:::THE OFFICIAL UNC School of Dentistry-Class of 2011 thread::::

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Blitzdt

Hi all, I just walked to the cashier office to turn in my money on Monday, and after that I walked to the dental school to turned in my paper work. I still have to get the paper work for those shots and fill out the insurance thing, but those won't be due 'till August (correct me if i'm wrong). It looks like I'm going to go here. Who in here will be my classmate for the next four years?:D

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there! Weren't you sold on Case? Quick to switch over. Good choice, so I don't blame you. Where do dental students live?

I'm there. coming from Oregon...raised in Michigan.
CZ

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there! Weren't you sold on Case? Quick to switch over. Good choice, so I don't blame you. Where do dental students live?
lol...good catch! It's the price tag! UNC is good school and it's amazingly cheap! Plus, I love it here too much as an undergrad, I really don't want to run away. I will miss Case for sure, people are so nice there and the school is great!
Most dental students here live in apartments. Some live off Homestead Dr. I saw a couple of dental students living in Carrboro's apartments. Right now i'm thinking of Homestead College Complex. What about you?

I'm there. coming from Oregon...raised in Michigan.
CZ

Wow! you must have really outstanding stats to get in from out of state. What are your reasons for comming here?
I heard one of the guys who teaches here....people called him "The Godfather of Orthodontics" :laugh: because almost all of the dental schools in the nation use his books to teach ortho to their students. Plus, when dental school was ranked we ranked 3rd in the nation. I say UNC is a solid school:D.

lol...good catch! It's the price tag! UNC is good school and it's amazingly cheap! Plus, I love it here too much as an undergrad, I really don't want to run away. I will miss Case for sure, people are so nice there and the school is great!
Most dental students here live in apartments. Some live off Homestead Dr. I saw a couple of dental students living in Carrboro's apartments. Right now i'm thinking of Homestead College Complex. What about you?

to think, you told every single asian girl on sdn to go to case... and now you're going to unc.

eh, u must really like the carolina blue. :p (i got that phrase from she's the man... which is a cool movie btw).

to think, you told every single asian girl on sdn to go to case... and now you're going to unc.

eh, u must really like the carolina blue. :p (i got that phrase from she's the man... which is a cool movie btw).
...yeah...but I tried to pursuade you to go to UNC :D. You're a true Tar Heel at heart! You would love it here at UNC.

I'm actually thinking about buying a condo. Where would be good to look for that? I know nothing about the Chapel Hill area, except for what I learned on my visit, so any feedback would be great!

I'm actually thinking about buying a condo. Where would be good to look for that? I know nothing about the Chapel Hill area, except for what I learned on my visit, so any feedback would be great!
sorry..i know nothing about buying a condo or where to look for a condo! I guess because of that i'm going to rent:(

I am a post-bac guy...graduated from Michigan engineering in 1998 with a 3.0....worked in technology business development for a while, went kitesurfing in Mexico for a few months, then back to work, then 52 quarter-credits of the prereques in one year (4.0)...DAT in early Sept...in a nutshell that's my story

once i got into my top target schools i withdrew everywhere else...got into UNC and Minn on Dec 1, and Michigan on Jan 20th. UNC is the school for me because of:
- talented and gifted faculty (i think it's the best dental school in the country on an overall basis.)
- top notch facilities
- extremely affordable real estate (compared to west coast, i intend to buy).
- weather
- rock solid state dentist/population ratios
- killer growth numbers projected for triangle for next decade or so.
- world class mountain biking everywhere
- world class kitesurfing at Hatteras / outer banks
- world class golf
- great post-collegiate lacrosse (I played at Michigan and still play in OR)

I might be the oldest of our class (32)...looking forward to August. We'll probably move to Chapel Hill in July.

CZ

I am a post-bac guy...graduated from Michigan engineering in 1998 with a 3.0....worked in technology business development for a while, went kitesurfing in Mexico for a few months, then back to work, then 52 quarter-credits of the prereques in one year (4.0)...DAT in early Sept...in a nutshell that's my story

once i got into my top target schools i withdrew everywhere else...got into UNC and Minn on Dec 1, and Michigan on Jan 20th. UNC is the school for me because of:
- talented and gifted faculty (i think it's the best dental school in the country on an overall basis.)
- top notch facilities
- extremely affordable real estate (compared to west coast, i intend to buy).
- weather
- rock solid state dentist/population ratios
- killer growth numbers projected for triangle for next decade or so.
- world class mountain biking everywhere
- world class kitesurfing at Hatteras / outer banks
- world class golf
- great post-collegiate lacrosse (I played at Michigan and still play in OR)

I might be the oldest of our class (32)...looking forward to August. We'll probably move to Chapel Hill in July.

CZ
Thanks for sharing for your story! I'm a 21 yr old UNC undergrad. I finally decided to go here because my family is here, UNC is a good school, very cheap instate tuition, and I love my undergrad years here. I don't think you will be the oldest person in our class because at a couple of my interviews there were some 40 yr old parents. I'm looking forward to meet you.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured I would be one of the oldest at 25 but I guess not. Look forward to meeting everyone in the fall.

28 here. I'm on the downhill ride to 30, but lovin' it. :laugh:

hold on....I am starting to feel lonely...Where are the 21s:p

~it looks like all I need to turn in are the insurance form, vaccination form, and my final transcript. Do ya'll know how much are those vacc. shots? Also, Are they going to send us a letter to confirm that they have received our deposits and our forms?

I'm 23...which is closer to 21 than 30! I never got a letter about my deposit, it was just posted on student central. Also, the vacinations and other medical forms aren't due until orientation, but I'm sure the earlier the better!

I'm 23...which is closer to 21 than 30! I never got a letter about my deposit, it was just posted on student central. Also, the vacinations and other medical forms aren't due until orientation, but I'm sure the earlier the better!

do you know if they will be sending a letter?

I've talked to Terry twice, she said i was good to go, fafsa complete, 'nothing to do but wait right now'...and i never got a letter post acceptance and deposit paid.

CZ

I've talked to Terry twice, she said i was good to go, fafsa complete, 'nothing to do but wait right now'...and i never got a letter post acceptance and deposit paid.

CZ
It would be nice to get a letter from them. I'll call or swing by the office next week to make sure they got everything.

hey guys! did your parents receive letters from the school for the white coat ceremony? I didn't have a chance to read the letters. Correct me if i'm wrong, this is the white coat ceremony for the class of 2010 and not us, right? So why do they ask us and our parents to go? Anybody in here going?

~can't wait to meet you guys in August!:D

Hey guys,
I'm 21 about to be 22 ... so it looks like I'll be a young one in the class. I was just wondering where everyone is living in the fall... I looked at buying a condo but they are pretty expensive so I think I'll either be renting at Meadowmont. I was just wondering where most dental students live.
Can't wait to meet you all!

Hi,
Your name was Emily or Emma.
You lived at the Colonial Village Apartments in A-9 with you boyfriend.
During the same time I lived in C building in 2010-2011 or so.
I'm trying to reach you.
Please email me back I was the lady with the dog.
Would love to reconnect.
If you know her please pass this message on to this sweet friend I knew.
Thanks