***The Official University of Louisville Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetree24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to University of Louisville School of Dentistry Class of 2023 thread! Best of luck to everyone!

Last year's thread: Class of 2022

Link to interview prep: University of Louisville School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting this started. I saw on another thread that someone has already received an interview from UofL.

Reactions: 1 user
what's the school's timeline? last year, interviews were sent on the 4th of August.

Members don't see this ad :)
what's the school's timeline? last year, interviews were sent on the 4th of August.

I saw on the main interview thread that someone has already been offered an interview, so maybe slightly earlier this year.

I saw on the main interview thread that someone has already been offered an interview, so maybe slightly earlier this year.
Yea I saw that too. If I remember correctly, I think they were IS with extremely good stats. So that could be the reason for such an early invite.

Yea I saw that too. If I remember correctly, I think they were IS with extremely good stats. So that could be the reason for such an early invite.
I’m the person who posted about having an interview invitation already! I am in state but my stats are only slightly above average. However, this is my third time applying and I have a significant amount of volunteer work, as well as dental research! As well as almost having finished my masters! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I’m the person who posted about having an interview invitation already! I am in state but my stats are only slightly above average. However, this is my third time applying and I have a significant amount of volunteer work, as well as dental research! As well as almost having finished my masters! :)
Thanks for clarifying! Oh and.....CONGRATS on your interview

Just received an interview invite! OOS applicant with a 22AA and 3.92gpa

Reactions: 2 users
Just received my second interview invite! Sooooo happy.

Reactions: 1 users
Received interview invite for September 24th. Out of state applicant.
AA: 24
PAT: 23
sGPA: 3.96

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many rounds of interviews they do?

Good luck!

Last edited:
I received an interview invite a few weeks ago for aug 27th OOS

Has anyone who’s application was complete in mid- to late-July heard anything?

Has anyone else received the email about a webinar? Trying to decipher if they sent it to everyone or just the ones they want to interview. Trying to remain hopeful.

Has anyone else received the email about a webinar? Trying to decipher if they sent it to everyone or just the ones they want to interview. Trying to remain hopeful.
I received one as well, my guess is they send it to everyone. The question is though, by attending do we have a better chance at landing an interview?

They send it to everyone that applied to UofL. 9 other schools are doing the same thing, with CWRU putting one on last week. My opinion is that it won't help gain an interview but could possibly help you if you are invited for an interview later on. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.

Glad I wasn’t the only one that came here to post this! I received it as well, and I’m not sure what to think of it lol.

They send it to everyone that applied to UofL. 9 other schools are doing the same thing, with CWRU putting one on last week. My opinion is that it won't help gain an interview but could possibly help you if you are invited for an interview later on. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.
As painful as that is. It's probably true. When will UoL send out a batch of interviews though? I've heard of only a handful receiving interviews here and there.

I have only received an email stating— “Your application to the University of Louisville School of Dentistry DMD Program is now complete and no further action is needed at this time. Complete applications are with the Admissions Committee for review.”

That was on Aug 8th. So far I have one interview and one denial.

DAT: 22 TS
22AA
sGPA: 3.65

I have only received an email stating— “Your application to the University of Louisville School of Dentistry DMD Program is now complete and no further action is needed at this time. Complete applications are with the Admissions Committee for review.”

That was on Aug 8th. So far I have one interview and one denial.

DAT: 22 TS
22AA
sGPA: 3.65

When was your app submitted/completed?

Just received an interview invite! OOS applicants. 20 AA, 20 PAT, 19 TS.

Just received an interview invite! OOS applicants. 20 AA, 20 PAT, 19 TS.

Congratulations! When was your app submitted and did you receive an email from UofL stating that your app was complete? If so, when? Trying to get a read on their timeline.

Congratulations! When was your app submitted and did you receive an email from UofL stating that your app was complete? If so, when? Trying to get a read on their timeline.

I submitted 7/27 and was verified 7/28. I received the email from Louisville saying my app was complete on 8/3. Interview email today 8/16!

I submitted 7/27 and was verified 7/28. I received the email from Louisville saying my app was complete on 8/3. Interview email today 8/16!

Wow, that turn around time is crazy!

Does anyone have interesting facts about school? Curious to learn from current students! Thank you in advance

Reactions: 2 users

Wow that’s awesome! That’s pretty much what happened with me and LECOM. I wonder how they select for interviews? My app was submitted earlier but was not verified (due to DAT scores) until Aug 8th.

Congrats though! UofL is great! It’s such a family environment there. I’ll put my neck out there and say that you will love it!

Wow that’s awesome! That’s pretty much what happened with me and LECOM. I wonder how they select for interviews? My app was submitted earlier but was not verified (due to DAT scores) until Aug 8th.

Congrats though! UofL is great! It’s such a family environment there. I’ll put my neck out there and say that you will love it!

Thank you! I’ve heard great things about UofL! I’m really excited for the interview, but also really nervous!

Does any past applicant know if Louisville intentionally passes over students with high stats? I’ve heard rumors that some schools do this. I think it’s a devilish practice but I’ve still heard that it is done. My application was done 7/12. 24 AA with no section under 20. 4.0 GPA. Great ECs. Have they passed over me?

Does any past applicant know if Louisville intentionally passes over students with high stats? I’ve heard rumors that some schools do this. I think it’s a devilish practice but I’ve still heard that it is done. My application was done 7/12. 24 AA with no section under 20. 4.0 GPA. Great ECs. Have they passed over me?

Are you IS or OOS?

For people who received interviews, how far apart were your interview invites from your email saying your application was complete? My application was complete on AADSAS on 8/10 (was waiting on the committee letter), and I got the email today, 8/28 that my application was complete from UofL (I got emails from a few other schools that my application was complete much earlier). Thanks in advance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.