**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone here interviewed after Nov 12th?

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder if the waitlist emails were sent out according to ranking. As was mentioned earlier, people were ranked on the 1-5 scale for acceptances after interviews. I wonder if the first people to get the emails were the 4s who didnt get accepted, followed by the 3s and 2s.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the waitlist emails were sent out according to ranking. As was mentioned earlier, people were ranked on the 1-5 scale for acceptances after interviews. I wonder if the first people to get the emails were the 4s who didnt get accepted, followed by the 3s and 2s.
yeah I had mentioned above that I was wondering the same thing. The emails were sent in segments and it wasn't just a couple segments it was like 4+ different timings. And I was thinking they email people as they put them on the list because how will you email the people you haven't put on the list yet? Wishful thinking haha!

I'm trying to figure that out as well. The reason why I'm leaning towards believing they sent them in batches of ranks is because there have been people who interviewed early september and received waitlist e-mails after me and I interviewed Nov 12th. It may also be alphabetically? My last name starts with E and I received the first waitlist email. Alphabetically is highly unlikely, however.

I'm trying to figure that out as well. The reason why I'm leaning towards believing they sent them in batches of ranks is because there have been people who interviewed early september and received waitlist e-mails after me and I interviewed Nov 12th. It may also be alphabetically? My last name starts with E and I received the first waitlist email. Alphabetically is highly unlikely, however.
Yeah to add to your case, I was thinking that 5 emails are too unlikely to be a glitch or coincidence. See, my last name starts with S and I interviewed Nov 12 so I shouldve been the last of the last to get the email lol but I got the email on Tuesday at 9:58 CST.

Yeah to add to your case, I was thinking that 5 emails are too unlikely to be a glitch or coincidence. See, my last name starts with S and I interviewed Nov 12 so I shouldve been the last of the last lol but I got the email on Tuesday at 9:58 CST.
Yeah I was thinking of you when I stated that the alphabetical issue was highly unlikely lol :laugh:. I just hope that the waitlist moves a lot this year so a lot of us who actually love UDM will have the opportunity to go.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I was thinking of you when I stated that the alphabetical issue was highly unlikely lol :laugh:. I just hope that the waitlist moves a lot this year so a lot of us who actually love UDM will have the opportunity to go.
Seriously, amen.

I received my waitlist confirmation at 2:10pm today :)

I received the first and second waitlist emails and I responded to both to confirm my spot. I just got an email from Ms. Blackburn saying she forgot to un-check the first round offers before sending out the second round. Maybe that somewhat adds credence to the ordering of the waitlist.

I received the first and second waitlist emails and I responded to both to confirm my spot. I just got an email from Ms. Blackburn saying she forgot to un-check the first round offers before sending out the second round. Maybe that somewhat adds credence to the ordering of the waitlist.
Loll she said that to Me too.. yesterday morning when she confirmed my email the second time. That's why I was wondering.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man that pretty much seals the deal on that theory lol

Now the question is... How many people were in that batch +pity+

Loll well there were 5 different times (counted only on SDN) that the email was sent. So maybe if someone awesome could ask how many people are on the waitlist (I would but I'm at work till 6) ... we can divide that number by 5? loll

Do you rmr how many people were on the list last year? I thought it was like 200? If so, then probably 40 in each email segment. Pure speculation

Do you rmr how many people were on the list last year? I thought it was like 200? If so, then probably 40 in each email segment. Pure speculation
Woah are you sure it's 5? I thought I saw 3 but I wasn't keeping up. 5 Would be awesome. and all I remember last year is that me and 5 of my close friends were all waitlisted, all with good stats, and all 5 of us didn't get off the waitlist. There were a lot of people on the waitlist.
I also remember, regardless of how competitive last year was (UDM told me last year was the most competitive they've ever seen). There were waves of large movement around April time. This was because during this period of time people with multiple acceptances must choose one school to open up more spots. Also, around this time canadian dental schools accept students.

Woah are you sure it's 5? I thought I saw 3 but I wasn't keeping up. 5 Would be awesome. and all I remember last year is that me and 5 of my close friends were all waitlisted, all with good stats, and all 5 of us didn't get off the waitlist. There were a lot of people on the waitlist.
I also remember, regardless of how competitive last year was (UDM told me last year was the most competitive they've ever seen). There were waves of large movement around April time. This was because during this period of time people with multiple acceptances must choose one school to open up more spots. Also, around this time canadian dental schools accept students.
Yes, 5! I counted twice! Aww man :( well I hope this year is a little less competitive and many get off. That's true, I know those dates consist of the largest movement.

Can I ask if you are is or oos?

Nvm just saw your profile. I'm sure that in state applicant pool is insanely competive.

Last edited:
What about movement a little after Jan 1, when the first deposit is due?

Can I ask if you are is or oos?

Nvm just saw your profile. I'm sure that in state applicant pool is insanely competive.
Yeah, IS!

Yeah it is competitive man, but UofM having in state preference eases that competition a bit lol

What about movement a little after Jan 1, when the first deposit is due?
Just as a little disclaimer for me and everyone else so we don't get our hopes up too high, every year is different and for all we know all accepted students could stay at UDM. However, if things go how they usually do, there will be movement on all three deposit dates, primarily Jan 1st id assume because as you said that's the first deposit date. There will be slow movement afterwards until march/April then finally a final movement in June

So there had been some movements in deposit due dates?? I see..

Hey guys, I received an interview a few weeks back, scheduled for January 22. Seems very late judging by the activity in this thread.

I was also told I would receive supplemental questions, but I have not been sent anything. Could anyone post the questions as I would like to begin working on them.

Thank you

Hey guys, I received an interview a few weeks back, scheduled for January 22. Seems very late judging by the activity in this thread.

I was also told I would receive supplemental questions, but I have not been sent anything. Could anyone post the questions as I would like to begin working on them.

Thank you
Just be patient or call the office. I am pretty sure it is not allowed or it is frowned upon to post the supplemental on SDN

Thank you
You are not gonna get those questions from UDM anytime soon. They usually send them out couple days before your interview.

Thank you
I got my questions a couple weeks before my interview and had like 3 days to complete them.

Neither have I... ]:
I don't think its a big deal guys! At least you received the wait-list e-mail that's all that matters. They'll get back to you next week.

For anyone wondering, I just got my acceptance package today!
I'm a Michigan resident

Can I ask what your stats are?
3.85 gpa 3.78 sgpa
DAT 20AA/19TS/19PAT/23RC
108 hrs shadowing
Around 60 hrs volunteering
Played soccer through college, including my last 1.5 years at Detroit Mercy
Graduated this past summer

Through UPS? Weird, I'm also in Michigan and I haven't gotten mine yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You'll probably get yours soon because on last year's thread people were getting them around Dec. 11-14 and later. I live kind of near Detroit so maybe that's why I got mine quickly :)

I'm in Canada and received my acceptance package last Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

3.85 gpa 3.78 sgpa
DAT 20AA/19TS/19PAT/23RC
108 hrs shadowing
Around 60 hrs volunteering
Played soccer through college, including my last 1.5 years at Detroit Mercy
Graduated this past summer
How was your interview though? Were you able to answer their questions with confidence?

How was your interview though? Were you able to answer their questions with confidence?

From the feedback I was receiving I felt great about my interview. After answering the ethical questions the interviewer who was leading the interview told me that I answered the questions well, and he told me I was a very qualified applicant. We also shared some laughs and about how my experience sedating and castrating a rat in my physiology lab. I think my 17 on the BIO section of the DAT could be causing me some issues? Also, I didn't think about it until now but technically I have a W on my transcript. I chose to withdraw from a class that had only met 2 times (I was there for the first and dropped on the second meeting) because I was accepted into a shadowing program and got an on campus job. So, I dropped it to be at 16 credits instead of 19. I forgot to address this in my personal statement, and it didn't come up in the interview. Do you think this is something k should clear up in an email or phone call to the school?

how many people got rejections? I'm nervous I'm on the lower level on the waitlist

how many people got rejections? I'm nervous I'm on the lower level on the waitlist
You're most likely not on the lower list of the waitlist lol the theories we made up there are probably not accurate

For Christmas we all pray that 90% of people drop their seat to go to a cheaper school

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, is a return flight at 3:30 pm safe on my interview day? or should I book something later?

Hey guys, is a return flight at 3:30 pm safe on my interview day? or should I book something later?
What time is the interview? If it is in the morning, 3:30 should be fine. Gluck

Hey guys, what is the video interview about? Did anyone get that email before their actual in-person interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.