****The Official UAB Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Thanks :) I honestly didn't expect it. I'm in state thankfully.

Members don't see this ad.

About how many interviews does UAB give out? Any information on how the interview at UAB is conducted?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! i'm a little late to the party i guess.....jkb278 and 12138, i think i interviewed on the same day as you! i got the call from Dr. Filler on Dec 2nd as well. Have you guys decided which school you're going to yet?

Did any of you have research experience?

Did any of you have research experience?
I do, although my impression has been that it's not so important.....experience in a clinical setting is way more valuable.

Does anyone know if they have filled all their seats yet?

I would also like to know the answer to this question.
How many do they usually interview?

I would also like to know the answer to this question.
How many do they usually interview?
I don't know the actual answer to these questions, but I doubt that they have filled every seat. I know that changes can take place all the way up to the first of July because sometimes people accept the offer to more than one school and end up going somewhere else. I know at the other school that I interviewed, I actually met a student who didn't get his offer until the end of June. Best guess is the class is just over half full, and they are in the middle of another round of interviews. As to the number of total interviewed, I think that I recall hearing from Dr. Filler or reading online that it is around 200. Actually, that might have been on their website, I don't remember.

Has anyone heard anything about when they will be doing their next round of acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
What time did you hear from them?

Well he called yesterday like 6 times but I was at work. Today it was like 9:30.

Does anyone know if the seats have been filled yet?

Just got accepted on Tuesday! Excited to meet everyone!!

Im wondering what everybody's stats are (EC hours/grades/DAT). Im applying this year. I have a very low GPA (2.98) yeah I know :( but Im planning on having amazing DAT scores. (I know everyone is but Im about to study for 3months straight without doing anything else).
I guess my question is, is there a chance I can get in?

Also, does anyone know if they check your ECs. Im worried because some of the things were done quite a while ago so people who would know me are not working there anymore. Also, I tried to contact an organization I volunteered for recently and got ABSOLUTELY no response from anyone.:nailbiting: Im scared the ADCOMS will have the same experience and think Im lying.

I love my class! Go UABSOD 2018!!!! You are the BEST!!!!!