2018 **** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will anyone be wearing headphones when they answer the questions or will it seem unprofessional? I want to have good sound quality vs using the built in speaker of my MacBook which may not sound as clear.

I did the registration and set up but I'm planning to do the real thing after my finals this week. In the setup they have you test your camera, internet speed, and mic. You can play back your setup vid and it see how it sounds. I thought it was pretty clear, just relying on my computer mic.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just did the video interview. If you haven't done the practice questions yet, they'll give you a question, you'll have 30 seconds to think of your answer, and then 1 minute to reply. I won't reveal the questions to be fair.

I personally thought that the video interview was more chill than I thought. That being said, I don't know how much it will affect us in the long-run. Anyway, just take a deep breath and answer honestly. For goodness sake it's due tomorrow. Good luck!

Did anyone get a connection error upon submitting? I pressed retry and it went through and I got a confirmation, but seeing that error at first scared me lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Questions weren't bad, but that 1 minute time limit was brutal!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
As in too short or too long? Or just the fact that it was timed?
Too short because sometimes I like to expand on my ideas but couldn't, and all I could think of was the time limit. I definitely did not do as well as I wanted, but hopefully it went ok.

But don't take it to heart, I suck at interviewing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Hello All,
I received an interview last week. For the background check the website is asking me to pay $200. I called the admissions office today and they said the fee should be $100. Can someone please clarify. Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
Hello All,
I received an interview last week. For the background check the website is asking me to pay $200. I called the admissions office today and they said the fee should be $100. Can someone please clarify. Thanks in advance! :)
it is 100 dollars. Use the link UDM sent you via email

Has anyone completed the Kira online interview? I'm curious how long it takes/what type of questions are asked

Has anyone completed the Kira online interview? I'm curious how long it takes/what type of questions are asked
Yeah the online video interview is supposed to be completed a week after receiving the email. It's pretty easy-going and quick. There's a total of 4 questions, typical interview questions.

Yeah the online video interview is supposed to be completed a week after receiving the email. It's pretty easy-going and quick. There's a total of 4 questions, typical interview questions.

please what were the questions if you dont mind sharing

Members don't see this ad :)
please what were the questions if you dont mind sharing

Question 1- UDM Mercy has made it mandatory that all students should carry a 8oz Listerine Bottle in order to promote Dental Health and deal with the bad breath epidemic that is sweeping the nation. How do you plan on sticking to this?

Question 2- Due to the high volume of SDNers applying to D School this upcoming cycle, there will be a likely increase in average DAT score by 3 points. Would you be willing to retake the DAT if you score below a 22 in any section?

Question 3- What is your Zodiac Sign?

Question 4- Written response on why you think it's unfair to give some students the answers to interview questions while hundreds of other applicants had to do the interview without that advantage?

Reactions: 17 users
Question 1- UDM Mercy has made it mandatory that all students should carry a 8oz Listerine Bottle in order to promote Dental Health and deal with the bad breath epidemic that is sweeping the nation. How do you plan on sticking to this?

Question 2- Due to the high volume of SDNers applying to D School this upcoming cycle, there will be a likely increase in average DAT score by 3 points. Would you be willing to retake the DAT if you score below a 22 in any section?

Question 4- Written response on why you think it's unfair to give some students the answers to interview questions while hundreds of other applicants had to do the interview without that advantage?

Thanks!

lol i thought id give it a chance. on a serious note, did you dress up for the online interview, like button down and tie?

Haha I did button down, tie, and suit

lol i thought id give it a chance. on a serious note, did you dress up for the online interview, like button down and tie?
I wore something similar to this

Attachments

• IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 2 users
The admission process on the school's website has a step 5 that says to follow up on your application and lists two different people and their emails. Did everybody send identical emails to both? And just a short mention of a completed application is all they expect, right?

The admission process on the school's website has a step 5 that says to follow up on your application and lists two different people and their emails. Did everybody send identical emails to both? And just a short mention of a completed application is all they expect, right?

huh??

Oh, I think that may be further into the application cycle. Like for people who haven't heard from UDM yet or are on waitlist. Can anyone else confirm?

I think step 5 is talking about what happens after you get an invite to the interview. I got an invite there and Bethsave was the one that I had to email to set an interview date.

I think step 5 is talking about what happens after you get an invite to the interview. I got an invite there and Bethsave was the one that I had to email to set an interview date.
Okay, so after sending the supplemental payment and photo in I'm done until I hopefully hear from them again? Thanks so much for the clarification

Okay, so after sending the supplemental payment and photo in I'm done until I hopefully hear from them again? Thanks so much for the clarification

I'm not an expert, but that is my experience with them.

where do you guys stay for the interview ? Any recommendation ?

Step 5 refers to your application before you get an interview. During the interview session last year, Dr. Jeffers said not to call or email the office about your application.

Dumb question but what address do we send the application fee and 2x2 photo to?

Dumb question but what address do we send the application fee and 2x2 photo to?

It says in the email they sent requesting the supplemental, if I remember correctly it was something like 2700 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.

Thanks. I got a bunch of emails telling me about the fee and photo but none of them explicitly listed where to send them to. I see that 2700 MLK Jr Blvd is contained within the email, but it's not explicitly mentioned as the correct place/person to send it to.

Thanks. I got a bunch of emails telling me about the fee and photo but none of them explicitly listed where to send them to. I see that 2700 MLK Jr Blvd is contained within the email, but it's not explicitly mentioned as the correct place/person to send it to.
send it to this address:
Admissions office
2700 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Detroit, MI 48216

For the online interview, are the questions general like "why do you want to be a dentist" or "why udm" or are they like "tell me about yourself" or are they ethical questions? I'm not asking for the questions because I know that's not fair, but I'm asking if they are general or ethical or both? Also how many questions are asked? Thank you in advance!

How does the in-person interview work. Does UDM accept most people who are invited to the interview, or do they really pick and choose who they want from the interviewees?

How does the in-person interview work. Does UDM accept most people who are invited to the interview, or do they really pick and choose who they want from the interviewees?

They accepted about 42% of OOS interviewees according to the latest ADEA guide.

How long was it before most of you heard back about interviews after your application was complete!? Thanks!

Is this the only question you get?

Is this the only question you get?

Wait... It said the fee was 100$ but when I go ahead and check my email - I'm sent a receipt of $32.50 ???

How much were you guys charged for the background screening? I paid the $100 but was charged $67.50.. There appears to be some inconsistency in what each person is charged. Can any Canadians comment on how much they were charged?

How much were you guys charged for the background screening? I paid the $100 but was charged $67.50.. There appears to be some inconsistency in what each person is charged. Can any Canadians comment on how much they were charged?
I think one of the disclosure statements that they show you when you register for the background check tells you that you are giving them authorization for them to charge you up to $100. Doesn't mean that you will be charged the full 100. Now, it may be different for each person, and I'm not sure why that is. But I was also charged something like $36 I think. I'm not Canadian.

I'm a Canadian and I got charged around the same thing unfortunately, so expensive! That was USD too!

I think it also depends on how many addresses they have to check. I moved around so mine was like $80. Maybe with Canadians it's the whole international aspect?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Welcome to University of Detroit Mercy (UDM) School of Dentistry Class of 2022 thread!
Last year thread (class of 2021): Click Here
Thread for Class of 2020: Click Here

Post your questions, comments, interview dates, and stats here. I am willing to answer questions about the application procedure or anything else.

Good luck!

What kind of question you asked on the Video interview ? Please if you don't mind?

Hey all,
For the background check, did you list your permanent addresses or your mailing addresses..? I am uncertain of how to fill out my addresses history for the past 7 years, because both my mailing and permanent addresses changed a couple of times due to school and my family moving around the country.

Hey all,
For the background check, did you list your permanent addresses or your mailing addresses..? I am uncertain of how to fill out my addresses history for the past 7 years, because both my mailing and permanent addresses changed a couple of times due to school and my family moving around the country.

I had the same situation. I just listed my current address as well as my parent’s address where I lived most of my life at. I didn’t list the apartments I lived at during undergrad and after the bg check was completed, it had those addresses listed as well.

Side note: I remember seeing you get a bunch of interviews last cycle. What went wrong if you don’t mind me asking?

If you're interviewing 9/16 let's get to know each other! Message me

I got charged the same and I'm Canadian as well. Came to like 86cdn after conversion

What kind of question you asked on the Video interview ? Please if you don't mind?
I did not have the video interview last year. I am sure the questions are not complicated and you can answer them easily.
Best of luck to you.

I had the same situation. I just listed my current address as well as my parent’s address where I lived most of my life at. I didn’t list the apartments I lived at during undergrad and after the bg check was completed, it had those addresses listed as well.

Side note: I remember seeing you get a bunch of interviews last cycle. What went wrong if you don’t mind me asking?

Either got rejected or waitlisted....haha

Status
Not open for further replies.