****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted! Email at 12:1pm EST! :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!!!!! I'm gonna be a fricken dentist!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
I DID ITTTT
I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD POST THIS

ACCEPTED :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED OMG I ALMOST SCREAMED AT MY OFFICE

Reactions: 3 users
Is there a Facebook group page for the Class of 2021? Might be too soon though :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows when the school will start to send out new interview invites?

Anyone knows when the school will start to send out new interview invites?

Probably very soon, they have interviews in December as well and I don't think they have filled those. Good luck!

How's it going future Jumbos?!

Does anyone know how the waitlist works for Tufts? I'm just wondering if you are placed in a ranked waitlist and then continuously compared to new applicants and can be offered a seat at any time in the cycle or are there only specific times in the cycle that people move off of the waitlist?

Does anyone know how the waitlist works for Tufts? I'm just wondering if you are placed in a ranked waitlist and then continuously compared to new applicants and can be offered a seat at any time in the cycle or are there only specific times in the cycle that people move off of the waitlist?

I'm not sure to be honest and nobody seems to have a definitive answer. When did you interview and are you applying straight from undergrad or did you do a masters program?

There is a deferred acceptance list that they pick from if those initially accepted don't not take the offer. Then those who are on the 'waitlist' are then placed on the deferred acceptance list after that. The deferred acceptance list are those who will be guaranteed acceptance the next year..in this case class of 2022.

Waitlist --> deferred acceptance (for class of 2022) --> acceptance for class 2021

What would you say the chances of someone who has a December 1st waitlist gains acceptance? From previous threads, I've noticed people posting waitlist more often around February/ March.

I'm not sure to be honest and nobody seems to have a definitive answer. When did you interview and are you applying straight from undergrad or did you do a masters program?

I interviewed pre-December and I am applying with a masters.

So I've been looking around craigslist and it seems like a 1 BR is around $1100. Does anyone know how accurate this is?

So I've been looking around craigslist and it seems like a 1 BR is around $1100. Does anyone know how accurate this is?
Sounds about right. I'm married and have a kid so we're getting 2BR and its double that.

Boston is incredibly expensive. But awesome

There is no way in hell you're getting a one bedroom for $1100 in Boston. A one bedroom anywhere here will run you ~$1800 minimum. (Everyone either has a bunch of roommates, is super wealthy, or has a tiny tiny studio and is paying ~1500-1600.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how late Tufts holds interviews? Do they interview into the Spring? At one point in the year would they stop sending interview invites? In other words, when should I start thinking that I'm not going to get an interview lol

Reactions: 5 users
If I got an acceptance at Tufts is it a good idea to let the other schools I applied to know? I haven't heard back from my top school and I was hoping that telling them might help them make a quicker decision.

Does anyone know how late Tufts holds interviews? Do they interview into the Spring? At one point in the year would they stop sending interview invites? In other words, when should I start thinking that I'm not going to get an interview lol

I believe their last round of interviews occurs during the first week of March. They send out a lot of invites in January so don't feel like this is the end! There's still plenty of time!

Could I get more numbers on living costs and distance from school for those estimated?

Has anyone waiting for an interview sent a letter of intent?

Has anyone waiting for an interview sent a letter of intent?
I think it's strange to send a letter of intent to a school that hasn't sent an interview invite, but maybe that's just me.

I think it's all right to send a letter of interest though

Anyone's status go to under review recently?

Anyone's status go to under review recently?
Good question! I noticed last year that they send invites and decisions every 15 days. So hopefully the 15th of Dec we will hear something and some people should go under review before that ...

Have any rejections already been sent out?

Does anyone have a general estimate on chances of acceptance for a post dec interview?

Does anyone have a general estimate on chances of acceptance for a post dec interview?
They explicitly stated on interview day that every person who interviews has a 70-80% chance of acceptance with an interview, regardless of the date. So chances are great. :)

Just got an interview but I will be not be taking because I was accepted to CASE. I hope it helps someone else!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview but I will be not be taking because I was accepted to CASE. I hope it helps someone else!
Congratulations. Tell them to send your invite my way. HAHAHA

Reactions: 2 users
Receieved invite today for Jan 5/6th and just changed to under review earlier today on aadsas also.

Cali resident, applied July 26th.

3.5/ 3.6 sGPA. 23 DAT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Receieved invite today for Jan 5/6th and just changed to under review earlier today on aadsas also.

Cali resdient, applied July 26th.

3.5/ 3.6 sGPA. 23 DAT.
Congrats man!

My status just changed from application complete to under review yesterday! Did anyone have their status change and NOT receive an interview invite?!

Status
Not open for further replies.