***The Official Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
they had their class full in their first acceptance cycle... the second offer was never sent out

Members don't see this ad.

lmao wow but its probably true.....all I'm seeing is people getting accepted to Hou and SA

I emailed them today

Our Admissions Committee will not meet again until mid-to-late March, they have not scheduled a date yet, to select applicants to be placed on an Alternate List. We do currently have a full class. Rejections for applicant who have interviewed are not sent out until late May/early June, we keep you active for as long as possible just in case we need more applicants to be placed on an Alternate List.

The class is already full it seems.
Are you IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know they sent out waitlists along with the first round of acceptance? Or could they have sent out only the acceptances... just trying to see if I have any chance of getting in at the last minute since my interview was right after the Dec 3rd.

Does anyone know they sent out waitlists along with the first round of acceptance? Or could they have sent out only the acceptances... just trying to see if I have any chance of getting in at the last minute since my interview was right after the Dec 3rd.
Not sure if it’s on this thread, but someone had mentioned that they emailed the ad com, and they said as of right now the class is full but they will meet again in March/April to make the alternate/waitlist!

Not sure if it’s on this thread, but someone had mentioned that they emailed the ad com, and they said as of right now the class is full but they will meet again in March/April to make the alternate/waitlist!

Yes, I read it! Why I'm asking if I have a chance at the last minute. They said the second round is going to be out late April for the waitlist, so I'm asking if there's going to be people ahead of us on the waitlist if we do get a waitlist invitation.

Oh btw, they said they won't have another meeting till late April now, instead of March... :'(

Yes, I read it! Why I'm asking if I have a chance at the last minute. They said the second round is going to be out late April for the waitlist, so I'm asking if there's going to be people ahead of us on the waitlist if we do get a waitlist invitation.

Oh btw, they said they won't have another meeting till late April now, instead of March... :'(
Did you ask them?

anyone know if the class is still full or if they sent out rejections for people that interviewed after the first round?

I spoke with Dr. Miller recently and the class was still full.

Reactions: 1 users
Any updates??? does anyone know if the class is still full?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates??? does anyone know if the class is still full?
Alternative list will be going out in April. There were a few seats that were open but I'm not sure if they filled those already.

Alternative list will be going out in April. There were a few seats that were open but I'm not sure if they filled those already.

When did you hear that there's a few spots open? I just emailed Mrs.Pledgers and she said the class is still full.

When did you hear that there's a few spots open? I just emailed Mrs.Pledgers and she said the class is still full.
My friend said two of his friends that got in are not going to A&M.

Will we be notified if we're on the alternative list?

Will we be notified if we're on the alternative list?
My friend got a call telling him he was last year. He was also told on the call that he was close to the top so maybe that was why they were calling? They wouldn't tell him how many people were on it or where he was on it either.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else get the alternate list email? Also, does it mean any dental school including out of state schools or just Texas schools?

Anyone else get the alternate list email? Also, does it mean any dental school including out of state schools or just Texas schools?
When you get alt listed it only applies to the one school. Just like being waitlisted but only later in the season.

I got one too. I think it means if you get an acceptance from any other schools after May 1st, then you must remove yourself from the alternate list since you're not guaranteed an offer from TAMU. They don't want us to hold a spot and not get in at the expense of an acceptance elsewhere.

Do they put everyone who didn't get accepted on the alternate list or is it only select individuals?

Do they put everyone who didn't get accepted on the alternate list or is it only select individuals?

I would think only selected individuals. I got on an waitlist as well. I think the class is still full though. Slightest chance of getting admitted at this point.

My friend said two of his friends that got in are not going to A&M.

Do you know by any chance they dropped their seat yet? I'm assumming they got in somewhere else since they dont want to attend Texas A&M but they can only hold two spots for couple of weeks, and the class seems to be full for quite some time.

For the alternate list people, do we send our transcript to TAMU college station? or TMDSAS?

For the alternate list people, do we send our transcript to TAMU college station? or TMDSAS?

You should never send anything to TAMU College Station! It’s primarily a undergraduate campus! Send transcripts to the Dallas address!

You should never send anything to TAMU College Station! It’s primarily a undergraduate campus! Send transcripts to the Dallas address!

Thank you! I will send it directly to the school!

Do you know by any chance they dropped their seat yet? I'm assumming they got in somewhere else since they dont want to attend Texas A&M but they can only hold two spots for couple of weeks, and the class seems to be full for quite some time.
No idea but that's what I was told when I made the post but we'll find out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.