***The Official Univ. of Michigan Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

MikeQ

Dental
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need one of these now! If you received an invite, please be kind enough to list your achievements (stats), batch number, and whatever you desire. Good fate!

Members don't see this ad.

21AA/22TS/23RC/22PAT
oGPA 3.0, sGPA 2.8; masters 3.8
2nd batch (retook dat on 7/16)

22AA/22TS/19RC/20PAT
3.79science,3.75overall
first batch applicant

excited for the interview here! oct 5

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you get your masters in? In addition, what does it say in your wolverine access?

What did you get your masters in? In addition, what does it say in your wolverine access?

Not one of those special ones. I just did a normal non-thesis master's in biology. I think what helped the most was to take intense courses that you will eventually take once you get into dental school. I took courses such as: immunology, pharmacology, neurobiology, medicalphysiology, anatomy, biochemistry, molecular biology and etc.

On my wolverine access, it just says application complete.... Nothing about the interview is mentioned!

I hope this helps!! GL! :thumbup:

I'm getting really nervous now. I'm a MI resident and I have a 3.8 sGPA and a 3.9 oGPA. I have 23 AA and TS and a 21 PAT. Hundreds of hours of shadowing, volunteering, and research all at UM dental. Also, I submitted a complete application in the first batch back in June. I see lots of people are getting invites from UM, but I haven't gotten one. Does anyone know if the first two batches of interview invites have been OOS applicants? Thanks everyone. Good luck and congratulations!

I'm getting really nervous now. I'm a MI resident and I have a 3.8 sGPA and a 3.9 oGPA. I have 23 AA and TS and a 21 PAT. Hundreds of hours of shadowing, volunteering, and research all at UM dental. Also, I submitted a complete application in the first batch back in June. I see lots of people are getting invites from UM, but I haven't gotten one. Does anyone know if the first two batches of interview invites have been OOS applicants? Thanks everyone. Good luck and congratulations!

Take a deep breath. My state university, even if you have stellar stats, invites in state students near the end, and OOS first. This is for travel purposes - the out of state students would have a harder time traveling in the winter than you, an in state student would. I'm not saying they have DEFINITELY saved you a seat, but your numbers look good to me. I'd try not to worry about it :)

Take a deep breath. My state university, even if you have stellar stats, invites in state students near the end, and OOS first. This is for travel purposes - the out of state students would have a harder time traveling in the winter than you, an in state student would. I'm not saying they have DEFINITELY saved you a seat, but your numbers look good to me. I'd try not to worry about it :)

+11111111111111111. :thumbup:

20aa / 21ts / 20pat

science and overall are both around a 3.7ish

In-state

Good luck

I am a current dental student at U of M...if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. Good luck to all!

Alright this is a bit late...I'm interviewing this Friday at UM...any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright this is a bit late...I'm interviewing this Friday at UM...any advice?

I am interviewing this Friday too! I think i am just going to look over the interview feedback on sdn and their website..... I dont think there is a way to prepare for an MMI!

Good luck on your interview!!

Finally an Invite!!!!!!

10/8/2012
2nd batch
Cali-Resident
Stats are in my signature
Interview date : Nov. 16th (the last one before January interviews begin)

does anyone know if they allow you to try for another date than the one your invited for? I just got an e-mail today inviting me to the November 9th interview but my sister's baby is due around that time and I don't want to have to cancel at the last minute so I rather just schedule one on a different date (I am from South Carolina so it would be extremely hard/expensive to cancel flights and hotels)... any suggestions or advice anyone could give me would be great!!!!

Call the number provided in the Email. You will be connected with Michelle in the office of admissions. The next opening for interview will be Nov. 16th, the following week. After that the next one will be in January, is what she told me.

To those who have interviewed, what types of questions were you asked during the MMIs? Thanks for all your help and advice, in advance!

To those who have interviewed, what types of questions were you asked during the MMIs? Thanks for all your help and advice, in advance!

We are not allowed to talk about the questions asked during the MMI. After the interview, the students signed a consent form. So.... I dont think you will get any answers to your question.

We are not allowed to talk about the questions asked during the MMI. After the interview, the students signed a consent form. So.... I dont think you will get any answers to your question.

Oh okay. Sorry, I had no idea! Thanks for your answer though :)

Yeah we did have to sign something stating we won't disclose any MMI questions. I will say this, though. Just treat each mini interview as a regular interview. Stay calm and the whole thing becomes pretty fun! I honestly thought it was a lot more engaging than your typical one-on-one interview.

Yeah we did have to sign something stating we won't disclose any MMI questions. I will say this, though. Just treat each mini interview as a regular interview. Stay calm and the whole thing becomes pretty fun! I honestly thought it was a lot more engaging than your typical one-on-one interview.

Thanks! :)

Would any OOS applicant interviewers mind giving recommendations for hotel/transportation?

I was looking into the comfort inn in south detroit (~10min away) and was going to either take a cab (although it's going to be expensive) or give myself 4 hours after my interview and use the AirRide service.

What do you guys think?

I would recommend finding a hotel in Ann Arbor so you are close to the school in the morning of the interview. Air service will be cheaper. But the Ann Arbor Airport shuttle is also another good option. Its cheaper than taxi, I think it like $30 for one way.

Would any OOS applicant interviewers mind giving recommendations for hotel/transportation?

I was looking into the comfort inn in south detroit (~10min away) and was going to either take a cab (although it's going to be expensive) or give myself 4 hours after my interview and use the AirRide service.

What do you guys think?

I got a room at the Lamp Post Inn for $56/night and rental car for $26/day thru Thrifty. The hotel (which may not be very nice, but sounds clean from reviews) is within a mile of the dental school and the price of that rental car makes it seem like the best way to go to me.

Hi Everyone,

I'm flying in on Thursday, Nov 1st for the Friday, November 2nd interview. I will be flying in around 7:30pm. Anyone going to be flying in around that time and want to share a cab/shuttle? :)

Dang, where'd you find a car with Thrifty for $23! The best I see is $33. Anyone interviewing on November 9th want to share a car/shuttle to the school? I'm in group 2 but would be happy to leave early enough for group one (i'm just staying in an airport hotel that night).

Nov 9th interview!

In-State

oGPA 3.8
sGPA 3.7

AA 20
TS 19
PAT 20

What does everyone think about Michigan? The school, the curriculum, the students and faculty you met, any thoughts after your interviews?

I'm OOS and haven't heard back yet.... Do they fill up all their seats Pre-December or do I still have a chance?

I'm OOS and haven't heard back yet.... Do they fill up all their seats Pre-December or do I still have a chance?

i believe you should be fine. they will save seats open to those post-dec interviews :). Just wait it out and once you get that invite, be ready to perform at your best!:thumbup:

Does anyone know how much of the class they fill for pre-Dec? Also, has Michigan started handing out rejection letters yet?

2/3 of their class will be filled by Dec 3rd

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

did those who've interviewed write thank-you letters to ALL 10 INTERVIEWERS?! I was thinking that'd be crazy, because that does not even include some of the presenters for the school's curriculum and programs that have a heavy weight in deciding your final acceptance. So like ~15 letters!! hahaha

Can anyone verify if the interviews for UM started on Sept 28th? Also, if they continued interview dates every week after that, does it mean that they are done with 8 rounds of interviews already?

For a total of 240 interviews for the 8 Dates of 30 invites each.

Therefore, only 2 more dates will be open for interviews for 60 interviewees after Dec. 3rd.

So Imma guess that 240 interviews will be competing for possibly 100 or more spots. I believe that Pattie Katcher said UM will be sending out ~200 acceptances total for the class of 108. I may be wrong there....