****The Official UMC University of Mississippi- Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

dls92

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on SD applying here?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you had your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied too. I have not heard anything yet.

When were you interviewed and how did they contact you?
I interviewed a couple weeks ago. They send out an email invitation that has date, time, instructions, etc.

I interviewed a couple weeks ago. They send out an email invitation that has date, time, instructions, etc.
Congrats. I'm starting to worry a little, since I haven't heard anything. Do you know about how many people were interviewed in your wave?

I interviewed last week and 16 people interviewed that day

Has anyone that interviewed received a response yet?

What are yall's stats? Also, if we have interviewed, what are our chances of being accepted?
My stats are: 21 DAT, 3.66 GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
My bad, I didn't realize this was within the dental forum. I feel pretty stupid and apologize for any confusion.

Last edited:
My bad, I didn't realize this was within the dental forum. I feel pretty stupid and apologize for any confusion.

Last edited:
No I'm definitely on the UMC SOD Admissions website. It's always been a December 1st earliest date of acceptance notification. Do you have a link to what you're looking at?

Last edited:
Hey, what you're looking at is for the medical school application process. No dental schools give out acceptance letters until Dec. 1, including UMMC.

How long after you submitted your application did it take to receive an interview invite?

Haven't heard either

Nothing here either. Searched Twitter and Facebook. Haven't seen one mention of an acceptance.

What's portal status like? Mines under review. Been that way since August after I interviewed.

Nothing here either. Searched Twitter and Facebook. Haven't seen one mention of an acceptance.

What's portal status like? Mines under review. Been that way since August after I interviewed.

My status is the same, under review. :/

i interviewed in november and they said they wouldnt start telling us until after Dec. 8, bc that is when the admissions committee meets next. But, it's weird that yall havent heard anything because they also said they would give out acceptances on Dec. 1 for people who interviewed before November

I interviewed in September. No clue, just thought we'd know by today

I interviewed in September. No clue, just thought we'd know by today

It's the only school I seriously applied to and the only one I want to attend. Historically, they've called in the morning on Dec 1st according to SDN reports. It's not limited to this date, but it seems like that's been the case. But, it's odd there's not one person reporting acceptance on here, Facebook, or Twitter.

My friend said he heard about 4 people got in this morning.

I got a call at 8:52 this morning. I interviewed September 29th at 8am.

DAT is a 19 and GPA w/ masters is 3.28. This was my 4th year applying.

This is only what I have heard, so take it with a grain of salt... I have only heard of a few people that have been accepted. I have also heard they were supposed to have filled a majority of the class today, but there are some slots open. Supposedly, they are not calling to accept anyone else until next Thursday. Again, this info was heard through the grapevine.

Reactions: 1 user
In the past, they have interviewed applicants through January and accepted students as late as March. Sometimes, no news is good news. The way I see it, until I receive a rejection letter/e-mail, I'm still in the running for a spot.

I interviewed September 5th i think was the date and I haven't heard anything yet. My friend said they were planning on accepting around 28 people on December 1, but he couldn't confirm this. Personally, I have only heard about 5 people that have been accepted.

I interviewed on September 1st and I haven't heard back either. I also heard the same thing about 28 people being called on Dec. 1st from a current dental student. I only know of one person that got in. I wonder if the waitlist people have been notified yet or not.

I also interviewed in September. I first heard that 25-28 had been accepted on December 1. Now, I am hearing that there are only about 5 spots left (not sure how accurate that is).

Anyone with an October interview heard any news??

i interviewed in november and they said they wouldnt start telling us until after Dec. 8, bc that is when the admissions committee meets next. But, it's weird that yall havent heard anything because they also said they would give out acceptances on Dec. 1 for people who interviewed before November

Did they say how long after December 8th that they would start to notify people?

I think this is where we stand:

There are usually ~25 acceptances on Dec 1st. So, we're down to 15 slots. Even if they accepted a few more, it will probably work out still to around 25 because some choosing other options.

I don't believe they've accepted anyone between Dec 1st and now. Seems unlikely.

As for proportion of applicants they take from the November-January interview cycles no one really knows. I'd assume they're saving at least a few spots for the later rounds of interviews.

So, if there is a "next wave" of acceptances, it seems like around ten might be accepted leaving maybe five for debate into January.

I may be totally off, but based off previous years, there are people accepted who interviewed Pre-December 1st after December 1st.

I think this is where we stand:

There are usually ~25 acceptances on Dec 1st. So, we're down to 15 slots. Even if they accepted a few more, it will probably work out still to around 25 because some choosing other options.

I don't believe they've accepted anyone between Dec 1st and now. Seems unlikely.

As for proportion of applicants they take from the November-January interview cycles no one really knows. I'd assume they're saving at least a few spots for the later rounds of interviews.

So, if there is a "next wave" of acceptances, it seems like around ten might be accepted leaving maybe five for debate into January.

I may be totally off, but based off previous years, there are people accepted who interviewed Pre-December 1st after December 1st.

I interviewed in October and haven't heard anything yet. No acceptance. No deny. So I'm a little confused.

I interviewed in October and haven't heard anything yet. No acceptance. No deny. So I'm a little confused.

I interviewed in August. Same situation as you. No acceptance. Not denied. In limbo. Portal status is under review. I'm not sure they deny until January. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they do wait list at that time as well.

I interviewed in August. Same situation as you. No acceptance. Not denied. In limbo. Portal status is under review. I'm not sure they deny until January. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they do wait list at that time as well.

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I'm just wondering if they are using our applications and comparing the ones that are left. Who knows... so nervous!! Just want to know!

A dental student said 28 have been accepted, 3 of them are from portal. Heard through several people that they may be notifying more people today. Also heard they were done with interviews and did a meeting on the last 10 people yesterday. 1 or 2 spots will be saved for D1s in case they do not pass.

i have an update! I called Ms. Sandra and she said the class was finalized this morning when the committee met. But, Dr. Smith hasn't gotten around to calling the newly accepted students yet. She said to give them till at least Monday to call everyone.