received/app complete after the interview
Same here, I interviewed a few weeks ago.

Same here, I interviewed a few weeks ago.
Supposedly, if you‘re accepted then your status is supposed to change to “Check Back on December 2nd” during late November.

Anyone else's mind going crazy since the AADSAS Status tab is down/buffering??? I'm imagining ALLLLL of the dental schools logging all day today to update our status before the Thanksgiving break.... And then it crashed!!!! Maybe when they get it back up and running, we will all have that "check back Dec 2nd" status!!!!!!

One more week guys!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else's mind going crazy since the AADSAS Status tab is down/buffering??? I'm imagining ALLLLL of the dental schools logging all day today to update our status before the Thanksgiving break.... And then it crashed!!!! Maybe when they get it back up and running, we will all have that "check back Dec 2nd" status!!!!!!

One more week guys!!!
I was thinking the exact same thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

One more week guys!!!
You read my mind hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Any update’s on status changes yet? Or are the admissions staff on thanksgiving break and there won’t be one this year? I know one cycle they didn’t update until the day itself

Any update’s on status changes yet? Or are the admissions staff on thanksgiving break and there won’t be one this year? I know one cycle they didn’t update until the day itself
That’s kind of what I’m thinking.. mine hasn’t changed either

How and when will they notify us about their decision? Is it going to be a 12 am AADSAS update? Or an email or a phone call during the day? Please let me know if you have any idea! Thank you

Angela will update AADSAS and email tomorrow morning.
How and when will they notify us about their decision? Is it going to be a 12 am AADSAS update? Or an email or a phone call during the day? Please let me know if you have any idea! Thank you

Previous cycles were emailed anywhere from 5am-730am. Good Luck everyone!!

Accepted! In state. Email at 143! Hallelujah!!!!

I haven't heard anything. In previous years they were all sent at the same time. If I haven't heard anything does that mean I'm rejected or waitlisted?

I heard that 25 were sent out today and more will be sent in January. not sure if true

Anyone receive a waitlist or rejection email?

I emailed Angela yesterday afternoon about my status and haven’t heard back yet!