**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganStudent93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to University of Detroit Mercy (UDM) School of Dentistry Class of 2021 thread!

Feel free to post your interview dates, batch numbers, DAT/GPA, etc. It is a phenomenal program and if anyone has any questions/concerns regarding the whole application/interview process please don't hesitate to hit me up.

https://www.facebook.com/UDMDental/

-------------------------------------------------------------

Members don't see this ad.

Holy moles, yeah it was $75 last cycle, these people are nuts sometimes. I am curious as to why the sudden increase...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know, and they only accept money orders, which cost me an additional $5 to buy from the bank. Outrageous!

Dat $50 price hike...I'm going to cry

Me three!! Which date did you guys decide on? I'll be there on August 27!

Reactions: 1 user
10am on the 27th. It's the first weekend after school starts for me haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also got an invite. Not sure if I'll drive or fly. It's an 8 hour drive for me.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So the website says to follow up with an admissions person after everything has been submitted and verified. Did anybody actually do this? If so, what did you say?

So the website says to follow up with an admissions person after everything has been submitted and verified. Did anybody actually do this? If so, what did you say?
This was included in an email sent to me on July 12th (acknowledgement letter):

"The office will contact you via email if you are missing any required documents. Please refrain from calling or emailing at this time to inquire about documents received"

So I guess they don't want us to contact them (to follow up).

do you receive an email conforming they received your money order?

do you receive an email conforming they received your money order?
I did not receive an email confirming it. When I got my interview invite yesterday they still said that if you haven't sent in a picture and a check to do it now.

I'm going to email them today just to confirm they received everything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I did not receive an email confirming it. When I got my interview invite yesterday they still said that if you haven't sent in a picture and a check to do it now.

I'm going to email them today just to confirm they received everything.

Wait so some people received interview invites without even sending the fee LOL!

Anybody know about what the interviews are like?

I interviewed for class of 2020 and am wait listed for now. The interview I gave lasted about 45 mins with two teachers and was mostly situation based. But you should be able to answer questions like what is something creative you did recently(hated that question) and what if you patient had problem "X" what would you do? Most of the rest of the day is spent looking at the school and you get a group question and answer session with Dr. Jeffers. Hope that helps :)
Good luck!

Thank you so much! It did help. A 45 minute interview doesn't sound too horrible

Thank you so much! It did help. A 45 minute interview doesn't sound too horrible

It isn't. It's more nerve wracking than anything and is really like a conversation with the teachers. You should have questions ready to ask them afterwards to show your interest.
The teachers are really awesome though. They introduce themselves and are really chummy with each other.
Oh and you might also get a chance to ask students (going there currently) about the school and all. There are no staff present for that do you can ask freely.

It isn't. It's more nerve wracking than anything and is really like a conversation with the teachers. You should have questions ready to ask them afterwards to show your interest.
The teachers are really awesome though. They introduce themselves and are really chummy with each other.
Oh and you might also get a chance to ask students (going there currently) about the school and all. There are no staff present for that do you can ask freely.

Can you give an example of an ethical question they asked? Do they ask about anything on your application?

Can you give an example of an ethical question they asked? Do they ask about anything on your application?

The ethical question I got was if I was working in a group and one person wasn't doing the work assigned to them. What would I do? You have to show you have leadership skills as well as problem solving ones without offending anyone.
They have your whole application in front of them when interviewing and ask questions accordingly. If you have more shadowing experience or an assistant job etc they'll ask harder questions. It's all relative I think. They have questions typed out in front of them and they pick and choose the questions they ask.

In a thread from last year, someone said that >90% of people who interview are accepted. Is this true??? Because if it was, I wouldn't imagine them interviewing more than like 150 people haha

Last edited:
After I replied the interview invitation email, the admission person didn't write me back, which makes me nervous. What about you guys?

After I replied the interview invitation email, the admission person didn't write me back, which makes me nervous. What about you guys?
I also did not receive a reply back.

How long did it take for you guys to get invites for interviews after sending your checks?

In a thread from last year, someone said that >90% of people who interview are accepted. Is this true??? Because if it was, I wouldn't imagine them interviewing more than like 150 people haha

I don't know if that's true. They interviewed a lot of people and I am still waiting. But if you are wait listed they can call you till the first day of classes so there is time yet.

@Saokhan84: Do you remember when you received your interview invitation? Did you interview earlier in the cycle or later? Thanks!
I applied a bit late last year so interviewed in January. They told us off the bat that we will be wait listed. But I got my invitation a month in advance in December. And they emailed me back a day or so later with next available interview date and instructions. So I don't know why it's taking them so long to reply back right now. It might be due to the overlap of this coming school years work and the next incoming class's work.

I email her my choice of interview time (8/27, 8am), and asked her if she had received my fee and photo. She emailed me back saying she got fee&pic, and I would receive a confirmation email shortly. But I still haven't seen the confirmation email yet. I assume they'll send confirmation after they have all people set for the time

If we have not received an interview, but submitted the application early in June, and had it mailed out on the first date 6/24, is that a sign that we may be rejected, or are there possibilities of later interview invitations?

I don't think so. I submitted and mailed my stuff around the same time as you. But think of how many application they receive every day, sending stuff in for an hour late may delay couple of days of processing. Be positive.

It took 20 days till they told me my app was completed and another 20 days till I got the interview. It's just a matter of time

Last edited:
Any one interested in sharing an airbnb with me for the August 27th interview?

Have your status for "schools decision" on AADSAS been on? Mine is always "not available yet", even after I got he interview. Thanks

My interview date has been confirmed but I have not received an email from Qualtrics containing my supplemental essay questions. Has anyone else received the e-mail? If so, what are the questions?

My interview date has been confirmed but I have not received an email from Qualtrics containing my supplemental essay questions. Has anyone else received the e-mail? If so, what are the questions?

UDM doesn't have supplemental essay questions.

UDM doesn't have supplemental essay questions.

Then why did the interview confirmation e-mail state:
Please note: You should expect an email from Qualtrics containing your supplemental essay questions that are due within 3 days from date received. If not completed, you will not be able to interview.

Please note: You should expect an email from Qualtrics containing your supplemental essay questions that are due within 3 days from date received. If not completed, you will not be able to interview.

My confirmation email didn't say this.. That's weird. Did anyone else get this? Can you screenshot the email and post it here?

My email had that too. Haven't received the Qualtrics email yet though.

I'm gonna call them and see why some say that and some don't! I'll let y'all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.