**The Official University of Iowa Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

TurtleEnthusiast

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Just thought I would start a new thread for Iowa since I haven't seen it yet! Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Link to interview prep: University of Iowa School of Dentistry & Dental Clinics Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to last year's thread: University of Iowa Dental Interview Class of 2023

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone has any questions about Iowa or the Iowa City area, I am here to help from Iowa originally and went to the University of Iowa for my undergrad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Application Deferred...
Hopefully some better news to follow in the coming months.
DAT: 20AA 19TS PAT 20 none below 18
GPA: o3.56 s3.70
residency: MN

Hey, I just wanna say good luck to the people who are interviewing on the 13th!

Reactions: 1 user
Application Deferred...
Hopefully some better news to follow in the coming months.
DAT: 20AA 19TS PAT 20 none below 18
GPA: o3.56 s3.70
residency: MN

I got deferred early last month too....

Did you get your deferred email within 1 hour of getting the "application received" email too?

GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/25/23/None
Residency: Alaska

I got deferred early last month too....

Did you get your deferred email within 1 hour of getting the "application received" email too?

GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/25/23/None
Residency: Alaska

Actually no. I received the application received email very quickly after I submitted at the end of June then didn't hear about the deferral until the end of July.
Haven't heard anything since.

Do you mind sharing your stats? Kinda worried. Haven’t heard anything back since submitting my app in June.

I am in the same boat as well. Submitted late June and haven't heard anything. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyone know or heard of what days they typically conduct interviews on? is it like fridays or mondays?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know or heard of what days they typically conduct interviews on? is it like fridays or mondays?

I believe the interview days vary; the one on August was a Tuesday, and the next one in September is on a Monday.

I believe the interview days vary; the one on August was a Tuesday, and the next one in September is on a Monday.

Thanks! Everything came through & my options ended up being from A mix too, Monday, Thursday or Friday.

I sent my application in early June and haven't heard about interviews or deferral. I did get an email on 8/5 about Iowa student well-being and on 9/2 about IASDA. Does everyone who applied get those emails?

I sent my application in early June and haven't heard about interviews or deferral. I did get an email on 8/5 about Iowa student well-being and on 9/2 about IASDA. Does everyone who applied get those emails?

Exact same position.

Interview invite via e-mail today at 4:30 PM! Submitted early June, did not hear anything until today.

AA: 20 (cGPA: 3.4)
TS: 18 (sGPA: 3.0)

OOS!

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! Bernie Sanders is in town for tonight by the way, so take your nerves off by checking him or the rest of the city out, we’ve got this!

Reactions: 1 users
to those were interviewed, just wondering if the interview can be done by 2:30pm on the interview day? Thanks in advance for your reply!

to those were interviewed, just wondering if the interview can be done by 2:30pm on the interview day? Thanks in advance for your reply!
It doesn't get done till between 3:00-3:30 p.m. So don't book flights till about 5 p.m. or so. There is an airport about 20 mins away in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

It doesn't get done till between 3:00-3:30 p.m. So don't book flights till about 5 p.m. or so. There is an airport about 20 mins away in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Thanks so much for your reply, really appreciated!

Good luck to the first round of the October interviews starting tomorrow! Only 60 more days until the big day!

Did anyone else get a deferment email today? I submitted my application in July.

Did anyone else get a deferment email today? I submitted my application in July.

Just got one today. Better than a rejection or silence I guess.. haha. Also submitted my application in July.

Did anyone else still waiting for an interview invite receive the research email from Iowa today? Not sure if that is supposed to have any value or not. Does anyone know if there even any pre-December interviews still available for Iowa?

Did anyone else still waiting for an interview invite receive the research email from Iowa today? Not sure if that is supposed to have any value or not. Does anyone know if there even any pre-December interviews still available for Iowa?

I believe these are the types of emails they send out to everyone who applied, regardless if they’ve already interviewed, have been invited to interview, or are still waiting to hear back.

I believe these are the types of emails they send out to everyone who applied, regardless if they’ve already interviewed, have been invited to interview, or are still waiting to hear back.
That makes sense. So anti-climatic to get an email like that when you're waiting to hear back for an interview!

Hey guys! Anyone know how the writing portion of the interview day goes? Also, it isn’t MMI style anymore is it? I didn’t think it was, but just read someone from this interview cycle said they had MMI.

2 interviews each 15 mins
Writing portion is easy don’t stress.

Just wondering if anyone's AADSAS status has been changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Check Back to Dec 2nd" after the interview day so far?

Mine changed from “Invited to Interview” back to “Application Received/Under Review”

Does anyone know if Iowa is done sending out interview invites? Is it true that they don't conduct any post-December interviews?

Almost just one month left before the Dec 2nd. For those who were interviewed OOS applicants in August and September, just wondering if your AADSAS status has been changed to "Received/Under review" or "Check back to Dec 2nd" from "Invited for interview". Thanks in advance for your update!

Almost just one month left before the Dec 2nd. For those who were interviewed OOS applicants in August and September, just wondering if your AADSAS status has been changed to "Received/Under review" or "Check back to Dec 2nd" from "Invited for interview". Thanks in advance for your update!

I still have invited for interview as my status from when I interviewed back in September. I don’t know if the labels mean much/are accurate of real time decisions, but all we can do is wait at this point! I’ve been counting down from 75 days and I’m so excited!

OOS, interviewed in October, and still “Invited for Interview.” Was wondering if there was historically any significance in the statuses as well!

Just got an interview invite from them, and in it they said that they recommend scheduling an interview within two weeks from the date the email was sent, so they are still doing pre-dec emails it seems!

Just got an interview invite from them, and in it they said that they recommend scheduling an interview within two weeks from the date the email was sent, so they are still doing pre-dec emails it seems!
Correct they don't have post December interviews to my knowledge though.

Congrats! When did you apply, and was your application previously deferred?

With it being pretty late in the interview cycle, I am hesitant to pay the $60 fee to create a student ID just to see available remaining dates in the case that I am unavailable for those remaining dates, and there's not a ton of information online about the school so I just don't know a ton about the program. For anyone who has visited campus and/or interviewed, what stood out to you about the University of Iowa's dental program??

With it being pretty late in the interview cycle, I am hesitant to pay the $60 fee to create a student ID just to see available remaining dates in the case that I am unavailable for those remaining dates, and there's not a ton of information online about the school so I just don't know a ton about the program. For anyone who has visited campus and/or interviewed, what stood out to you about the University of Iowa's dental program??
They have every speciality. You rotate through each of these in your third year. You are getting hands on your first year doing cleanings. Technology is astounding with a world class hospital and biomedical engineering program which make this technology possible. Tons of research. People are just genuinely nice being in the Midwest and all. Fourth year you are seeing your own patients basically practicing.

Last edited: