****The Official U of Mississippi Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Does anyone know if MS accepts everyone at once or something? And has anyone heard back yet?

They do a rolling admissions. Usually you apply June 1st to Nov.1, and they interview a half dozen groups of about 12-20ish per group. These groups start interviewing before the nov 1 deadline, but can run into February...this year they are a little behind, so don't worry so much yet. Basically, they start offering spots to the candidates they want the most, and as those people decide, the school goes in decreasing order of who they want until all 35ish spots are filled.

That being said, I've heard a story from when I was a D1 of someone calling on April 1st (notification deadline saying "WTF, I was supposed to hear something by now" and the school saying "oh ya, you were accepted"...so basically, be patient, and if you don't get in, call the dean of admissions and ask what you can do to be a better applicant for the next year. They look for dedication and about 1/2 of my class had applied at least 2x before being accepted, with a couple people requiring 3+ times. Hope that helps!