***The Official UMMC SOD Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

springlove123

QuynhNguyen
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here it is! Post away if you're applying for UMMC SOD!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! submitted mine, waiting to hear back for interview.. have you heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!! :)
I haven't heard anything yet. I think we will know in July.
Keep updating okay? :D

Question: Are you guys MS residents? If I complete Masters in MS, would I be eligible to apply?

I got invited to interview on the 24th at 8:00. How many times have y'all applied?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear the next interview session is on the 14th of August. Based on how they notified for the July 24th sessions there will likely be 14 people notified around the 1st of August. Good luck to those who haven't heard yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone hear about an interview yesterday?

Hey Yakattack,
Did u send thank you notes after the interview?

I did not, I was going to last year and had trouble getting contact info for everyone that interviewed me and I didn't want to send a letter to some of them and not all of them.

A friend of mine was notified today that he is interviewing here next Thursday. Letting y'all know they have given more interviews.

December is going to be a LONG wait! Is anyone interviewing anywhere else?

Reactions: 1 user
I got my email for an interview on August 14 @ 10am today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check your email and remember it sometimes goes into the "Junk" mail. I am so excited…Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Does anybody know when the next interview session is going to be?

I just got an interview invite for September 18th!

When do we find out about our status!? I called the dental school admissions today and they said January?!

Hi Everyone!

does anyone know how the interviews are scored?

A buddy of mine got an acceptance this morning, hoping to hear the same soon. Anyone know if they are calling all week or if today is the day??

Longest day ever!!!!!!! Well I know some people got phone calls and emails today but from what I hear they are not done filling the class nor have they filled the alternate list. I hope/pray/think they will meet again this week to finalize the class and continue to make calls into next week. :shrug: Don't give up yet!!!!! We will all hopefully know something by the end of next week. Good luck again to everyone and congrats to those who were accepted!!!!! :soexcited:

Waited for 5 months to know my December 1st is to WAIT WAIT WAIT...I am so regret that I only applied to UMMC...I know people have similar stats like me getting like 2-3 acceptances.

Longest day ever!!!!!!! Well I know some people got phone calls and emails today but from what I hear they are not done filling the class nor have they filled the alternate list. I hope/pray/think they will meet again this week to finalize the class and continue to make calls into next week. :shrug: Don't give up yet!!!!! We will all hopefully know something by the end of next week. Good luck again to everyone and congrats to those who were accepted!!!!! :soexcited:
I know quite a lot ppl that already in...this silence kills me! :boom:

:( How many people do you know of? I heard they have not even selected portal students which could be up to 6 people/spots!! STRESSED TO THE MAX!!!!!!!

I know 4. My friends know around 5. And 1 more person said he knows quite a few. Could be the same person but that's a lot to me bc there is only 35 seats and at least 3-5 is for portal students.
If y'all hear back something, please post it on here.

So here's what I've heard. Dr. Smith says that they will be accepting applicants until the end of January, and they have not finished reviewing all of the applications. A friend of mine who is an oral surgeon told me that there are only nine spots left. I'm not sure how seriously I will take that second piece of information, because I don't understand why they would take two more months to decide on nine spots.

I guess everyone's heard different things. I heard they haven't chose half of the class yet and are still reviewing.

Has anyone heard anything from Dr. Smith or his staff directly? Do you think we can even ask how many spots are left? There are so many rules and guidelines as well as common sense etiquette involved…but at the same time I think it is fair for us to know something. This week has been longer and more exhausting then the wait for Dec. 1st.

Reactions: 2 users
One of my friends tried to contact Dr. Smith but could never reach him and the secretary gives very vague answers.

Has anyone heard anything from Dr. Smith or his staff directly? Do you think we can even ask how many spots are left? There are so many rules and guidelines as well as common sense etiquette involved…but at the same time I think it is fair for us to know something. This week has been longer and more exhausting then the wait for Dec. 1st.

I have read an email my coworker, who is also applying, received from him. My coworker asked about when we would know and Dr. Smith said the earliest that we could have known was dec. 1, with decisions being made through January. As for asking about spots left, I don't thing there is a proper way to do that. I do agree that we should know something.

I haven't heard anything either but my AADSAS portal did update to Under Review yesterday!

I just got an email, I'm on the alternate list

I am an alternate as well. Dr. Smith has informed me that they will know more about alternates after January 5.

My birthday month is January!! I hope I get an early present!! :biglove: JK. NO. please! still praying!