2018 ***The Official University of Iowa Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badgers2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not see Iowa's page so I figured I'd start it up.

I just received my interview invitation today (7/2). I'm an OOS applicant who visited this spring and absolutely loved the school. Can't wait to go back!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
is there a supplemental fee for iowa?

Members don't see this ad :)
I assume the fee email should be coming in tomorrow? You didn't get one yet right?

Last edited:
No, just the interview email. I find it strange that they're making us wait to pay them. Why not just put everything in the same email?

I don't know, I'm not complaining! It's great that they are already sending interview invites and that we can go ahead and pick the date that's going to work the best for us.

Reactions: 1 users
Once you pay any idea how to find the interview scheduling?
Or do they have to send you another email?

Quick question, So the $60 fee is only paid if you get invited for an interview only?

Members don't see this ad :)
This question is for Iowa natives: how did you list your activities for the past 3 years? Bullet points, short sentences, etc? I have a lot to put down, and 500 characters is not enough room lol. Thanks!

Does anyone know typically how many people are interviewed at Iowa (in-state, out of state)?

Does anyone know typically how many people are interviewed at Iowa (in-state, out of state)?
There like a 50% chance if you're resident. If you're OOs I think is like between 1/30-1/40 or something like that so more difficult

IIRC just under 70% of in-state applicants will receive interviews and of those interviewed, roughly 80 percent will be accepted. Not so confident about the out-of-state numbers, but 1/30-1/40 doesn't sound too far off for OOS acceptances...

I found these numbers online from one of the stickied threads:

Out of state:

Applicants: 824
# Interviewed: 151
# Accepted: 78

IS:
Applicants: 106
# Interviewed: 73
# Accepted: 60

If you're instate, you have roughly an 82% chance of being accepted if you've interviewed. If OOS, you have around 52% chance.
Hope this helps everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm pretty sure only like 20-25 out of state get accepted and about 55-60 in-state get accepted

I'm pretty sure only like 20-25 out of state get accepted and about 55-60 in-state get accepted
I think those are the numbers for enrollment but many people get accepted but don't attend

Congrats, What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing? Also, what interview dates did they give you?
22AA 23TS 28PAT. GPA >3.85. I still have not chosen my interview date. I believe they let you choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone who got an interview thus far, what date are you interviewing?

I picked the first date: Friday, September 8th

I'm scheduled for an interview on Thursday, September 14th

I scheduled my interview for the 25th, but I'm struggling to find the secondary app itself. Could anyone help me out please?

I'm sorry :(
Can I know when app was complete and your stat?
Got email from them that app was received and they will begin reviewing July 2nd, but my committee letter wasn't sent until July 11th but I never got confirmation from them, 3.62 gpa and 23 DAT

Got email from them that app was received and they will begin reviewing July 2nd, but my committee letter wasn't sent until July 11th but I never got confirmation from them, 3.62 gpa and 23 DAT
:O you have great stat! Good luck with your other choices. Yap, agreed. Iowa is the only school that hasn't sent out any type of confirmation email to me, so I'm a bit worried (submitted ~2,3 weeks ago, verified long before that).

From what I have seen from this year and from a couple past years, to get an invite to Iowa as an out of state student you need to be applying in June and have a high GPA with at least their average DAT if not a little higher. They send out interview invites very early so spots just fill up for their OOS invites, and they gotta leave room for the in-state kids.

From what I have seen from this year and from a couple past years, to get an invite to Iowa as an out of state student you need to be applying in June and have a high GPA with at least their average DAT if not a little higher. They send out interview invites very early so spots just fill up for their OOS invites, and they gotta leave room for the in-state kids.
I know somebody with like 3.3 GPA and applied middle of July and got an interview. They give interviews within 1 week of applying typically. They're very fast.

If I have not heard back from Iowa yet, do you think I should call/email them to inquire about my status? I had everything complete on June 26th but I have not been offered an interview or deferred as of now.

If I have not heard back from Iowa yet, do you think I should call/email them to inquire about my status? I had everything complete on June 26th but I have not been offered an interview or deferred as of now.
No because they have your application. They're still actively inviting people. Just hang tight.

Just got an interview invite! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.