****The Official Temple University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

BMEEngineer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't able to find a thread for this year's applicants.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully some of us will be able to meet each other! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't received any information from Temple yet, but that isn't surprising. Based on last year's thread (look at 2016 instead of 2017 for early cycle) it appears we might expect responses a little later than other schools.

Hopefully we will hear about interviews in the next month or so!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't applied yet, but I'll be applying to Temple!
FL resident but I used to live in PA and would love to be in the area again at this great school! :p

Haven't applied yet, but I'll be applying to Temple!
FL resident but I used to live in PA and would love to be in the area again at this great school! :p
Hi....from Fl too here....I applied to Temple too :) hopefully we'll here back soon!!

Applied. 5th batch.

Last edited:
Any idea when we can expect supplementals to go out?

Just got the supplemental through email. Looks like it's just a fee, no secondary app.

4th Batch.

Same, except I am 1st batch. Did anyone notice the time stamp on the email? Somebody had either a really late night or an early morning. Glad to hear something though, I was getting concerned.

Same, except I am 1st batch. Did anyone notice the time stamp on the email? Somebody had either a really late night or an early morning. Glad to hear something though, I was getting concerned.

Yea my timestamp was like 5:30am (east coast)... but didn't show up in my mailbox until about 9:30am.

What's up with the application disclosure? Who else will they discuss our app's with outside the committee?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received the email as well, 3rd batch here!

I was wondering though, for the supplemental what do we put for the section, "list the people you give permission to discuss your application"?

Got it here as well. I think it went out to anyone who has applied prior to this week, I was first batch though. Got the same 5:28 am time stamp, received it at 9:29. Nice to see there's no secondary. And for the "list the people you give permission to discuss your application" question, leave it blank and on the box on the left select "Anyone who inquires about my application" for the standard reply.

Got it here as well. I think it went out to anyone who has applied prior to this week, I was first batch though. Got the same 5:28 am time stamp, received it at 9:29. Nice to see there's no secondary. And for the "list the people you give permission to discuss your application" question, leave it blank and on the box on the left select "Anyone who inquires about my application" for the standard reply.

Awesome, thanks!

Thanks!

I love how it says, "Due to the high volume of applications, the review process continues through June. Therefore, you may not hear from us regarding your status until that time." Even though it's practically August.

I received the email too .....but Do they send out the supplemental to everybody that applied or to certain applicants??:confused:

Instead, could we just write the name of our university in the box on the left?

You could... but you might as well put "whoever inquires about my application can read it" or whatever. Only people you want looking at it will be. It's not like some random joe is going to go in and ask about your app

I received the email too .....but Do they send out the supplemental to everybody that applied or to certain applicants??:confused:

I know for a fact that they don't send it out to everyone. Sometimes they look at your GPA and DAT scores and if it doesn't meet what they're looking for right away they'll send you a rejection letter ASAP without sending a secondary.

Got my supplemental today via e-mail. Third batch, btw.

I know for a fact that they don't send it out to everyone. Sometimes they look at your GPA and DAT scores and if it doesn't meet what they're looking for right away they'll send you a rejection letter ASAP without sending a secondary.

Thanks so much! I haven't taken my Dat yet but my gpa is good, i think. The fact that they don't send sups to everybody is kinda good. I really like this school. The clinical rotations are one of the best in the country :) + philadelphia is a nice city to spend 4 years of ur life :)

Where did you learn that they only send the supplementary application to a select group of applicants?

Im pretty sure they send it to EVERYONE who applied...they process completed applications only after they steal more of your money.

Where do you find the time stamp? and what does that exactly mean?

Where do you find the time stamp? and what does that exactly mean?

E-mails usually display the date and time of when they were sent, which I call a time-stamp. I made the comment simply for conversation :)

E-mails usually display the date and time of when they were sent, which I call a time-stamp. I made the comment simply for conversation :)

I see but I don't see two different times. I just see 9:29 AM and that's it haha. I am probably missing something here.

I see but I don't see two different times. I just see 9:29 AM and that's it haha. I am probably missing something here.

It will only show the time it is sent. The person may not have realized it showed up in their inbox til 9:30 or it wasn't actually received on their end until 9:30. You are asking questions about something very irrelevant.

Hey guys, I received the temple supplemental the other day, and was very confused about the section that asks

Please print the Money Order number in the following box:

to which number are they referring to?

thanks!

Hey guys, I received the temple supplemental the other day, and was very confused about the section that asks

Please print the Money Order number in the following box:

to which number are they referring to?

thanks!

Literally, it's asking for the check number. Each check in your checkbook is numbered and that number is typically found in the top left corner. I believe that is what the form is asking for.

Seems like they won't start reviewing apps until September :(

Got an email this morning asking to take a post bacc program survey. Anyone else get this?

Last edited:
That could definitely be it seeing as I was rejected last cycle.

Anyone ever get a confirmation that they received your supplemental?

Nothing yet, but I suspect it will still be another week before I hear anything. I mailed out the material at the end of July.

Anyone ever get a confirmation that they received your supplemental?

Nothing yet for me. Mailed from CA on 7/30. I think itll be a while. Mailing and processing times are slow.

Check finally cashed but no confirmation yet.

Is it normal my app was sent out about three weeks ago and I have yet to receive anything?

Is it normal my app was sent out about three weeks ago and I have yet to receive anything?

No. You should worry after 2-4 weeks + a few days for mail. I sent mine the day I got the supplemental and my check still hasn't cashed. I wished you could pay online since the post office is unpredictable/unreliable haha. I got/sent mine July 30.

No. You should worry after 2-4 weeks + a few days for mail. I sent mine the day I got the supplemental and my check still hasn't cashed. I wished you could pay online since the post office is unpredictable/unreliable haha. I got/sent mine July 30.
Thanks for the reply. I haven't received an email for my supplemental yet that's what's puzzling me

Haven't received anything? No supplemental? My application was mailed 7/26 (5th batch) and on 7/30 I received supplemental..I believe everyone gets supplemental because it seems to be automatic system sending it out to those that submitted by last week of july...and I am LOW stats..you should call them

Haven't received anything? No supplemental? My application was mailed 7/26 (5th batch) and on 7/30 I received supplemental..I believe everyone gets supplemental because it seems to be automatic system sending it out to those that submitted by last week of july...and I am LOW stats..you should call them

Well I just checked it was sent out on the 2nd of August. Felt line its been a while I guess. I'll email though I appreciate the help. Best of luck for you