**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, still hoping for a call. I'm IS, last name starts with C, interviewed in September.
What is your status on AADSAS now?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call today at 8:50 am. Canadian and last name starts with M

Accepted!!! OOS, recieved the call at 10:38am EST.

I feel like constantly checking sdn is bad for my health. Nothing yet... last name M...

Reactions: 1 user
Are those of us with last name A out of luck?

Reactions: 1 users
Could you post your stats?

cGPA 3.57
DAT AA 23

I'd also like to add, just as some general thoughts, that everyone's journey is different. I know this is a really nerve wracking time of the year that can be filled with uncertainty, but please don't feel discouraged if you haven't heard anything yet. Remember that people, for the most part, will share their successes more than their failures. It's not fair to compare your "behind-the-scenes" with others' "highlight reel". You are all more than qualified in your own way to become dentists, and there's so much more to you than just stats. Carry your passion into everything you do and try your best to be patient. It took me two years to get to this point. Despite all the difficulties and trials this journey has brought, it also carried me here. So please have faith in the process and stay confident! If you haven't heard anything yet, you will eventually. In the mean time, do what you need to do to take care of yourselves, and know that one day you will be where you're meant to be.

:love:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know what to do if you miss the call? I received a missed call from the 734 number. I' m not sure whether to expect a call back or an email.

Call admission office right now!!!!!!
99% that was an acceptance call. Explain the situation too. Be like I have a missed call with area code 734, just want to know if it was a call from Dr. Jeffer's or not. They will be nice to you. Don't be scared. This is a call of your life.

If I remember correctly... at the end of the interview day, Dr. Jeffers said that they would call 260ish people for 140ish seats giving them a spot because he knows that not every person will accept a position at UDM. I was surprised at first, but it's not the man's first rodeo, so I assume he knows what he's doing haha
That’s really tricky. What if All of those 260 people take their the accpentaces??? They be like “ sorry but I’m taking your acceptance back I hope you don’t commit a suicide lol”

ACCEPTANCE #2 UDM!!! At 10.02 AM EST. I asked him how they were doing this and they said it's by time zones! Got through half the list yesterday and the rest today!

Edit: Canadian resident

Last edited:
ACCEPTANCE #2 UDM!!! At 10.02 AM EST. I asked him how they were doing this and they said it's by time zones! Got through half the list yesterday and the rest today!

Does that mean they did east coast yesterday??

They're going by time zones? So all the midwest/east are already done?

I wouldn't say that! I think they did half of the east/west yesterday and now half today.

hmm okay. I guess they'll do West coast last so hopefully they're still doing midwest calls right now...if it gets to evening I dont think I'll get a call

hmm okay. I guess they'll do West coast last so hopefully they're still doing midwest calls right now...if it gets to evening I dont think I'll get a call
Goodluck! Wish you all the best! IF you don't get a call today, that means you're on the waitlist which tends to move pretty fast for UDM!

Goodluck! Wish you all the best! IF you don't get a call today, that means you're on the waitlist which tends to move pretty fast for UDM!
Congrats! Are you leaning towards UDM or temple?

99% that was an acceptance call. Explain the situation too. Be like I have a missed call with area code 734, just want to know if it was a call from Dr. Jeffer's or not. They will be nice to you. Don't be scared. This is a call of your life.

Yes, it was an acceptance!!!! So excited!!!!!

Just got a call! I'm OOS with the last name LEE.

Accepted today: last name initial: N
Interview date: September 22
Gpa: 3.4
DAT: 21aa22ts

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Well, they have 260 to call. How long does it take per call? If it's 5 min per call, then that would be 12 people per hour, thus almost 22 hours of calling to do.

Well they apparently went from about 8am-10pm yesterday and started at 7 or 8am today. So they might have already done 22 hours...hopefully they're not done though.

That’s really tricky. What if All of those 260 people take their the accpentaces??? They be like “ sorry but I’m taking your acceptance back I hope you don’t commit a suicide lol”
That was my first thought when he said that. I suppose they must be using data from past years and know what they're doing. But in the acceptance email it said "provisional acceptance" which I thought was interesting

That was my first thought when he said that. I suppose they must be using data from past years and know what they're doing. But in the acceptance email it said "provisional acceptance" which I thought was interesting

Provisional acceptance just means you have to keep up your GPA, complete outstanding prerequisites, etc.

guess we will be waiting till january to hear back from UDM when ppl decline their offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.