***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

jz123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here you go, guys. It is a very competitive school, but don't give up. let's get it. :)

Please post your interview/acceptance information here. if possible, please follow the format below. Thanks.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: Date
Reapplicant?: Yes or No

Date Application Mailed: Date

Residency: State

GPA and DAT:

Interview Notification: Date

Acceptance Notification: Date

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
did anybody get any sort of notification from the school yet?

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a notification today they are reviewing my application.

Has anyone received an interview invite from stony brook yet?

Just got an interview!!! by phone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Date Application Mailed: 7/15/2016

Residency: NY

GPA and DAT: 3.7; 23

Interview Notification: 9/7/2016

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
To the people who were affected by stonys new pre req rule of having pre reqs completed before application:

Did you guys contact stony about this issue yet? I just realized in addition to the biochem that I was planning on taking next semester, I also have orgo lab. Do you guys think I wont be considered at all?

To the people who were affected by stonys new pre req rule of having pre reqs completed before application:

Did you guys contact stony about this issue yet? I just realized in addition to the biochem that I was planning on taking next semester, I also have orgo lab. Do you guys think I wont be considered at all?

Honestly man, its all up to Stony, but if they've been telling you that you are out of luck thats what it is.

has anyone gotten an interview without completing biochem yet?

Anyone interview yet or know anything about the it? My interview is coming up and the nerves are starting to kick in.... :sorry::sour:

Anyone interview yet or know anything about the it? My interview is coming up and the nerves are starting to kick in.... :sorry::sour:

Depend who you get. The D4 will be very nice, that would be closed file so they won't know anything about you.

You will get 2 faculty, and they are very different from each other. How it goes will depend on luck and you.

Anyone that applied to August get an invite yet?

i know stony brook accepts around 40 people, but does anyone know how many people they interview?

i know stony brook accepts around 40 people, but does anyone know how many people they interview?

60-70 people OOS about 100-110 instate were the numbers from 2009-2012. Stopped releasing numbers 2013 onward so it might be the same or could be entirely different.

hey team

has anyone contacted stony brook about pre-requisites not being completed till the end of spring semester? my emails were unsuccesful but i plan on calling them soon. do we lose hope

hey team

has anyone contacted stony brook about pre-requisites not being completed till the end of spring semester? my emails were unsuccesful but i plan on calling them soon. do we lose hope

Hey, I've spoken to a lot of interviewees about whether they have completed their biochem/calculus pre reqs and all of them have said yes. Trying to find an exception and haven't had luck so far.

i have called about it because i wasn't going to take biochemistry until my spring semester senior year, but they told me that they found that students said they were going to take the course and never did, so the latest that you can take it is in the fall and you need to provide proof of that. because of this, i took biochemistry during the summer

Last edited:
FYI! If anyone's applying to Stony dental because it's a "cheap" public school, just be aware that they make us buy dental kits every year. If you think you're gonna be paying 30k in-state, think again. It's closer to 50k.

Private schools cost 80k with their kits, 50k is a bargain. I thought the 20k is the clinical fee, I suppose that includes the kits?

Interviewing here next Friday. Any tips?

3 1 on 1s, about 20 minutes each. 2 faculty 1 D4. Its conversational with a few questions mixed in.

anyone know what time stony usually sends out acceptances?

hey everyone! final countdown! I interviewed back in late September and I am from out of state. My hopes aren't too high but looking forward to figuring this all out tomorrow. So they phone call you if you accepted? what if you are rejected haha? what do they do? will I know tomorrow?

Goodluck! I interviewed around then as well, IS.

will they call you if you're rejected? good luck everyone!

No they don't call if its a rejection.

They could. Or they might save you for Jan. Which is the second wave.

I'm mentally preparing for a rejection since I am out of state. Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst!

Still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted OOS! I was taking an exam so I got the voicemail after!!!! :)

Pete6277 is IS and got the call.

hi guys, i was just wondering... what does it mean if you didnt get a phone call? Are you rejected or on a waitlist? Did hand out acceptances for all the seats? Could they call more people tomorrow?

this was one of my preferred schools

Last edited:
They can call into tomorrow.