***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2020 Thread***

Is anyone who hasn't gotten in yet sending an update letter or letter of interest to UNC? I'm not sure if I should or not..

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone who hasn't gotten in yet sending an update letter or letter of interest to UNC? I'm not sure if I should or not..
Have you been interviewed? The last interview date was this weekend, so if you didn't interview yet it probably isn't worth your time.

Have you been interviewed? The last interview date was this weekend, so if you didn't interview yet it probably isn't worth your time.
Yes I did in September but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to send an update before they send out acceptances at the end of the month

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a call ending in 4398? I missed it (research experiment) and think it might have been them... Aggghh...

Did anyone who received a call today interview on 1/9?

Just got the call at 2:05p today from Dr. Roberts. Accepted! In state, interview was 1/9! 2nd time applying. Here's to class of 2020!

Reactions: 1 user
Someone had a rejection in the Official Acceptance/Rejection Thread from UNC a few minutes ago. They said the email was sent out at 6pm. Hopefully these all went out at once, because that would suggest the waitlist is the worst that can happen now if you haven't heard anything.

Someone had a rejection in the Official Acceptance/Rejection Thread from UNC a few minutes ago. They said the email was sent out at 6pm. Hopefully these all went out at once, because that would suggest the waitlist is the worst that can happen now if you haven't heard anything.
What thread are you talking about? Did they apply to the dental school or just unc undergrad?

Rejection, OOS, no interview.
This was my long shot, but it still stings :cryi:

Reactions: 2 users
What thread are you talking about? Did they apply to the dental school or just unc undergrad?
Here is the name of the thread "Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread". Its the one that people use for all dental schools.

The email says that they're accepting and waitlisting people at this time, though... not sure what that means for people who still want to interview

No acceptance, no rejection, no waitlist. This is torture

Reactions: 4 users
The email says that they're accepting and waitlisting people at this time, though... not sure what that means for people who still want to interview
Lol does it really? I just skimmed it and didn't see that. What a slap in the face. "We are accepting people. They are not you. Sucks!!!"

Also got the rejection email, OOS, no interview. The email says, "The Admissions Committee of the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry has made selections of acceptances and alternates for the DDS Class of 2020." That kinda suggests they're all done for this cycle! Seems a little early though.

Rejected as well, OOS. Smh, long shot but I thought maybe, just maybe I might have a shot. Oh well, onto bigger and better things. Congrats on those who got accepted!

I'm pretty sure those of us that interviewed and weren't accepted or rejected on December 1st are waitlisted by default, and since their interviews are over, anyone that hasn't interviewed yet is rejected by default. That's what I think they mean by "The Admissions Committee of the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry has made selections of acceptances and alternates for the DDS Class of 2020."