Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Out of state

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters

sshaltoni06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just talked to a couple of dental students at UIC and they said that the school sends out interviews at the end of this September. Has anyone else heard anything from the school?

Members don't see this ad.

the school is a mystery to me sometimes. if I didn't have a spread sheet I"d probably forgot I even applied to them. Its odd how there's very little posting about them from previous years on here compared to other schools. they have a relatively large applicant pool ~1500. Maybe I'm just picking the wrong search terms.

anyways last thing I got was their email saying they are manual processing apps, so we should give them time and try not to call.

Eventually I notice they updated the AADSAS portal but with pretty much the same note from email. that was about 3 weeks ago and since then nothing. Their own portal shows they got everything for me and to await further updates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email stating that my application is now complete and its under review. (even though i was in the second batch.... Oh well, i guess they just recently started this process...)

Has anyone received any recent emails?

the last email I got from them was don't call/email we're doing things manually.

that was back on 8/22.

My aadsas portal says this.

"08/21/2012 Received/Waiting Additional Information UIC College of Dentistry may be missing a supplemental application fee or other materials. Applicants should check the AADSAS student portal to confirm all materials have been submitted. Credit card payments are not automatically updated. Thanks for your patience as all items must be entered manually. "

I head to their portal everything has been marked at received since august.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone received an interview from UIC in recent weeks?

I received an email today about an interview on October 22. In state

i realize they're a state school but has any one out of state received an interview yet? i'm first batch & i got the email saying all of my stuff is complete. on the uic portal, it says "submitted to college for review," but i haven't heard anything and it's almost november!!

so yah. any out of state applicants with better luck? would love to see chicago..

Blondie my group had 8 or 9 people. All interviews are individual though.

ggj, we had two OOSers today. One was from Alabama

Blondie my group had 8 or 9 people. All interviews are individual though.

ggj, we had two OOSers today. One was from Alabama

thanks for the info! hope to hear from them soon, even if it's post-december. best of luck!

Got an email today that my app is (finally) under review. Up until now it said "maybe some items incomplete" I did the supplemental app months ago. 5th batch in state.

OOS. got my email for an interview on oct 21 for nov.

JW how people know what batch they are

Just got an interview for November 27th! in state 10th batch.

also, what do you guys think of my chances for a december 1st acceptance since i'm interviewing on november 27th?

thanks!

Last edited:
I got an email today! Interview Nov 28 :) I'm in state

Is it true that UIC schedules interviews in order of how high your stats are?

So do they ask everybody to submit an $85 supplemental application. And how long after submitting that did it take to get an interview. I don't want to waste my time or money...HELP I NEED ANSWERS

So do they ask everybody to submit an $85 supplemental application. And how long after submitting that did it take to get an interview. I don't want to waste my time or money...HELP I NEED ANSWERS
?

Almost all schools require a fee. Just because you submit a fee doesn't mean you'll get an interview (we don't know your stats....). If you don't want a chance of getting one - don't submit the fee.

attending the UIC open house today at 5. ill let you guys know how it goes

sorry just got back on here now... it was great! was mostly intended for people who are yet to apply. but they gave us a tour of the school which looked awesome with the new renovations. we were able to talk to a lot of dental students that were walking around and i got to personally go around with a couple of them. they told me all about the new curriculum and whatnot. there was a talk about research programs at UIC as well... it was nice to put my name on paper/show my face because i have an interview there in a week.

just had my interview. PM if you have any questions

Hey guys I'm in state. My interview is coming up! any advise? and do you guys know how soon should I hear from them after my interview which is in December?

Do they update AADSAS on the 1st or do we have to wait until the 3rd?

Did anyone's status change from 'Invited for Interview'?

Did anyone's status change from 'Invited for Interview'?

nope, still says interview.. I don't think they will be updating us until dec 3rd at the earliest.. that's what they told us at the interview session at least.

Did anyone get a phone call yet?

The lady said that they won't be updating the AADSAS portal because they want to call us in-person to inform us of this good news.

Last edited:
What time did they call you guys? I dunno if they are going to call me anymore haha

Someone create a group and post a link on here!!