The Official UC Med Schools Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSBMed1

SoCal Hater
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I decided to make this thread for those of us who are either still waiting post-interview, or on alternate lists. Some of us (including myself) are waiting for more than one UC, so I thought it would be cool to make a thread for all of us.

The UC's are notoriously the slowest schools, so having a support system and a place to rant definitely helps me feel better.

So, besides UCSD, are there any other schools that have started taking people of their waitlists?

I just spent 5 hours filling out UCLA's financial aid forms (RIDICULOUS) and I'm hoping it was all for nothing!

Good luck to all of you waiting for a Cali school, and may we all get into our top choices.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey UCSB - let me know when you hear from Davis. I hope to see you there in the fall (unless you get into UCSF which would be awesome). Good luck to you and the rest.

Hey thanks, dynx. I REALLY hope I get into one or the other.

Terri Hall said those on the hold list have about a 50% chance of an outright acceptance, so I'm keeping my fingers croseed.

Members don't see this ad :)
some people have gotten off of UCLA's waitlist too.

how about those who want to know if they're on the waitlist? ;)

yeah, no kidding, even tho I guess I'm officially on UCLA's waitlist as of today.

Two of my friends, (they are a couple), got into UCLA today (Drew program. I am so happy for them, but can't help but feel slighted. Not only did Drew ignore my app for some time, they had the nerve to put me on hold for interview...after all my friends interviewed there. I know I should just be grateful I got into a UC, but it hurts watching others get into UCLA and having no such luck myself. I've been starting to wonder if something was wrong with my application or something. :(

Originally posted by cbpremed
Two of my friends, (they are a couple), got into UCLA today (Drew program. I am so happy for them, but can't help but feel slighted. Not only did Drew ignore my app for some time, they had the nerve to put me on hold for interview...after all my friends interviewed there. I know I should just be grateful I got into a UC, but it hurts watching others get into UCLA and having no such luck myself. I've been starting to wonder if something was wrong with my application or something. :(
cbpremed,

OMG! Do you know if they just received their acceptance letters today? A bunch of us have had no word from Drew since Feb/March. The wait for Drew has been esp. agonizing since they don't really answer their phones and reply to email only w/ "Please wait for the mailing". If you could get some details from your friends, we'd be so grateful for any bit of info. Sorry you didn't have much luck w/ Drew, but I'm sure you don't envy this kind of wait.

they found out today, but I also have friends still waiting, one of which has to move to another state next week to go to a summer program at another med school because Drew won't tell her if she's in or not. So don't feel bad...they are giving everyone the run around. Hope this helps.

cbpremed, thanks! If the mass mailing went out this week, then maybe your other friends (esp. the one moving next week!) & some of us will hear soon. I'm an hour away from SF & always get my mail a day later than folks in the city.

Oh My - I was super, super excited when I read this thread. Maybe Drew letters are finally starting to come out. cbpremed - is there any way that you could find out the day that they interviewed? Any info would be sooooooooo greatly appreciated! How cool is it that they got in as a couple! That rocks. : )

Good luck to all those waiting for UC acceptances.........Keep the faith and stay positive!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med1
Hey thanks, dynx. I REALLY hope I get into one or the other.

Terri Hall said those on the hold list have about a 50% chance of an outright acceptance, so I'm keeping my fingers croseed.

I would so hope that this is the case. As of tonight, I am wait-listed at Davis, Irvine, and USC, and holding an acceptance at Ohio State. It's such a hard choice, except for Davis. I'd go there in a heartbeat. My faculty interview went as well as one could ever go, and the guy pretty much invited me to join his lab, but I got a strange vibe from the student. It's still my top choice though. USC was awesome, and in California, but expensive, Irvine was cheap and everyone there that I talked to really loved it there, and Ohio State had the most kick ass hospital I've ever seen, and I keep getting e-mails from them about how much more kick ass it's still becoming.

Does anyone know the best way to contact these three schools? Are phone calls hated? Do e-mails get automatically trashed? Does snail mail get ignored? And is it okay to send it to people outside of Gayle (UCI), Terri (UCD), or Dr. Quinn (USC)? I don't know who to address it to, since I don't know what sort of sway these people actually have. AhhhhH!!! So friggin stressful!!!

---------------------------------------------------
Hit them hard and see how they fall
Never let that team get the ball!

you were put on the waitlist tonight?!

but no. I registered for this site, after being a longtime lurker, tonight. I got the e-mail from Davis on the 16th of May and Irvine on the 29th.

just wondering for those of you who were put on hold before at uci....did you get the email of being put on the alternate list on 5/29...i just got it. did anyone get an acceptance??? a rejection??? i am so frustrated with them!

Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med1
Hi guys!

I just spent 5 hours filling out UCLA's financial aid forms (RIDICULOUS) and I'm hoping it was all for nothing!

Are you filling this out pre-acceptance? I though they were only available after you are accepted? I am also waiting on UCLA WL...If the forms are available on-line, can you tell me where?