****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me if the interview was really hard or anything? I'm not looking for anyone to divulge any questions or anything but I want to mentally prepare myself if it's really hard so I can do the best I can! Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I haven't interviewed there yet, but several people have told me that they were grilled on their application.

Most likely depends on who your interviewer is though. I'd prepare myself for the worst, just in case

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone tell me if the interview was really hard or anything? I'm not looking for anyone to divulge any questions or anything but I want to mentally prepare myself if it's really hard so I can do the best I can! Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you

It'll be the easiest interview you'll have. Very laid back and casual!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't interviewed there yet, but several people have told me that they were grilled on their application.

Most likely depends on who your interviewer is though. I'd prepare myself for the worst, just in case

During my cycle, every single one of my classmates had a very casual interview. However, we have a new dean of admissions this year (who's VERY strict) so this may be a factor along with who the interviewer is?

During my cycle, every single one of my classmates had a very casual interview. However, we have a new dean of admissions this year (who's VERY strict) so this may be a factor along with who the interviewer is?
Dang, lucky.

Hope I get a casual interview!

Had a super casual interview and was accepted Dec 1st. Just relax and as everyone says, read over what you've submitted to the dental schools. They interviewers don't ask weird questions, and i think it's a blind interview meaning that they don't know your stats so no bias.

Dang, lucky.

Hope I get a casual interview!

There are some professors that I can definitely see as the hard interviewer type...but there's not that many of them. You'll get either a staff member, a staff member and a 4th year (most common), or just a 4th year (rare). You automatically have a 65-70% chance of getting in because Tufts is different in the sense that they give out very few interview invites; so if you get an interview invite, you've already passed the hard part whereas other dental schools interview 3x as many applicants so you still may not have a good chance of getting in. This year, we've actually interviewed a lot less applicant than previous years. So be yourself in the interview, know your application inside and out, and you'll have a VERY good chance of getting in! Even if you're waitlisted, the list moves extremely quickly.

Reactions: 2 users
There are some professors that I can definitely see as the hard interviewer type...but there's not that many of them. You'll get either a staff member, a staff member and a 4th year (most common), or just a 4th year (rare). You automatically have a 65-70% chance of getting in because Tufts is different in the sense that they give out very few interview invites; so if you get an interview invite, you've already passed the hard part whereas other dental schools interview 3x as many applicants so you still may not have a good chance of getting in. This year, we've actually interviewed a lot less applicant than previous years. So be yourself in the interview, know your application inside and out, and you'll have a VERY good chance of getting in! Even if you're waitlisted, the list moves extremely quickly.

Do you know if the class is full already?

It is a conversational interview and is open file. You will speak with a 4th year and a professor/admissions representative. Know your application and be prepared to elaborate on elements of your application. Topics of conversation could be research you've completed in the past, shadowing experiences, professional experiences, why you want to be a dentist, and much much more. This was the ONLY interview I completed that did not ask some sort of ethical dilemma/question, but that may not mean they won't ask you one. They will also give you the opportunity to ask questions, so I recommend having some in mind beforehand. I am a v conversational person and am very open so interviews like this come more naturally to me. Tufts is very into applicants that have strong stats but also one's that demonstrate personality. I found that compared to other interviews I've done over this cycle Tufts was very low-key/pressure, casual, and fun.

Reactions: 1 users
This was super helpful.

Thanks for the info!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody spoken to Dr. Kasberg over the phone before Making Interview?

hey everyone is it too late to interview during early feb? will it be for waitlist position
anyone happen to know how much of class if filled? any hear anything from recent interview?

hey everyone is it too late to interview during early feb? will it be for waitlist position
anyone happen to know how much of class if filled? any hear anything from recent interview?

All of your questions were answered by some people in the previous comments :)

For people who have already interviewed, they ask us to fill and print out the supplemental application for the interview. Did they provide any printed blank copies that I could fill out on the day of? My printer had no ink at home :(

For people who have already interviewed, they ask us to fill and print out the supplemental application for the interview. Did they provide any printed blank copies that I could fill out on the day of? My printer had no ink at home :(

I'd go to Office Depot or somewhere to have it printed. It may not be a big deal but I wouldn't risk looking unprepared on the big day. If you are staying at a hotel they could print it for you I'm sure. Good luck.

Has anybody spoken to Dr. Kasberg over the phone before Making Interview?
I don't think it is a bad thing otherwise they wouldn't have contacted you. They probably just want some clarification or something. Good luck!!

All of your questions were answered by some people in the previous comments :)

It really depends, usually before mid February they haven't filled the class yet. You still will have a chance with an early feb interview and even if you end up on the waitlist, you will def get some movement and can still even get an acceptance once ppl start accepting other offers at other schools.

It really depends, usually before mid February they haven't filled the class yet. You still will have a chance with an early feb interview and even if you end up on the waitlist, you will def get some movement and can still even get an acceptance once ppl start accepting other offers at other schools.

So a Feb 6 date would be a-okay??

Sorry about my desperate paranoia!

So a Feb 6 date would be a-okay??

Sorry about my desperate paranoia!

In all honesty it depends on this cycle. In the past, if you had a decent interview and interviewed before mid feb you still had like a 70% chance of acceptance. Any interview after was usually waitlisted or deferred acceptance...but then you have a good chance of getting off waitlist at some point down the line.

Stay hopeful and do well in the interview :)

Reactions: 2 users
FB group seems to be active! I'm nervous about trying to find a roommate though. How are people going about it?

FB group seems to be active! I'm nervous about trying to find a roommate though. How are people going about it?
there's an excel sheet with people listed who need a roommate with preferences on distance and price etc. People just facebook each other asking if they're interested in becoming roommates.

Interview invite!! 2/9

Reactions: 8 users
Interview invite for February 9th as well!!! So pumped for this!

EDIT:
Looks like I'll be interviewing February 7th, just called and they mentioned I could attend that day! :clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
there's an excel sheet with people listed who need a roommate with preferences on distance and price etc. People just facebook each other asking if they're interested in becoming roommates.
I knowww, but how would i know who would be a good fit for me. That's the nerve racking part!

I read about the correlation between the "under review" status and receiving an invite afterwards the status change to that. I've been on "received/app complete" since end of July and never had that status change and emailed them inquiring what the status of my app was and they told me it was under review. Did people get invites without a status change to "under review"?

I read about the correlation between the "under review" status and receiving an invite afterwards the status change to that. I've been on "received/app complete" since end of July and never had that status change and emailed them inquiring what the status of my app was and they told me it was under review. Did people get invites without a status change to "under review"?
Yep I did. Mine still says app received/complete

Tomorrow through email!

Anyone know what time?

Last edited:
any luck? its already 4pm! haha

how were you all notified? and anyone accepted that was on the waitlist?

Interviewed 1/30, accepted today via email at 4:12pm! So excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.