****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 23rd and haven't heard anything at all. Not sure how to take that

Anyone here accepted from An Interview for a seat by Deferred Admissions?

Can anyone tell me if the interview was really hard or anything? I'm not looking for anyone to divulge any questions or anything but I want to mentally prepare myself if it's really hard so I can do the best I can! Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My interview was super chill. So chill in fact, that I thought I bombed it.

Result: Accepted Dec. 1st.

Moral of the story. Be yourself and the chips will fall as they should.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if this school is still giving out invites for interview?

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else concerned about cost of attendance? I'm weighing the difference between my state school and Tufts which would be around a $150K difference..

When does Tufts stop interviewing?

Is anyone else concerned about cost of attendance? I'm weighing the difference between my state school and Tufts which would be around a $150K difference..
IMO If you are planning to stay in your state or other states nearby, go to state school. If you think you might move to a different state far away from your home state, go to Tufts.

I'm having the same issue. I'm deciding between a school where I can receive instate tuition after the first year

I'm having the same issue. I'm deciding between a school where I can receive instate tuition after the first year
Can I ask what these schools were ? I just personally can't imagine not taking the other route unless you have some negative insider info. 150k is a crazy amount for the poster above

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask what these schools were ? I just personally can't imagine not taking the other route unless you have some negative insider info. 150k is a crazy amount for the poster above

I'm deciding between Colorado and Tufts. Colorado will end up around 230K and Tufts will be around 450K. So actually like 200k more

I'm deciding between Colorado and Tufts. Colorado will end up around 230K and Tufts will be around 450K. So actually like 200k more
Holy Colorado Batman.

Unless you've got someone else fronting the bill, go for the half cost place.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Buffalo (~100k cheaper + interest) and UCSF (~75k cheaper + interest)

Do any current Tufts students know how many seats are available for the Class of 2021?

I interviewed there recently, but Dr. Kasberg wouldn't tell us the exact number but told us "not to worry about it."

FYI, I was told that the Admissions Committee will meet at the "end of February."

Reactions: 2 users
are they still extending interviews? *le sigh*

Reactions: 4 users
Do any current Tufts students know how many seats are available for the Class of 2021?

I interviewed there recently, but Dr. Kasberg wouldn't tell us the exact number but told us "not to worry about it."

FYI, I was told that the Admissions Committee will meet at the "end of February."
If you got an interview you're already in a great position.

I interviewed pre december and was wait listed on the 1st. Should I start preparing to reapply

According to my friend who had interviewed on Jan 30th, it was about ~60-70 spots left, but he was not even sure of what they said and they were vague in answering too.
Also, I'm interviewing next week and was wondering if you have feedback from your recent interview?

I received an invitation Monday for an interview on 2/14. Super excited!

Reactions: 3 users
According to my friend who had interviewed on Jan 30th, it was about ~60-70 spots left, but he was not even sure of what they said and they were vague in answering too.
Also, I'm interviewing next week and was wondering if you have feedback from your recent interview?
My interview was very conversational and low stress.

Before the interview, Dr. Kasberg will tell you guys that the interview is semi-closed file: your interviewer will not know your GPA or DAT scores, but will have access to your personal statement, description of ECs, etc. (I don't think your interviewer is allowed to ask about your academic qualifications - mine still asked for my DAT score.)

In the interview, I was asked the standard Why Dentistry and Why Our School questions. Other than that, the questions I received were about my extracurriculars, etc.

Some people were grilled on their app, so I would still prepare for the worst!

Has anyone ever been put on hold for grades after an interview?

I called today and they said they are sending out interview invites until approximately the end of the month

Accepted on 2/3. Love everything about the school besides the cost of tuition and COL. Going to be a difficult decision

I haven't heard anything from Tufts since August until recent. AADSAS status is now "Received/Under review" as of 2/7.

I still havent heard back from Tufts. I sent them updates to my application but I still havent heard. Does anyone have any recommendations

Were you accepted off the waitlist?

No, from my understanding the admissions committee meets every 2 weeks or so and my interview happened to be right in the beginning of that window.

same here, but i havent heard from them since i interviewed and was wait listed

anyone know if it is okay to email them and ask like that I did wrong or what I can improve on? or what I messed up on during my interview?

I interviewed this week and can vouch for what sml16 said. Dr. Kasberg told us roughly 60 spots left in the class, however, there are acceptance offers currently floating around so this number will fluctuate by the time the next round of offers is sent out at the end of February. When you simply put aside the total cost of attendance (tuition, cost of living, books, other fees) Tufts is truly an amazing school. Best of luck to those interviewing soon or waiting to hear back! Keep fighting y'all

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I think me going to Tufts Dental is finally starting to really sink in my brain lol. Hasn't seemed real these past few months

Awesome school & city, but I just declined my acceptance! Good luck to everyone and I'm sure this open spot will go to someone very deserving!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know when is the last day of interview for this school?
I agree with PremedNoob. However, my friends that are D20s told me that last year's interviews ended very beginning of March.

I interviewed this week and can vouch for what sml16 said. Dr. Kasberg told us roughly 60 spots left in the class, however, there are acceptance offers currently floating around so this number will fluctuate by the time the next round of offers is sent out at the end of February. When you simply put aside the total cost of attendance (tuition, cost of living, books, other fees) Tufts is truly an amazing school. Best of luck to those interviewing soon or waiting to hear back! Keep fighting y'all
How was your interview experience? My interview at another Dental school was rather strict and difficult, so I'm hoping Tufts is more friendly as others have been saying.

How was your interview experience? My interview at another Dental school was rather strict and difficult, so I'm hoping Tufts is more friendly as others have been saying.
It's super chill. Granted mine was only with a D4

I had a very unique but positive experience. PM me!

Giving up my seat here to go to my in-state school. Good luck everyone :happy:

Reactions: 7 users
I'm curious why they're going to wait until the end of February when up until now they've been meeting every 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.