*** The Official UConn School of Dental Medicine C/O 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked and it says app denied. Never got an email from them...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I just checked and it says app denied. Never got an email from them...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Same!! I’m sure we’re all great applicants so it’s only their loss!

Reactions: 2 users
Same!! I’m sure we’re all great applicants so it’s only their loss!
Certainly agree! Its unfortunate since im a MA resident and can get lower tuition there as opposed to BU or Tufts which are super expensive. Its basically the only "in state" school for me. Oh well, hoping for a scholarship! Well, acceptance first lol, then scholarship...

ive heard check back december 2nd means you get in or waitlisted.

Waitlisted at 8:24am, MA resident, good luck guys

• Sad
Waitlisted this morning. Was really impressed by the school and hope to hear an update from them! I will keep my chin up as I hear back from other schools

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted 7:24 CST . Congrats to the acceptances!

Waitlisted OOS 8:30 AM. Really love this program. Does anybody know anything about their waitlist process? Like what are the chances?

Accepted this morning via email (OOS)

Reactions: 1 users
I would also like to know about their waitlist process.

I would also like to know about their waitlist process.

My understanding is that usually they issue more acceptances than seats. Once they determine how many spots have been filled after the first wave, they'll begin taking people off the wait list to fill any remaining openings.

There's definitely people here now that made it off the wait list but if you've got any other acceptances I would put the deposit down on that...

My understanding is that usually they issue more acceptances than seats. Once they determine how many spots have been filled after the first wave, they'll begin taking people off the wait list to fill any remaining openings.

There's definitely people here now that made it off the wait list but if you've got any other acceptances I would put the deposit down on that...

Thanks for the info! I know that the waitlist isn't ranked. How are people selected from the waitlist? Is it random?

Thanks for the info! I know that the waitlist isn't ranked. How are people selected from the waitlist? Is it random?

I honestly have no clue. To me it makes sense to have the next best applicant be at the top of the waitlist and just offer them if needed, but it certainly could be more nuanced than that.

PSA to all waitlisted: I talked to Dean Paolella and she said that if someone is needed for the waitlist, all waitlisted applicants are reviewed and assessed again and then one is chosen. Some years they go to the waitlist and some years they don't. As of now, she doesn't know if they'll need to go to the waitlist.

PSA to all waitlisted: I talked to Dean Paolella and she said that if someone is needed for the waitlist, all waitlisted applicants are reviewed and assessed again and then one is chosen. Some years they go to the waitlist and some years they don't. As of now, she doesn't know if they'll need to go to the waitlist.
Thank you for the info!!

Has anyone been accepted off of the wait list?
I haven't been, but I have a friend who declined their offer so there should at least have been one opening in their program hopefully more than that though!

I got off the waitlist today! Got a call from Dr. Paolella, and was offered a position, and I'm taking it!
Congrats! Are you in state? Also did she mention if there were more spots?

Congrats! Are you in state? Also did she mention if there were more spots?
Thank you! I am a New England applicant, she didn't mention any more spots, more of talked me through the next steps for getting me into the program.

Hey guys! Figured I'd reach out while I have some time since classes are all online. I'm a current D1 here at UConn so if you guys have any questions or anything, feel free to send them my way!

Hey guys! Figured I'd reach out while I have some time since classes are all online. I'm a current D1 here at UConn so if you guys have any questions or anything, feel free to send them my way!
As someone on the wait list, do you know when they usually start calling people off of the waitlist?

As someone on the wait list, do you know when they usually start calling people off of the waitlist?

What do you mean by call off the waitlist? If you mean when do they call people on the waitlist to inform them they've been accepted, probably in January after the first round of offers have run their course, although they frequently fill their class with those first offers.

If you mean, when do they take someone off the waitlist formally, and decline their application, I don't think they do that since you technically could be accepted all the until mid summer, but that'd probably take some crazy circumstances.

IIRC they usually start in January/February after the first round of offers go out however, my class filled up immediately so I can't really give a concrete answer