**The Official Tennsessee College of Dentistry 2017 Acceptance Thread**

So now I'm guessing no status change and no call yet is bad news? Maybe I can at least get wait listed..

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have calls? Offer made on AADSAS. I have an H last name and haven't gotten a call yet, but its Hu

Just got a phone call from Dr. Covington and hour ago!!!

Any OOS received acceptance status/calls?

I have an "Offer made" status update on my application. However, I did not receive a call yet.

Just got an email saying I was on the alternate list, guess that is better than nothing but still bummed out a little.

^ same here. I am also a "Tennessee Alternate". Just got an email at 5:02pm. Pretty bummed. I really hope someone gives up their spot. I'd rather not have to apply for the third time...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I got an email from Dean Covington. I am an alternate on the "out of state list". If an in state resident drops then it goes to the next "in state" alternate, so only if an out of state resident drops will I have a chance. At least there is still a chance, even if it's a slim one!

I just got the oos alternate list 2 thank God I got 3 other offers @ GHSU,UAB n Meharry!! Crazy chance of getting in @ this school anyway 1 in 10 chance!! plus $363,000 is a lot of money!! I still hate being rejected though bummer 

Well, I got an email from Dean Covington. I am an alternate on the "out of state list". If an in state resident drops then it goes to the next "in state" alternate, so only if an out of state resident drops will I have a chance. At least there is still a chance, even if it's a slim one!

Well a lot more likely for an OOS to drop than an in-state, but good luck to you it really is a nice school and I hope to get off the in-state alternate list.

I just got the oos alternate list 2 thank God I got 3 other offers @ GHSU,UAB n Meharry!! Crazy chance of getting in @ this school anyway 1 in 10 chance!! plus $363,000 is a lot of money!! I still hate being rejected though bummer 

Hey I'll take your spot! I'm an OOS alternate as well dudes.
Kinda sucks, but we'll see what happens.

I wouldnt be too bummed about bein an alternate here, Dr Covington mentioned his alternate lists were very reasonable in our group interview . . i do know the 10 out of state spots are the most competitive though

I received an email today too. I am a Tennessee Alternate! Let us know if you are a TN resident and going elsewhere. I'm praying for this good news to turn into great news.

I got an "Arkansas Alternate" on Monday, but accepted to Louisville!! Anybody now if they have started working through alternate lists, I'd still be considering Memphis pretty hard if they threw me a spot. I'd be out of state at both places and out of state tuition is really close for both schools.

I would think the alternate lists would move some in January. December would be pretty early for most people making decisions on where the next four years will be for themselves.

I would like to know how long accepted OOS'ers have to finalize their acceptances. Anyone know?

I would think the alternate lists would move some in January. December would be pretty early for most people making decisions on where the next four years will be for themselves.

I would like to know how long accepted OOS'ers have to finalize their acceptances. Anyone know?

I would imagine it is the same time frame as everyone else, which is one month I believe

Hi guys I just got a call from Dr. Covington offering and I was sleep but on my voicemail he said he wanted to offer me a spot into the up coming D1 class. however I am going to decline the offer b/c I'm going to GHSU. I am oos by the way. Good luck to all of those still waiting to hear back!

Just got accpeted. I was a Tennessee Alternate. Got the call today.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call!! So excited. I was on the OOS alternate list

Anyone else get an e-mail (on Valentines Day :-/) saying that they were an Arkansas alternate?

Also curious if there is anyone from arkansas that got accepted and is planning on declining?

Thanks Ya'll!

Just got accepted off of the Arkansas Alternate List!!

hey do you mind telling us what your gpa and dat is?