2018 **** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to University of Detroit Mercy (UDM) School of Dentistry Class of 2022 thread!
Last year thread (class of 2021): Click Here
Thread for Class of 2020: Click Here

Post your questions, comments, interview dates, and stats here. I am willing to answer questions about the application procedure or anything else.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Post your questions, comments, interview dates, and stats here. I am willing to answer questions about the application procedure or anything else.

Will you be attending UDM?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take for the school to acknowledge they received the supplement fee? I sent the money order on 6/14. Still haven't received anything.

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it take for the school to acknowledge they received the supplement fee? I sent the money order on 6/14. Still haven't received anything.

I sent mine last week. I called yesterday to check and they are closed till July 10. Also sent my highschool transcript yesterday.

If we could pay using a credit card it'd be so much faster

I sent mine last week. I called yesterday to check and they are closed till July 10. Also sent my highschool transcript yesterday.

We have to send our high school transcript?

ok thanks for the update!

Does anyone know if the minimum DAT score of 19 in each section is a hard/set on stone rule, or do they make exceptions ?

Does anyone know if the minimum DAT score of 19 in each section is a hard/set on stone rule, or do they make exceptions ?

I feel although they worded it that way, that's a recommendation, otherwise thats a really harsh sub section cut off that I don't think any other school has. There are members from last years thread who got interviews with dat less than 18 in important sections like RC

Did you guys already send in the fee and 2x2 photo? I saw that last year people were invited to the interview without submitting those beforehand.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email saying they've received my application and to send in my sup fee/photo.

Did you receive confirmation that they received your fee?

I emailed them about confirming they received our fees/photo and they said since the school was closed till July 10, they have a bunch of files to go through. So don't worry much if you haven't received any confirmation yet, as neither have I. And yes apparently people last year got interviews before their supp and pics were received.

Reactions: 1 users
They should be sending out invites soon. They started interviewing late August last year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Lol i got an email saying they received my app fee and my heart sank thinking it was an II...

Hmm my status changed from Received/Waiting Additionally info to "None"

Hmm my status changed from Received/Waiting Additionally info to "None"
Did you guys also get an email recently saying that they received your supp fee and photo? I guess that means they're preparing to send out invites. According to previous years, it should be around this time. Hopefully they should start next week.

Did you guys also get an email recently saying that they received your supp fee and photo? I guess that means they're preparing to send out invites. According to previous years, it should be around this time. Hopefully they should start next week.

I did!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ya I got the email but they didn't mention anything about my 2x2 photo (it was in the same envelop as the check so prob no issues)

I also sent my highschool transcript around 2 weeks ago (for Canadians) but didn't get a specific confirmation yet.

interview invited , either August 26th or September 9th

Reactions: 2 users
Just an update for people applying, I received an invitation for an interview today (Applied on July 14th, Payment & 2x2 photo were received July 19th)

Open to any questions you guys might have.

Good luck! :)

Just an update for people applying, I received an invitation for an interview today (Applied on July 14th, Payment & 2x2 photo were received July 19th)

Open to any questions you guys might have.

Good luck! :)
Congrats! Residency?

Also just received an interview. I'm out of state. I interviewed here last cycle and LOVED it.

Interview #2
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 7/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/23
Application complete date: 7/20
GPA: 3.62 uGPA, 3.88 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA / 20 TS / 19 PAT /18 RC / only QR below 17

Also just received an interview. I'm out of state. I interviewed here last cycle and LOVED it.

Ooh can you expand on your interview experience at UDM?!

Ooh can you expand on your interview experience at UDM?!
It's 2 on 1 for about 40-45 minutes. I guess it depends who your interviewers were, but mine were extremely laid back and very outgoing. They asked simple interview questions (nothing that would shock you or anything) and a couple ethical questions. It was my favorite interview experience.

Also, may I ask why you think they did not accept you post interview the first time?
Probably because my GPA is low. I know I did well in the interview, but I'm assuming many others did well and I know their GPA is higher than mine so when I was compared with the other students, my GPA is what hurt me. I'm doing a post bacc currently to hopefully "fix" it.

This is all an assumption of course. I am not strong with interviews, but I know my interview at Detroit was.

What would be the best airport/closest to get to the school?

is the application station thing also making you guys pay $100?

I havent finished with the set up of my account, I can't believe it is that expensive

I know, but we're so lucky to have an interview UDM. Tell that to yourself as your paying so it doesn't hurt as much.

I was hoping that it was just a fluke on my end ugh

Interview Invite today!! Super pumped!!

1st interview!!!
Notification Date: 7/24
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall) 3.48, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 23/ TS 22/ PAT 20/ Reading 23, none below 17

Wait... It said the fee was 100$ but when I go ahead and check my email - I'm sent a receipt of $32.50 ???

Hmm maybe they just authorize your card for $100 but only charge you $32.50

Got the invite wohooo!!!

Is the video question thing new for this cycle?

My first interview invite!!
Notification date: 7/24
Residency: MI
Application fully complete and submitted date: 6/29 (if I remember correctly)
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/22/QR 17

Status
Not open for further replies.