*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Why do you say that?
I received the invite bc my stats were below their standards. So it doesn’t mean that their class is necessarily full. I declined bc I was accepted elsewhere

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they do their deferred interviews after the completion of 2024 interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! I received an interview invite yesterday however i know that they don’t accept community college credits. I took one class which was physics at a CC, does this mean that they’re just gunna deny me after my interview? I have my masters in biomedical sciences and I read somewhere in the thread that they accept classes from CC only for those who have their masters.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hey all! I received an interview invite yesterday however i know that they don’t accept community college credits. I took one class which was physics at a CC, does this mean that they’re just gunna deny me after my interview? I have my masters in biomedical sciences and I read somewhere in the thread that they accept classes from CC only for those who have their masters.

they won't deny you. You'll just have to take the course before you matriculate. Speak with the admissions office about this during your interview. They will accept CC if you have a masters. I'm not sure what the case is for you since its a Physics course and not a Biology course

I also took Physics at a CC and was accepted. However, I have to retake it at a 4-year in order to matriculate. Since I did not complete a master's, that waiver didn't apply to me but they did mention it during the interview. I highly suggest emailing John Bresnahan ([email protected]) since he handles the prerequisite checklist (and he's actually pretty responsive to emails). Good luck

Reactions: 2 users
I received a deferred interview yesterday. Can someone please tell me how it works, Do I hear back soon and how should I prepare for the interview?

I had my interview 02/06 and didn’t hear back ... any idea when i should hear back from them ??

I had my interview 02/06 and didn’t hear back ... any idea when i should hear back from them ??

I interviewed on Monday (2/10) and they said the admissions committee is running a little behind and wasn’t meeting until the end of the week so we’ll hear by the end of the month.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 2/6 and the email that Dr. Holloway sent stated that the students interviewed on 2/4 and 2/6 are going to hear back by 2/16. However, this may or may not be true as it is a three day weekend and Tufts is closed.

Just got my acceptance email!! I interviewed on 2/10

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a deferred interview yesterday. Can someone please tell me how it works, Do I hear back soon and how should I prepare for the interview?

So if all goes well, then you will be accepted into the D25 class. Usually if this is the case, they require you to do a masters program in the meantime with a minimum gpa requirement. Don’t quote me but I’m pretty sure this is how it works.

Prepare for the interview as you would if you were trying to gain admission this cycle. The interviewer will not see your academics during the interview.

So if all goes well, then you will be accepted into the D25 class. Usually if this is the case, they require you to do a masters program in the meantime with a minimum gpa requirement. Don’t quote me but I’m pretty sure this is how it works.

Prepare for the interview as you would if you were trying to gain admission this cycle. The interviewer will not see your academics during the interview.
Thank you for the information! So they won't see my academics meaning it will be a closed file interview?

Thank you for the information! So they won't see my academics meaning it will be a closed file interview?
Semi-open they will see your PS, volunteering, working, shadowing experience, etc. Good luck, you got this.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Got the welcome/acceptance email this morning! Interviewed on 2/6 :)

Reactions: 1 users
Are they done sending interview invites?

anyone else who interviewed in Feb. not heard back yet?

I’m interviewing this week can anyone let me know how the interview process went and what are some questions asked?

I’m interviewing this week can anyone let me know how the interview process went and what are some questions asked?
my interview was super chill with a faculty and a D4. they really just want to get to know u as a person so they'll ask about hobbies, and where u see urself in 10 years, and things like that! also discuss a few things about things u did at school

Hello Everyone, at Tufts do we get unlimited tooth to practice on? or do we have to pay for extra teeth during sim lab?

Hi guys, I may be a little late but I did get an interview invite for the 2025 deferred admssion~ Saying that can someone who's been in my shoe how the interview went or how the process works out? I realize they give a pretty short window to prepare so I want to see how I can best prepare for this one. Also, it looks like the interview seems semi-closed file, meaning they only see your application without your gpa and coursework???

My Status changed from invited for interview to under review. (After my interview)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How many teeth do we get initially?
Not exactly sure, but it’s not that many. This is what I’ve been told by my friends currently at tufts. They make you pay for anything extra.

Hi guys, I may be a little late but I did get an interview invite for the 2025 deferred admssion~ Saying that can someone who's been in my shoe how the interview went or how the process works out? I realize they give a pretty short window to prepare so I want to see how I can best prepare for this one. Also, it looks like the interview seems semi-closed file, meaning they only see your application without your gpa and coursework???
Hey I’ve been through this process! I got a deferred acceptance to class of 2024 last year. Feel free to message me!

Hey! I’ve been through this process in the past year since receiving a deferred acceptance for class of 2024. Feel free to reach out!

Hello,

I got interviewed this month and my status went from invited for interview to deferred enrollment. What does this mean?

Hello,

I got interviewed this month and my status went from invited for interview to deferred enrollment. What does this mean?
Was your interview for class of 2024 or was it an interview for deferred admission?
In that case, you might want to follow up with them why this was. Normally they will let you know why they deferred you.

Was your interview for class of 2024 or was it an interview for deferred admission?
In that case, you might want to follow up with them why this was. Normally they will let you know why they deferred you.
for deferred admissions

Applied in November and I still havent heard anything yet? Any chances?