****The Official University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

coolguy07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone!

Link to last years' thread: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry Class of 2023

Link to interview prep: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received the supplemental?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did as well. I don't recall exactly when I received it; however, I mailed it out on 6/24. I OOS.

I submitted on 6/25 and my application says under review but I still haven’t received the supplemental. Has anyone else had this or should I call the office of admissions?

I'm in the same boat as you. They only send supplemental applications to competitive students, not everyone will receive one. We are still early in the application process though so I'm sure it could still take several weeks to receive it!

I received an interview invite today. I am OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received a supplemental yet (I feel like i'm a pretty good applicant) should I call and make sure that everything they have is correct and that they are not missing anything? I also submitted my AADSAS on 6/4.

So if you receive a supplemental, does that mean they have already reviewed your application and will be basing giving you an interview strictly off your supplemental now?

Does anyone know approximately how many receive supplementals?

I just finished a summer class and I’m wondering if I need to send my transcripts to them directly and AADSAS or just AADSAS. The only reason I wonder is because on the letter that came with the supplemental it mentions “new transcripts for upcoming semesters should be sent to us immediately.” Anyone know?

I just finished a summer class and I’m wondering if I need to send my transcripts to them directly and AADSAS or just AADSAS. The only reason I wonder is because on the letter that came with the supplemental it mentions “new transcripts for upcoming semesters should be sent to us immediately.” Anyone know?
if you applied to more than one school, do both. As most schools will look at your AADSAS application

Good luck yall! Still waiting on my committee letter from UAB pre-health, trying to stay positive!

I got an interview invite today for September 4th! Anyone else?
I'm OOS with 22AA, 3.73 GPA, 3.6 Science GPA- turned in June 16th!

Any feedback for those that have already interviewed? My application is complete as of today, so I'm pretty excited!

I received a suplemental like two weeks ago, that does mean that I’m going to receive an interview or not necessarily??

I received a suplemental like two weeks ago, that does mean that I’m going to receive an interview or not necessarily??
I'm pretty sure UAB only sends supplementals to competitive applicants and from what I was told there is a high likelihood of interview if you get one! Congrats!

For OOS married students, UAB is really worth considering!

Something they won’t tell you is if your spouse works for 3 months in Alabama, he/she and family members are automatically eligible for in-state tuition, which is crazy cheap at UAB.

So you could move 3 months before school starts and have your spouse start work and you could get IS tuition quickly!

I haven't received a supplemental yet and I have called admissions to ask if I was missing anything and they only told me that if my status on AADSAS says "under review" then it is under review. I have not got any more information. I submitted on 6/4 and submitted my payment in june as well. I consistently check the mail. Is there any way of finding out whether they are done giving out supplementals? i want to know if I should keep stressing about this school

I haven't received a supplemental yet and I have called admissions to ask if I was missing anything and they only told me that if my status on AADSAS says "under review" then it is under review. I have not got any more information. I submitted on 6/4 and submitted my payment in june as well. I consistently check the mail. Is there any way of finding out whether they are done giving out supplementals? i want to know if I should keep stressing about this school
They don't send supplementals to everyone. So all we can do is wait and hope, btw I'm in the same boat.

To those who have received supplemental and interview, how much research do you have?

To those who have received supplemental and interview, how much research do you have?

only like 75 hours and that's just from my undergrad research class where I assisted grad students

I didn't have any research! I interned with a zoo archeologist for class credit but never did research

Hi all, for UAB supplemental question: How do you propose to meet the cost of your dental education.. are they only looking for a two-word answer of "Federal Loans"? Is that it or should I propose my own creative way of paying for dental school?

• Haha
For those of you who have already interviewed, what did your ADEA AADSAS status change too? Mine changed to received/under review

For those of you who have already interviewed, what did your ADEA AADSAS status change too? Mine changed to received/under review

Mine changed to that too

I didn’t get an interview yet and mine has always said received/under review, what did yours say before it changed to it?

Hi everyone. I am OOS applicant. I was wondering if it is still possible to receive an interview if I never received the supplemental application? If so, are all other schools like that or is the supplemental application a requirement?

Hi everyone. I am OOS applicant. I was wondering if it is still possible to receive an interview if I never received the supplemental application? If so, are all other schools like that or is the supplemental application a requirement?
Supplemental is a requirement. You get it in the mail for UAB

DO you remember the name of the professors interviewed you???

One of my top choices but haven't heard a thing from them.

Should I assume this is a silent rejection?