2017 ****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Does anyone know when interviews resume?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to those who got accepted. Very happy for you all! Can those who got accepted share their STATS? DAT score, GPA, ScienceGPA, essay strategy, DAT study plan EVERYTHING. I am taking my DAT this summer and any advice is helpful and appreciated.
My gpa is a 3.69 overall 3.66 science
I felt that my personal statement was extremely personal and throrough
DAT was 19 academic average with a 20 in PAT and organic
I used Kaplan to study and I highly recommend!!
Goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, has anyone else found that temple is unresponsive to emails? i have a few important questions that i was going to email the admissions office but i didn't receive replies to some earlier emails (which were weeks/months back)

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted at Temple and Pittsburgh. Anyone else in my boat deciding between the two?

Does anyone know the specialization rate out of temple? currently unsure if I would want to, just curious as to what the rate is if i decide to

Accepted at Temple and Pittsburgh. Anyone else in my boat deciding between the two?

Does anyone know the specialization rate out of temple? currently unsure if I would want to, just curious as to what the rate is if i decide to
Both great schools, congrats!! Not really sure about Pittsburgh, but I visited Temple the day before my interview and was lucky enough to have a student show me around and answer my questions. He said Temple prefers their own students for their specialty programs and if you show interest in a specialty, you will get more patients regarding that field. (Also p.s., love your username lol)

Reactions: 1 users
JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!!!!

ACCEPTED!! I'M LITERALLY SHAKING, THANK YOU BRIAN. (also p.s. my addsas didn't change to check back to dec 1 probably because i interviewed Nov 15) GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!! :)

We interviewed on the same day! Congrats and see you next August I hope =D

Reactions: 1 users
Does Temple record/upload all their lectures like Maryland?

Last edited:
Anyone remember if Temple offers elective courses in the later years of school? Or does everyone in a class take all the same courses?

Last edited:
Does anyone remember if they take part 1 of boards after D1?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
anybody know what room and board would cost here? temple's site gives $15400 vs $23638 from the ADEA guidebook

howdy friends! so i never post here, kind of just creep in the background. Just got accepted into Temple today and that was my top choice. Would love to get to know some future class mates! and if anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am in the same boat. I also was accepted to Case so the decisions is a pretty hard one.

That does sound like a pretty hard decision. All are excellent schools. What are you leaning towards?
Pitt Gave me some scholarship money and its closer to home, but I really like Temple's clinical focus. I am probably leaning Pitt though. If I knew 100% that I wanted to do general then I would go Temple, but I'm feeling that I want to specialize.

Which address did you guys use to send in your deposit? Did you specify "Attention: Terry Griffin" or just to Office of Admissions?

Anyone do the "Required Background Clearance #3 Pennsylvania Child Abuse" yet? When you sign up and do the clearance application, what did you put for Agency Name after selecting "volunteer" option?

Anyone do the "Required Background Clearance #3 Pennsylvania Child Abuse" yet? When you sign up and do the clearance application, what did you put for Agency Name after selecting "volunteer" option?
I put "Dental School Student" just to be brief about it, because every school requests it mostly.

I put "Dental School Student" just to be brief about it, because every school requests it mostly.
Did you call them to figure it out or you just thought to write that instead?

Last edited:
I called Terry and she said "Kornberg School of Dentistry" for Agency name.
Then do that! I'm still not 100% going to Temple, so I kept it brief. I'm torn between here and Penn, so I wanted to avoid having to complete the process twice.

How do we know if they got our deposit? ... My tracking said it was delivered monday but my check hasn't been deposited yet, uhm...

How do we know if they got our deposit? ... My tracking said it was delivered monday but my check hasn't been deposited yet, uhm...
Wondering the same thing. I sent mine in this past Thursday, and it was received the following day, Friday. My tracking said it was received, but wondering if we'll ever get notification.

Wondering the same thing. I sent mine in this past Thursday, and it was received the following day, Friday. My tracking said it was received, but wondering if we'll ever get notification.
Eeek, I think I'm going to try calling on Monday, hopefully they're not on break yet!

How do you track the delivery?
I sent mine through UPS (also haven't received any confirmation from the school); UPS provides you with a tracking number you can just put into google search and it will show up.

If I create a Facebook c/0 2021 group, will people join?

Hey fam, just called the school and Terry said for those whose deposit was received at the school already, we should get a confirmation e-mail before the end of this week! If you don't receive an e-mail and your deposit tracking was marked as received, call Terry!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey fam, just called the school and Terry said for those whose deposit was received at the school already, we should get a confirmation e-mail before the end of this week! If you don't receive an e-mail and your deposit tracking was marked as received, call Terry!
:highfive:

Hi, I just got an interview invite mail and scheduled it. Do they send a confirmation mail? Cause I did not get any email confirmation about my interview date..:(

Hi, I just got an interview invite mail and scheduled it. Do they send a confirmation mail? Cause I did not get any email confirmation about my interview date..:(

No I didn't get a confirmation after scheduling it either

Sent from my LG-H820 using SDN mobile

Haven't heard a thing from this school since filling out the supplemental back in September.