***The Official Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Ricer7

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Here is the thread for this years cycle! Good luck to everyone applying!

Link to interview prep: Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to last year's thread: ***The Official Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

*edited by the staff to include a link to last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone hear anything from any Texas schools yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just that they've received my applications and are processing.

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email from A&M a few days after TMDSAS transmitted just confirming that they had received my app and wanted me to fill out the secondary. App submitted to TMDSAS on June 7.

I received an email from A&M a few days after TMDSAS transmitted just confirming that they had received my app and wanted me to fill out the secondary. App submitted to TMDSAS on June 7.
Do we have to wait for A&M's email saying to fill out the secondary or can we go ahead and fill it out through the secondary app link once our TMDSAS app has been transmitted?

Do we have to wait for A&M's email saying to fill out the secondary or can we go ahead and fill it out through the secondary app link once our TMDSAS app has been transmitted?
I received an email from Texas A&M COD which gave me a link to where I could fill out the secondary. I didn't realize that there was a link to the secondary app through TMDSAS. Where is it located?

I received an email from Texas A&M COD which gave me a link to where I could fill out the secondary. I didn't realize that there was a link to the secondary app through TMDSAS. Where is it located?
Yup! It's on the TMDSAS website. Here's the link: Secondary Applications
Look for dental and click on the link for A&M.

Yup! It's on the TMDSAS website. Here's the link: Secondary Applications
Look for dental and click on the link for A&M.
Oh I see! That's the same place where you get brought to if you follow the link from the email. I wouldn't see why you shouldn't be able to just go ahead and do it, but then again I can't say anything for sure.

Oh I see! That's the same place where you get brought to if you follow the link from the email. I wouldn't see why you shouldn't be able to just go ahead and do it, but then again I can't say anything for sure.
Gotcha, no prob. Thanks for your insight!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten an interview invite yet? It seems the TX schools (Houston & A&M) are a little behind this year
It seems that UT Health SA is the only school to send out interviews yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview invite about an hour ago. Date is set for 8/28.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my interview invite about an hour ago. Date is set for 8/28.
Do you know if they typically give out in state and out of state invites at the same time or different times?

Do you know if they typically give out in state and out of state invites at the same time or different times?

Last year, their website showed out of state applicants would not be reviewed until after September 30th, the last day to submit an application for A&M. I received my interview invite, as an OOS student, the next day on October 1st

Reactions: 2 users
Last year, their website showed out of state applicants would not be reviewed until after September 30th, the last day to submit an application for A&M. I received my interview invite, as an OOS student, the next day on October 1st

So you got accepted to A&M as an OOS student? If you don't mind me asking, what was your DAT score, GPA, and BCPM GPA?

So you got accepted to A&M as an OOS student? If you don't mind me asking, what was your DAT score, GPA, and BCPM GPA?

I don’t want to post exact numbers on here, but as you can imagine, my scores and grades were nicely above average and competitive! Keep in mind, those aren’t the ONLY things that matter. CV should also be good.

I don’t want to post exact numbers on here, but as you can imagine, my scores and grades were nicely above average and competitive! Keep in mind, those aren’t the ONLY things that matter. CV should also be good.

Ah I see. Currently I'm at 3.84 overall, 3.73 BCPM, 22 ACT, 21TS, 28 reading, 18 PAT, nothing below 17. That should make me competitive, even as an OOS applicant, right? If it helps I'm also only 19 and I'm attending UTD.

IMO, your GPA and scores are solid! Congrats on the 28 RC. I wouldn't worry about the 18 PAT. From the small picture I see, it seems like you have a chance at an interview.
Edit: Remember, even with good stats, it is still very hard to get into Texas schools. Good luck!

Last edited:
Interview: Texas A&M University College of Dentistry
Notification date: 7 August 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 22 May 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.61, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/24/21/23/lol
Interview Date: 4 September 2019

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a significance between getting an interview for the first week of September vs one in October/November? Or are all pre-December interviews considered the same?

Is there a significance between getting an interview for the first week of September vs one in October/November? Or are all pre-December interviews considered the same?
Right now, the people who are getting interviewed are those with killer stats. As the application cycle progresses, those with lower stats but are still competitive applicants will get interviewed.

Killer stats doesn’t automatically mean you’re in—my friend is a D2 at Houston and knows people who were interviewed at all 3 schools but ultimately didn’t get accepted into 1. How early you interview is just for clout. All that matters is getting into ONE school and then becoming the best dentist you can be. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
"...just for clout." Haha love the popular culture jargon!

Also, adding on to what I said: my other D2 friend was notified in late September that he had an interview... and he had a great GPA and even made a 26 on the DAT! Truly, it’s a process with a tricky algorithm so all we can do is hope for the best.

does anyone know when TX schools typically begin extending interview invitations to OOS applicants?

Right now, the people who are getting interviewed are those with killer stats. As the application cycle progresses, those with lower stats but are still competitive applicants will get interviewed.

Killer stats doesn’t automatically mean you’re in—my friend is a D2 at Houston and knows people who were interviewed at all 3 schools but ultimately didn’t get accepted into 1. How early you interview is just for clout. All that matters is getting into ONE school and then becoming the best dentist you can be. :)

Definitely completely agree with you. All about getting into the one and becoming a great dentist. I was only asking because I got an interview way earlier than I expected, since I wouldn’t consider my stats “killer”. But nevertheless, I am 100% grateful and will try to do my best in it.

Definitely completely agree with you. All about getting into the one and becoming a great dentist. I was only asking because I got an interview way earlier than I expected, since I wouldn’t consider my stats “killer”. But nevertheless, I am 100% grateful and will try to do my best in it.
Sending you lots of good vibes!!

Interview #1
Notification Date: 8/21/19
Method of notification: email
TMDSAS submitted: 7/29/19
GPA: 3.94 (Computer Science)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17):
21/20/22/21/none
Interview date:9/20/19

does anyone know when TX schools typically begin extending interview invitations to OOS applicants?
I believe it was some time in september; i want to say the 1st but not sure

Interview #3: The Texas A&M University College of Dentistry
Notification date: 27 August 2019
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07 June 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.95, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/23/28/none
Interview Date: 27 September 2019

Interview #2: The Texas A&M University College of Dentistry
Notification date: 27 August 2019
TMDSAS mail-out date: 20 June 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.82, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/24/22/25/none
Interview Date: 25 September 2019

Does anyone know what kind of interview style A&M does? I know there are three one-on-one interviews with faculty/students, but is the interview open-file or closed-file? Or do they just have access to the essays?

Does anyone know what kind of interview style A&M does? I know there are three one-on-one interviews with faculty/students, but is the interview open-file or closed-file? Or do they just have access to the essays?
open file!

Interview #6
School: Texas A&M
Notification date: 09/25/19
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS submitted: 05/23/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.9
Masters GP: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/24/none
Interview date: 10/30/2019

Based on last year's thread, it seems like all OOS applicants were interviewed before December. Are all OOS applicants interviewed in November?

I received an email from Texas A&M on Aug 13th saying that my application was received, but I completed and submitted it August 9th.
did you apply through TMDSAS or just AADSAS and A&M's secondary app?

Any more OOS revieve an interview yet? And if so did you apply through TMDSAS or just AADSAS and their secondary.

Any more OOS revieve an interview yet? And if so did you apply through TMDSAS or just AADSAS and their secondary.

"Please note: Out-of-state applications who apply through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) MUST also submit the Texas A&M College of Dentistry application. " That is what their web page says. I applied through both Services and it is under review right now. I applied in September so it was late, have not heard from them yet.

Last edited:
Any more OOS students receive an invite yet?