**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in general, do most people come off of the waitlist by January?
i was just reading last year's acceptance thread, seem like a big list of ppl get accepted off wait list

Members don't see this ad.

i was just reading last year's acceptance thread, seem like a big list of ppl get accepted off wait list

By "big list" do you mean over 50% or something significant like that?

Also, knowing when the first seat deposit is due will give us an idea of when people might be getting off of the waitlist..

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing calls are done then? Best of luck to all the waiting list people. They said they take a ton of people off it but last year I was on it and didnt get in, so idk

So I wrote my Canadian DAT this November 2018 but I used my old DAT results for this application cycle (since the new results wont come in time). Could I send the new results when they come out if they're better, in hopes of being considered for acceptance for this cycle? Or is it too late? Not sure if anyone would know! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
wait.. so waitlist people already know? or will they email later to let us know if we got waitlisted/rejected?

wait.. so waitlist people already know? or will they email later to let us know if we got waitlisted/rejected?
I think they will email us in a few days for waitlist. And you should know if you are rejected by now. If u haven’t heard anything, you are prob waitlisted or maybe accepted if they r still calling tmr

Reactions: 1 user
I think they will email us in a few days for waitlist. And you should know if you are rejected by now. If u haven’t heard anything, you are prob waitlisted or maybe accepted if they r still calling tmr

Calls are done, its waitlist or reject tomorrow.

Calls are done, its waitlist or reject tomorrow.
Well if they sent out rejections on Monday, and it was most likely just an automated generic email, is there any reason to think that you have been rejected if you weren't notified then?

Is the “alternate candidate” list the same as “wait list”? Did everyone here get put on the alternate candidate list?

Is the “alternate candidate” list the same as “wait list”? Did everyone here get put on the alternate candidate list?
Yeah, same thing. And no, there were people who received straight up rejections after interview on Monday.

Yeah, same thing. And no, there were people who received straight up rejections after interview on Monday.
I mean ppl who werent rejected on monday.
Lol didnt they say “a small group of highly qualified alternate candidate”, it’s probably over 100 ppl on that list then

I mean ppl who werent rejected on monday.
Lol didnt they say “a small group of highly qualified alternate candidate”, it’s probably over 100 ppl on that list then

100 people would be a small waitlist. It’s probably much higher but we still got hope!

100 people would be a small waitlist. It’s probably much higher but we still got hope!
But rmb, they gave out like 260(?) acceptances for 140(?) spots. 121 ppl have to decline their offers before the waitlist moves

Dr. Jeffers told us something like only 120 people or so are expected to pay the deposit by January 3, from previous experience.

Anyone interviewed last Friday (12/01) got in, waitlisted, or rejected? I think I bombed my interview so I am waiting rejection email but got nothing.

Waitlisted

I’m confused?? Past years have given students a numerical ranking

I don't think that was the case. Where did you get this information from?
Well Dr. Jeffers did say it is ranked. However, you will never be told what your ranking is if you asked because things change quickly. And if you do ask and it comes across as annoying to them, they can move your ranking further down.

Well Dr. Jeffers did say it is ranked. However, you will never be told what your ranking is if you asked because things change quickly. And if you do ask and it comes across as annoying to them, they can move your ranking further down.

Well I know it could be ranked but I don't think the applicants were ever given this information.

Well I know it could be ranked but I don't think the applicants were ever given this information.
Well at my interview they said it is ranked. They just won't disclose where you are ranked.

Reactions: 3 users
just got an email about the Alternate list clarification. are we supposed to reply to the main email if we want to be put on the waitlist???
aren't we automatically on the list already???

just got an email about the Alternate list clarification. are we supposed to reply to the main email if we want to be put on the waitlist???
aren't we automatically on the list already???
I thought I heard something from Dr. Jeffers saying that we had to respond within a certain time, otherwise our application goes to the discard pile. On the other hand, this email says we are on the wait list until we tell them to remove us. Does somebody wanna call to ask?

I thought I heard something from Dr. Jeffers saying that we had to respond within a certain time, otherwise our application goes to the discard pile. On the other hand, this email says we are on the wait list until we tell them to remove us. Does somebody wanna call to ask?

They just sent an email clarification. Respond yes or no about the alternate list.

"Good afternoon applicants,

We know you're all anxious, but please do not call us asking about your ranking of where you sit on the alternate (waitlist) list. To be clear:
All we need from you is a response saying "Yes, put me on the alternate list." or "No, thank you, I do not wish to be on the alternate list."

Thank you for your patience,

Office of Admissions"

Just called,they said you will be placed on the waitlist unless you say no. So if you want to be placed on the waitlist, you don't need to do anything.

Idk about the whole ranking thing, they told us this year and laast year that it was random. The email also says it is random. However, they also said most of the people get taken off the waitlist, not sure how likely that is. They already had twice as many acceptances as the number of seats, and now they're going to be taking most of the people off the 100+ member waitlist? That seems kinda crazy

Just called,they said you will be placed on the waitlist unless you say no. So if you want to be placed on the waitlist, you don't need to do anything.

Idk about the whole ranking thing, they told us this year and laast year that it was random. The email also says it is random. However, they also said most of the people get taken off the waitlist, not sure how likely that is. They already had twice as many acceptances as the number of seats, and now they're going to be taking most of the people off the 100+ member waitlist? That seems kinda crazy
Well from their experience, around half or slightly less of those accepted Dec 3 are expected to pay the deposit.

I haven't received an email for the alternative list yet. Does it go by the same order as acceptances?

I haven't received an email for the alternative list yet. Does it go by the same order as acceptances?

Doubtful- I’m on the west coast and received an email a few hours ago. Double check your application portal for a rejection and your junk folder!

Don't see a reason for them to not go out at the same time. It's a generic mass email. Check you spam, and if still nothing, maybe call to ask what your status is.

Do they put EVERYONE that does not get an acceptance but an interview on the waitlist? or is it REALLY a Select FEW?!?!

Did anyone who interviewed on dec 1st get the alternate list mail? I didn’t get one and it’s makng me nervous

Do they put EVERYONE that does not get an acceptance but an interview on the waitlist? or is it REALLY a Select FEW?!?!
I was wondering the same thing... by few do they mean a few hundred, a hundred... Since not eveyone has received the alternate list email it seems, maybe it is smaller than normal.

There were people who got rejection (after interview) emails on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.