****The Official UAB Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

baller23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received a supplemental from UAB?

Still waiting on the supplemental as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied! OOS (Georgia). Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
What are you supposed to write for the last question on the supplemental? Is that referring to something particular as in an actual notable accomplishment you have made that you didn't put on your AADSAS app or just anything you want to tell them that you couldn't put in your PS or on your AADSAS app in general. I feel like everyone just writes the typical info and reiterates how they are extremely excited to apply to UAB/believe their personality and their strengths fit in/mesh well with what the school stands for and offers, etc.

What are you supposed to write for the last question on the supplemental? Is that referring to something particular as in an actual notable accomplishment you have made that you didn't put on your AADSAS app or just anything you want to tell them that you couldn't put in your PS or on your AADSAS app in general. I feel like everyone just writes the typical info and reiterates how they are extremely excited to apply to UAB/believe their personality and their strengths fit in/mesh well with what the school stands for and offers, etc.
I thought it meant something along the lines of anything during your undergrad career that happened. And maybe translated to under performance in school. It all depends on how you interpret it.

I received my "application received and under review" email today. About how long was it for everyone once they got this email before they got the request for a supplemental? :)

I'm out of state in Tennessee.

I received my "application received and under review" email today. About how long was it for everyone once they got this email before they got the request for a supplemental? :)

I'm out of state in Tennessee.

I was on vacation over the holiday weekend, but mine came in while I was gone. My "under review" notification was dated 25 June. I'm OOS as well.

Ya I got mine few days ago too. OOS in TN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard back after sending in their supplemental? Past threads seem to indicate that people found out about interviews soon after sending their supplemental back. Here's hoping to getting some positive news!

Anyone heard back after sending in their supplemental? Past threads seem to indicate that people found out about interviews soon after sending their supplemental back. Here's hoping to getting some positive news!
Ya I got an email receipt of my supplemental (and $75.00 fee) receipt half an hour ago. Now just waiting for interview invite...

Does anyone know if all Alabama residents automatically get the supplemental?
Also, I read somewhere that you're supposed to sent letters of recommendation directly to UAB and not just AADSAS, but I feel like that's wrong. What did y'all do?

Does anyone know if all Alabama residents automatically get the supplemental?
Also, I read somewhere that you're supposed to sent letters of recommendation directly to UAB and not just AADSAS, but I feel like that's wrong. What did y'all do?

Yeah I got the confirmation, but I meant interview invite, sorry for not clarifying! Also I hope not about the LOR because I haven't done that :(

Yeah I got the confirmation, but I meant interview invite, sorry for not clarifying! Also I hope not about the LOR because I haven't done that :(
Oh haha my question wasn't based on what you posted. Just something that I was unsure about after reading UAB's website. I think it said something like "all Alabama residents and awesome out of state people will complete the supplemental..." and I didn't know if they just automatically send it to you if they see you live in state but I guess it sounds like they do...idk

Oh haha my question wasn't based on what you posted. Just something that I was unsure about after reading UAB's website. I think it said something like "all Alabama residents and awesome out of state people will complete the supplemental..." and I didn't know if they just automatically send it to you if they see you live in state but I guess it sounds like they do...idk

So if you are OOS and get the supplemental it is a good sign? It would be nice if that is the case.

Do you guys think interview invites will be given this week?

Got an interview! OOS
For reference here's stats:
oGPA 3.36 BCP GPA 3.80
DAT AA 21 TS 21 PAT 20

For the supplemental, do you guys think a black/white identification photo would be alright or should it be color? My color printer isn't working and I can't find anywhere to print in color

Got an interview! OOS
oGPA 3.36 BCP GPA 3.80
DAT AA 21 TS 21 PAT 20

How long after you sent back the supplemental did you get the interview? Also congrats!!!!!

Wait I just determined that based on your posts haha.

For the supplemental, do you guys think a black/white identification photo would be alright or should it be color? My color printer isn't working and I can't find anywhere to print in color
I would definitely go with color. You can print from walgreens (I had to do wallet size which were 2' x 3' and cut) for a couple bucks.

Thanks, ya I really thought I might get a rejection from them. Call was at 12:30.
I have been waiting for a call! UAB is my number one choice. I am in state. Are all your recommendation letters in?

I have been waiting for a call! UAB is my number one choice. I am in state. Are all your recommendation letters in?
Yup! My entire application has been done for about 3 weeks now, just been playin the waiting game. You might wanna keep Wednesdays open with work or whatever, my interview is Aug 5th (which was earliest date) and they said all interviews will be on Wednesdays.

Yup! My entire application has been done for about 3 weeks now, just been playin the waiting game. You might wanna keep Wednesdays open with work or whatever, my interview is Aug 5th (which was earliest date) and they said all interviews will be on Wednesdays.
Thanks for the information. Do you think thats maybe why I haven't gotten a call? My committee letter isn't in yet. Everything has been complete. I got an email this morning from them saying they received my supplemental.

Thanks for the information. Do you think thats maybe why I haven't gotten a call? My committee letter isn't in yet. Everything has been complete. I got an email this morning from them saying they received my supplemental.
Ah I see, ya I mean it's hard to say for sure not knowing your stats or anything, but ya I guess I've never thought about it but I certainly wouldn't think any school would give an interview without all LORs being in. Maybe someone's heard otherwise, but that's my guess. Remember though you have a leg up being in state!

Ah I see, ya I mean it's hard to say for sure not knowing your stats or anything, but ya I guess I've never thought about it but I certainly wouldn't think any school would give an interview without all LORs being in. Maybe someone's heard otherwise, but that's my guess. Remember though you have a leg up being in state!
My stats are:
oGPA- 3.71
sGPA-3.5

AA-22
TS-23
PAT-20

Got an interview! OOS
oGPA 3.36 BCP GPA 3.80
DAT AA 21 TS 21 PAT 20

Congratulations!! Do you know if you're first batch? I'm second batch and a little nervous now.

Congratulations!! Do you know if you're first batch? I'm second batch and a little nervous now.
See I don't really know, cuz of the mailing glitch thing with AADSAS the past couple weeks, but I can tell you my "dental school designations" tab has status of "mailed" for BOTH 7/02/15 and 7/10/15 for each school.

My stats are:
oGPA- 3.71
sGPA-3.5

AA-22
TS-23
PAT-20
Beast! Ya I mean we all know dental admissions is less quantifiable/predictable than any other medical/submedical derivative program, so there's really never a guarantee for anyone. But with those stats on top of being in state, unless they see something that rubs em the wrong way on your app I can't imagine it being anything other than not having that committee letter in.

See I don't really know, cuz of the mailing glitch thing with AADSAS the past couple weeks, but I can tell you my "dental school designations" tab has status of "mailed" for BOTH 7/02/15 and 7/10/15 for each school.

Oh my. I didn't know there was a glitch going on, but it looks like ours went out at the same time of 7/02. I'm not very confident UAB will accept me - Id be shocked - but I am hopeful and super excited for you!

Oh my. I didn't know there was a glitch going on, but it looks like ours went out at the same time of 7/02. I'm not very confident UAB will accept me - Id be shocked - but I am hopeful and super excited for you!
Thanks a lot! You gotta be confident in this process, regardless of whether or not you get into UAB. It's good to be realistic, but make sure not to sell yourself short. You got this.

Beast! Ya I mean we all know dental admissions is less quantifiable/predictable than any other medical/submedical derivative program, so there's really never a guarantee for anyone. But with those stats on top of being in state, unless they see something that rubs em the wrong way on your app I can't imagine it being anything other than not having that committee letter in.
Thanks! Yeah you are right. I will see what the next couple of days have in store more me.

This waiting game is so stressful. I think on paper my stats look good, but you never know if it is what they want especially since I am OOS. Also there was an issue with my check where I absentmindedly forgot to put the recipient (d'oh!) so I sent them a new one on Fri. Hopefully they get it today and then I get a decision tomorrow.

Haven't even received a supplemental! Just an application received e-mail on June 30th

Okay, got the confirmation of the fee. Now to wait to see if they call me in a couple hours... Also was there any update in AADSAS or just the phone call?

Okay, got the confirmation of the fee. Now to wait to see if they call me in a couple hours... Also was there any update in AADSAS or just the phone call?
Just the phone call for me. My UAB status is still "Received/Under Review" and has been since 6/30/15. So ya I would keep that phone on ya.

I hope my days events go as yours did. I found out the confirmation at 10 so hopefully around 12/1 I get the call haha.

I hope my days events go as yours did. I found out the confirmation at 10 so hopefully around 12/1 I get the call haha.
Good grief I just saw your stats, ya I can't imagine you not getting a call. I swear it seems like everywhere I look on here I see a DAT that blows my 21 away. I have absolutely no clue how people like you manage to pull a 24 AA. Really humbling getting an interview. But ya I'd definitely keep that phone on your side if I were you.

Haven't heard anything yet so I'm getting worried.... Maybe I'm getting paranoid.

Haven't heard anything yet so I'm getting worried.... Maybe I'm getting paranoid.
If you have a 24AA you are definitely just being paranoid haha. If it makes you feel better, I'm still waiting for my GPA to be verified so I haven't even done the supplemental yet. It's still super early!!

Got the call at 4 pm y'all! Interview set for August 5th!

Honestly, I didn't ask because I was okay with that timeline, but I am going to email to find out more info!