****The Official UNC Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Just got the best wake up call ever!!! 7:55 this morning!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats that is awesome!!! I have my fingers crossed that I'll get the call too. Who called you from the school? I also wonder what time they finish making the calls.

This waiting is a killin' me.......

Congratulations that's awesome!! When was your interview?

Anyone have an idea of when all the calls will be completed today? Still waiting and hope is fading with every passing minute.

Anyone have an idea of when all the calls will be completed today? Still waiting and hope is fading with every passing minute.

same here :(

lol..
it seemed like last year it was a two day event. but they started at 8am this morning. lets hope they save some calls for tomorrow.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Did your aadsas status change before you received the call?

Was wondering the same thing amnehile. This waiting is awful, and with every passing minute I am losing hope.............

I wonder what time they will have all the calls made?

I know I am waiting on pins and needles here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations that's awesome!! When was your interview?

I interviewed in the September 24th grouping...

I have heard that they call on the 1st and 2nd in the past...not sure how they are doing it this cycle but I know of a few who got calls around 8:00am...

Not sure how much of the class they try and fill this first round...I know of they give offers to those that interview before Dec. 1st in February based on pre-dents information...

My AADSAS did NOT change...still says received/under review at this moment...got the call this morning...

I interviewed in the September 24th grouping...

I have heard that they call on the 1st and 2nd in the past...not sure how they are doing it this cycle but I know of a few who got calls around 8:00am...

Not sure how much of the class they try and fill this first round...I know of they give offers to those that interview before Dec. 1st in February based on pre-dents information...

Any change in your AADSAS info Twenty? Just curious

guys (and gals), im afraid thats it for today...

lets hope there's more calls tomorrow.

in the past the meeting was in the morning of 1st.. and calls were in the afternoon and the following day. but seeing how they had a whole day to call. i dont know. i dont want to wait another two months. i dont want to have to take more classes :(

I called today and they said that they were going to do all of their calls today and not tomorrow. I just hope that the girl working in the front desk doesn't know what she was talking about so that we can get a call tomorrow. :scared:

So I guess UNC won't give out any more acceptances until they meet again in late January/early February? Anyone have any insight?

I would have figured there would have been a little more activity about UNC between here and predents if they were doing all the phone calls today for the first round acceptances. I don't know. Trying to stay optimistic.

I would have figured there would have been a little more activity about UNC between here and predents if they were doing all the phone calls today for the first round acceptances. I don't know. Trying to stay optimistic.
Yeah it does seem a bit too quite if numerous acceptances were given out today. I am going to stay positive with you and keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully tomorrow brings good news for all of us that are on pins and needles.

Traditionally the selection meeting has been held on the first Wednesday of Dec and Feb. They fill half of the class in Dec. The meeting ends around 1~2pm and they make a few calls right after and the rest calls Thursday morning around 7:30~10:30am. This year 12/1 is Thursday, so they met yesterday. Thus, in Feb, most likely the meeting will be on 2/1 and most of you will get the call on 2/2 again around 7:30~10:30am.
If you didn't get the call today, you are not rejected, but have to compete again with each other + Jan interviewees.
For those who accepted today, you earned it! Congratulations!

http://www.dentistry.unc.edu/units/service/supportservices/dsbuilding/dentalsciencesbuildingtoview.pdf
http://www.dentistry.unc.edu/foundation/dentalexcellence/documents/casestatement.pdf

Hey All!

First and foremost, congratulations to the future UNC SoD Class of 2016.

I am a first year, currently enjoying my winter break.

If you should have any questions, feel free to post here, PM me, or post to the facebook group.

Fall of 2012 will approach rapidly - the best thing you can do, from this point-on, is to RELAX and spend some quality time with friends and family.

See you all in the fall and GO HEELS!

Trying to make it up there next weekend to scout out the area..

Any thoughts on places to look at for rentals? I'm with wife and baby on the way, two dogs, so we'll more than likely need a house. Or something close enough to ride a bike..

Anyway, will post more if we make it there next weekend!

So excited!

Trying to make it up there next weekend to scout out the area..

Any thoughts on places to look at for rentals? I'm with wife and baby on the way, two dogs, so we'll more than likely need a house. Or something close enough to ride a bike..

Anyway, will post more if we make it there next weekend!

So excited!

I visited Southern Village and thought it was nice. Easy access to dental school (free bus) and family oriented with lots of professionals/grad students around.

Last edited:
I interviewed on the last session on Jan 7th and they just called me today to tell me I'm accepted!!! and I'm out of state so I'm really excited!!

I just got the call, Im in! OOS here from NY, interviewed 9/24

I got in!! I got the call around 2 this afternoon. I am super excited! I am instate and interviewed on Jan 7th.

If you're looking or posting about UNC acceptances also check the thread *UNC Dental Applying 2011*