***** The Official University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

frentist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an applicant this upcoming cycle and noticed there was not a thread yet. Has anyone heard anything?

Link to last year's thread: ***** The Official University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw you started the SIU thread too lol! You an Illinois resident?

I haven't heard from uic either...but I took my DAT just last week so if they don't use unofficial scores then I will be waiting a few more weeks.

Just saw you started the SIU thread too lol! You an Illinois resident?

I haven't heard from uic either...but I took my DAT just last week so if they don't use unofficial scores then I will be waiting a few more weeks.
Yes I am In state and I got the email stating they have received my complete app at the end of july

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
School
: UIC
Notification date: 8/30/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/19
Application complete date: 6/10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/25/20/Yes-QR(16)

Really excited about this interview!

Interview #3
School

what's the first day for interviews?

is anyone going to there open house?

Did your status get changed
Interview #3
School

did your status get changed to under review?
also, congrats and good luck this weekend!

Did your status get changed

did your status get changed to under review?
also, congrats and good luck this weekend!

My status says Invited for interview (See image below):

1568783369949.png

Thanks for the encouragement!

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who has interviewed here already, can you let us know how it went. I have a interview coming up in early October and it would help a lot just to get a feel of what the day is like.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS get an interview? Illinois is basically my second home and I've lived there before so I just wish I could show that lol.

For anyone who has interviewed here already, can you let us know how it went. I have a interview coming up in early October and it would help a lot just to get a feel of what the day is like.

I had my interview earlier this month. PM me and I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Got an invite today. I'm in state!

I got an interview! So excited its my top! Any advice for the interview for this cycle?

I got an interview! So excited its my top! Any advice for the interview for this cycle?
congrats, this is my top choice. when did you get the invite and when did you submit a complete app?

congrats, this is my top choice. when did you get the invite and when did you submit a complete app?
Thank you! My complete app was submitted in the very beginning of June and I got the invite November 1st

Thank you! My complete app was submitted in the very beginning of June and I got the invite November 1st
congrats, best of luck!

For anyone wondering still about UIC, they only send out 175 interview invites total this cycle. Only two OOS will be accepted. I interviewed the first week of October and anyone feel free to reach out if you have questions

For anyone wondering still about UIC, they only send out 175 interview invites total this cycle. Only two OOS will be accepted. I interviewed the first week of October and anyone feel free to reach out if you have questions
Hey, where did you hear that they will only accept 2 OOS?

Theyre calling and emailing now. One by one. I think theyre going by last name down the list. Don't lose hope

Any update on where in the alphabet they are? I've heard nothing and I'm a J

Got an email but no call

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Where’d you hear that?

Braulia told my group the day of the interview they’ll be sending out calls from 8:30am-12:30pm. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t misinterpret what she said.

Braulia told my group the day of the interview they’ll be sending out calls from 8:30am-12:30pm. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t misinterpret what she said.

Do you remember if she said if they’d call the next day/into the next week also?

I’m about 99% sure she said they’d hand out calls between 8:30-12:30 and if you didn’t receive a call that implies that your waitlisted; unless you received an email rejection. I remember her saying no news is still good news, something along those lines.

Got accepted today first via email, then followed by a call from Carolyn