2018 The Official Thread : Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we didn't get an update or an ecard, does that mean something other than acceptance? And congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Everyone who interviewed should have received an e-card. If you did not, email me (Dr. Chuck).

Members don't see this ad.

I got a puppy!!!! Cant wait to see everyone in the Fall!!!!:claps: Congrats everyone:highfive:

OMG PUPPY!!! I had the same reaction and I must say, I'm not sure any other school's acceptance letter will be able to compare to Chudleigh struggling to open mail.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG PUPPY!!! I had the same reaction and I must say, I'm not sure any other school's acceptance letter will be able to compare to Chudleigh struggling to open mail.
Agreed!!! OMG crying from joy!!! SO excited!!! Thank you Dr. Chuck :)

Reactions: 1 user
C to the A to the S to the E!!!
Top freaking choixe!!!

Under review email from Case---but acceptance from OSU! Not a bad morning! Congrats all of you who received admittance!

As people are celebrating getting offers, I wanted to also remind those of you who may still have interviews reserved for us: if you are no longer interested in interviewing at Case, please go to the Eventbrite site to cancel your interviews. The earlier you do this, the easier it would be for us to begin considering new files to send new invitations. Please help your fellow applicants.

Under review email as well, but accepted to U of Louisville and U of Kentucky:) Congrats everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!:)

I got an acceptance letter yesterday as well! :biglove:

Dr. Chuck, in the acceptance email, it mentions that we should "Please complete and return the New Student Information Request form with your check." but there is no attachment in the email. Is it safe to assume the request form is in the mail sent to our addresses?

Could I get some idea about what the curriculum is like for Case, like subjects taken in each year and such? Maybe a sample schedule for D1? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm looking over the schedule provided, but may I ask what "Independent Study" actually refers to? Thanks!

I'm looking over the schedule provided, but may I ask what "Independent Study" actually refers to? Thanks!
It's time they dedicated for you to do some studying. I asked one of my interviewers this question and they said you can use that time how you see fit. Study, lab, or working with your PBL group.

Dr. Chuck, in the acceptance email, it mentions that we should "Please complete and return the New Student Information Request form with your check." but there is no attachment in the email. Is it safe to assume the request form is in the mail sent to our addresses?

The form is included in your mailed packet and should be returned with your deposit. If you don't get your packet by Tuesday, email us.

I just received an interview from case, but will be turning this invite down. Thank you for considering me Case!

I just received an interview from case, but will be turning this invite down. Thank you for considering me Case!
Does this mean new Interview invites are being sent out? Or this was pre-december scheluded interview. I am still under review.

We are filling gaps in our interview appointments as people are dropping since they have other acceptances in hand. Hopefully people will let us know well in advance if they are dropping.

Hi Dr. Chuck,
When new interview invities are going to be send out? My application is still under review.

All January invitations have been sent out, and for the moment, we are full. More will only be sent out contingent on people cancelling or rescheduling interviews well in advance. We had plenty of surprise openings in December that we could have accommodated another 20 people if we had much more advanced notice. We have not scheduled interviews beyond January yet.

Did you all see this on Facebook earlier today?

"Everyone we interviewed in Dec and a handful from those from before Jan 11 should notices of adcom decisions by email today."

Best of luck!

@casedentalmed
Hello Dr. Chuck I have a question. These days, students with low GPA choose to go to SMP or Masters program. However, raising GPA isn't easy because for example student with GPA 3.0 might only be able to raise up to GPA 3.2 (even with 4.0 in SMP or masters). The concern is many dental schools prefer at least GPA 3.3. So my question is, how does admissions evaluate those kind of situations? Does admissions give some consideration for students who did well in their SMP/Masters but still with low GPA (3.2)?

@casedentalmed
Hello Dr. Chuck I have a question. These days, students with low GPA choose to go to SMP or Masters program. However, raising GPA isn't easy because for example student with GPA 3.0 might only be able to raise up to GPA 3.2 (even with 4.0 in SMP or masters). The concern is many dental schools prefer at least GPA 3.3. So my question is, how does admissions evaluate those kind of situations? Does admissions give some consideration for students who did well in their SMP/Masters but still with low GPA (3.2)?

I am unable to answer on behalf of many other dental schools. We do answer these questions in our online presentations which we have linked at the start of the thread.

Hi Dr Chuck,

I am a Canadian applicant who applied back in September. I have yet to hear back from CASE yet. And I believe my application is quite competitive as well.

Called to check on my status and to ask some questions. Lady who answered the phone was very stand-offish and condescending even though I was being very polite. She told me feb is the last month for interviews, Im fine with rejection I knew it was coming but what I really wanted to know was what were my major weaknesses and if Im doing the right things to make up for them if I have to apply next cycle. Didnt get to find out the answers to my question, she wanted to get off the phone and continue her conversation with the gentleman having fits of laughter in the background.

Called to check on my status and to ask some questions. Lady who answered the phone was very stand-offish and condescending even though I was being very polite. She told me feb is the last month for interviews, Im fine with rejection I knew it was coming but what I really wanted to know was what were my major weaknesses and if Im doing the right things to make up for them if I have to apply next cycle. Didnt get to find out the answers to my question, she wanted to get off the phone and continue her conversation with the gentleman having fits of laughter in the background.

We always advise people to email us about the status of their files. We do not discuss applicant status by phone as we often have interviews and it is a potential violation of applicant privacy. I do not know the circumstances of when you called to know what was going on in context, but I will certainly find out.

We always advise people to email us about the status of their files. We do not discuss applicant status by phone as we often have interviews and it is a potential violation of applicant privacy. I do not know the circumstances of when you called to know what was going on in context, but I will certainly find out.
Wait. So I'm a little confused. Is Case done giving out interviews??

Wait. So I'm a little confused. Is Case done giving out interviews??

I'm not certain, but looking at Dr. Chuck's posts above, I'd say that they are very close to the end. It looks like they are mainly trying to fill in "gaps" of people who cancel their interviews. As such, it is imperative that people who no longer want to interview inform Case beforehand... but some people are not so courteous.

Hi Dr. Chuck, I have already uploaded the maximum number of letters on my ADEA portal but would like to send an additional letter to Case. How would I go about doing this?
thx

Got an interview invite today! Which means they're still coming! :)

Got an interview! So excited!! I've been looking forward to this interview for a while!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey Dr. Chuck,

Is there anyway I can schedule an advising appointment over the phone? I just want to know my weaknesses and see what I can do to make my application stronger next year. I know I technically didn't recieve a rejection letter yet, but I feel like it might be coming soon. I just want to start planning for the future.

Hey Dr. Chuck,

Is there anyway I can schedule an advising appointment over the phone? I just want to know my weaknesses and see what I can do to make my application stronger next year. I know I technically didn't recieve a rejection letter yet, but I feel like it might be coming soon. I just want to start planning for the future.

Instructions are on the website. http://dental.case.edu/dmd/visitus .

You should make sure you have viewed all of our recruitment presentations, as noted in post #1 of this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...university-school-of-dental-medicine.1011447/

@casedentalmed
Dear Dr. Chuck,

I interviewed at School of Dental Medicine in the second week of January and I would like to ask when the next round of offer will be given out.
Thank you.

@casedentalmed
Dear Dr. Chuck,

I interviewed at School of Dental Medicine in the second week of January and I would like to ask when the next round of offer will be given out.
Thank you.
An estimated timeline was disclosed if I talked to you after lunch.

An estimated timeline was disclosed if I talked to you after lunch.
Dear Dr. Chuck,

I remember you told me that it will be anytime after February 1st. So I was hoping if you could give me an estimated date or so.
Thank you.

@casedentalmed
Dear Dr. Chuck,
I submitted AADSAS early September and have been put as "application complete" for several months now. I have called/emailed a few times expressing my continued interest. Are there still interview spots open? Given my high GPA, I was disappointed to not hear back thus far.
Thank you for your time!

Dear Dr. Chuck,

I am in the same boat as DDSlyfe. I submitted my application back in September with a strong GPA and decent DAT score. I also emailed Dianne Wagner a few times already, but it seems like it's taking a little too long. I am a Canadian resident and was wondering if that's the reason for such a delay. Please check my status to see if I am able to be offered an interview.

Lo Kwok Heng

When we do onsite campus visits, we let people know what we consider are desirable applicants so if it does not happen to you this time, it should be good advice for future applicants to be sure to be aware of how to prepare for the application process.

When we do onsite campus visits, we let people know what we consider are desirable applicants so if it does not happen to you this time, it should be good advice for future applicants to be sure to be aware of how to prepare for the application process.
Dr. Chuck:

Will Case Western be having any more interviews this month? If so, when should students expect to be contacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.