***The Official UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone get an email regarding the supplemental fee yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA starts s little later than some other schools. Mine still says nothing on AADSAS my guess is mid July is when they'll start updating some things

Will they be sending out additional questions? That is the vibe I got when I read "Personal History Form - After applying to the program through ADEA AADSAS, applicants will receive instructions to submit a secondary application. Please email the secondary application to [email protected]".

Will they be sending out additional questions? That is the vibe I got when I read "Personal History Form - After applying to the program through ADEA AADSAS, applicants will receive instructions to submit a secondary application. Please email the secondary application to [email protected]".
Probably not. I think their secondary is on AADSAS. Their website might be outdated cause a lot of schools are relying a lot more on AADSAS. It's way easier

Probably not. I think their secondary is on AADSAS. Their website might be outdated cause a lot of schools are relying a lot more on AADSAS. It's way easier
Sweet. Yea, I've submitted their application and everything.

Just got an email asking for supplement fee of $60! No secondary though?

Just got an email asking for supplement fee of $60! No secondary though?
think the secondary is on AADSAS.
hopefully they won't be mad that I paid them before they asked me to lol

think the secondary is on AADSAS.
hopefully they won't be mad that I paid them before they asked me to lol
I did the same thing. I totally missed the part where they told us to not send in the secondary, until they gave us the heads up.

Oh shoot you're right! I forgot I filled out the secondary with the main application

Also received an email regarding the supplemental fee :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does UCLA accept AP Biology credit?

Did all of your AADSAS status change before you received the email? Mine changed to awaiting materials yesterday but I haven't gotten the email yet.

Did all of your AADSAS status change before you received the email? Mine changed to awaiting materials yesterday but I haven't gotten the email yet.

I'm in the same boat. I called UCLA admissions yesterday and asked about the change in the AADSAS status and if anything else was missing from my app. They said that an email will be sent out requesting the secondary fee in the next week.

Last edited:
ugh I haven't received supplemental! how long did it take for you guys to receive one after AADSAS submission?

ugh I haven't received supplemental! how long did it take for you guys to receive one after AADSAS submission?
Submitted 6/16, received supplemental link on 7/14, so roughly a month

i didn't get the email either. but i paid mine a month ago. i think my app status got changed to app complete or maybe review but im not sure

Thank you!! Mine is going to take forever then haha
they also only started sending emails about a week or so ago, so I bet you'll get one sooner than you think!

For future reference, I submitted AADSAS application to UCLA on 7/9 and received an email about paying the supplemental fee today(7/19).

Reactions: 1 users
Hi. I would like to know if I have a chance for UCLA with AA 23 and TS 22? And GPA 3.79.

Last edited:
Hi. I would like to know if I had a chance for UCLA with AA 23 and TS 22? And GPA 3.79.
Yeah I think those grades are average maybe a little higher

Yeah I think those grades are average maybe a little higher
I heard that they need all the scores to be higher than 22. Is that right? These are my scores:
Bio:20
GC: 23
OC: 26
QR:28
RC: 20
PAT:22

Hello! I just received an e-mail to pay the supplemental fee. However, I have already paid this fee when I submitted my application and my AADSAS status is currently set to "Waiting for additional information". Will this status change only after August 31st?

Hello! I just received an e-mail to pay the supplemental fee. However, I have already paid this fee when I submitted my application and my AADSAS status is currently set to "Waiting for additional information". Will this status change only after August 31st?
Yes. It will change only after they start reviewing applications. I emailed Noemi and asked about it.

How important is volunteering and shadowing to get into UCLA?

How important is volunteering and shadowing to get into UCLA?
not really...most important things are your gpa and dat..
I literally heard from UCLA dental school faculty.

Has anyone heard from UCLA yet? I e-submitted 7/8 and have yet to get an email with either a confirmation that they received my application or any info on paying the supplemental fee. Just wondering if this is normal or not.

Has anyone heard from UCLA yet? I e-submitted 7/8 and have yet to get an email with either a confirmation that they received my application or any info on paying the supplemental fee. Just wondering if this is normal or not.
Yeah it took like a month for me to get the email to pay the supplemental

Reactions: 1 users
I got the supplemental fee email on 7/14 and I e-submitted on 6/2

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

submitted few days ago and decision status is still none.
Should I just keep wait or contact UCLA dental school?
How long did it take to chance to received/under review?

Submitted on 7/7, and the status showed nothing until 7/20 they sent the supplemental link by Email. After I paid the supplemental fee, it showed "Waiting Additional Information" until now. So, maybe just give them some more time...

I submitted the supplemental fee at the start of July and got a receipt of payment, however, the status is still "Waiting Additional Information" on AADSAS. In the email I got from UCLA, they did note this at the end...
"You may check if your file is complete on the AADSAS website after August 31. The decision code for complete files will be set to “Received/Application Complete.” Unfortunately, our office cannot provide status checks over the telephone and does not notify applicants if they are missing any materials. You may also email me if your status is not updated on the AADSAS website in September:[email protected] (include your AADSAS number for verification purposes)."
I think that answers your question?

Submitted on 7/7, and the status showed nothing until 7/20 they sent the supplemental link by Email. After I paid the supplemental fee, it showed "Waiting Additional Information" until now. So, maybe just give them some more time...
I submitted the supplemental fee at the start of July and got a receipt of payment, however, the status is still "Waiting Additional Information" on AADSAS. In the email I got from UCLA, they did note this at the end...
"You may check if your file is complete on the AADSAS website after August 31. The decision code for complete files will be set to “Received/Application Complete.” Unfortunately, our office cannot provide status checks over the telephone and does not notify applicants if they are missing any materials. You may also email me if your status is not updated on the AADSAS website in September:[email protected] (include your AADSAS number for verification purposes)."
I think that answers your question?

Yeah, I will give just a little more time. Thanks!

Just got an "Application Complete" on AADSAS. Submitted June 29th.

So I thought I added UCLA in my AADSAS application and submitted it on Aug 1st. But I just realized I don't have it. Is now too late to apply to UCLA? I'm also out of state. I don't even know if I'm competitive enough...
AA - 21
TS - 21
Bio - 20
GC - 23
OC - 23
RC - 20
QR - 17
PAT - 23
Thanks guys

So I thought I added UCLA in my AADSAS application and submitted it on Aug 1st. But I just realized I don't have it. Is now too late to apply to UCLA? I'm also out of state. I don't even know if I'm competitive enough...
AA - 21
TS - 21
Bio - 20
GC - 23
OC - 23
RC - 20
QR - 17
PAT - 23
Thanks guys

If you felt confident enough to apply 9 days ago, then I would still apply. I don't think much has changed for UCLA yet. No interviews have been offered and they don't plan to update AADSAS until early September.

If you felt confident enough to apply 9 days ago, then I would still apply. I don't think much has changed for UCLA yet. No interviews have been offered and they don't plan to update AADSAS until early September.
thanks for your reply :)

Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone good luck! I can't believe it's already time for the c/o 2022 thread

The 2020 class is still anxiously waiting for our 2021 littles to join us next month :)

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone good luck! I can't believe it's already time for the c/o 2022 thread

The 2020 class is still anxiously waiting for our 2021 littles to join us next month :)

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for willing to answer some questions.
What is your favorite aspect of being a student at UCLA? How many OOS students do they interview? Do you feel like the cost of living in LA is much higher than most other places that have dental schools? Do you feel like there is a lot of teamwork and strong friendships in your class/other classes or do classmates keep to themselves?
Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.