****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWeather2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--------------------
Congrats!! :welcome:
Class of 2023 FB group.
Link to Facebook group: Log into Facebook | Facebook
-------------------

Who out there is applying to the University of Michigan School of Dentistry Class of 2023?! Go Blue!!:biglove:

[Entering Class Profile]
2018 stats.png

:eek: UMich Official Social Media
-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Umichdent
-Instagram: UMich School of Dentistry (@umichdentistry) • Instagram photos and videos
-YouTube: UMichDent

:cool: UMich Dental Students Blog
https://wolverinebytes.org

:luck: [IMPORTANT] Previous years' threads
University of Michigan School of Dentistry - Previous threads

:wideyed: Link to interview prep: University of Michigan School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

qs rank.png

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
do they email you about the secondary fee, or do you just pay it online?

Got "application received" email. Submitted 6/12.

I got an "Application completed" email on 6/20 stating that my app is currently being reviewed by the admission committee. Kinda weird because my app was verified 6/18 while my gf had her app verified a week before mine but just today received the 'application received' email.

I got an "Application completed" email on 6/20 stating that my app is currently being reviewed by the admission committee. Kinda weird because my app was verified 6/18 while my gf had her app verified a week before mine but just today received the 'application received' email.
Did they actually say that your app is under review, or just that they have received your app?

Did they actually say that your app is under review, or just that they have received your app?
Dear XXX,

The Admissions Team has finished processing your DDS application! Your application is now complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. Please note that the review process occurs on a rolling basis.

We appreciate your patience as the review process takes time due to the high volume of applications we receive. Please know that you will be contacted by email as soon as a decision has been made regarding your application.

Dear XXX,

The Admissions Team has finished processing your DDS application! Your application is now complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. Please note that the review process occurs on a rolling basis.

We appreciate your patience as the review process takes time due to the high volume of applications we receive. Please know that you will be contacted by email as soon as a decision has been made regarding your application.
Hmmm weird. My app was verified by AADSAS on the 11th and now they just received it... interesting

Did anyone get a confirmation that their supplemental fee was received? Or do they just email you once they start reviewing your app?

Did anyone get a confirmation that their supplemental fee was received? Or do they just email you once they start reviewing your app?
I got one saying that they would pair my fee with my application once my application was received.

Members don't see this ad :)
They sent me an email once they started processing my application, with a checklist of the items received (including the fee) and the items I’m missing

I think they start reviewing apps this month. According to somebody from the school, their first admissions committee meeting occurs mid July.

I did receive an email about my supplemental fee being received the next day. But it was only after 3 weeks or so that I got the application complete email.

Has anyone received an invitation to interview yet? Also, I submitted my application last week and received supplementals from most schools a couple days ago but not U of M yet, do they email it? Or do i have to find it on their website

Has anyone received an invitation to interview yet? Also, I submitted my application last week and received supplementals from most schools a couple days ago but not U of M yet, do they email it? Or do i have to find it on their website

I’m guessing they won’t send out interview invites for at least a few more weeks. And UM doesn’t have a supplemental. I just received my confirmation email a couple weeks ago and applied the first day the cycle opened.

Reactions: 1 users
I heard late July or early to mid August is when they send out their first batch of interview invites.

There is a secondary fee you have to pay, which can be found on their website!

Got email that they got my application today! 2 days post verification. Fee paid. Just waiting :) getting nervous

09/14/2018 is the first MMI date!
good luck

Followed by 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/19, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 1/18, and 1/25

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

quick peek of the dental building

My gf received an interview invite earlier today. Thought I should let you guys know since I'm not seeing anyone post anything about receiving one yet!

My gf received an interview invite earlier today. Thought I should let you guys know since I'm not seeing anyone post anything about receiving one yet!
Congratulations to her for sure! Is she instate?​

Anyone receive an interview invatation yet? Rumor of first interview September 14, I would think they would be sent out by now.

Does anyone elses app still say complete and not under review? I submitted june 5th and completed june 12th.

Does anyone elses app still say complete and not under review? I submitted june 5th and completed june 12th.

Mine doesn't! My application was complete August 10, I got an email from UMich on the 13th that it was complete, and my status is labeled as "Received/Application Complete."

Mine also just says Received/Application Complete. Mine has been verified and complete since June!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you receive an interview invite from UM? You are the earliest person I’ve seen to receive the app complete email from them

Did you receive an interview invite from UM? You are the earliest person I’ve seen to receive the app complete email from them
Nope, nothing yet! Doesn't seem like they have sent out a lot of interviews yet

Nope, nothing yet! Doesn't seem like they have sent out a lot of interviews yet
Hopefully a large batch of invites will be sent out this upcoming week. thanks for the response!

Hopefully a large batch of invites will be sent out this upcoming week. thanks for the response!
Apparently they sent the first batch on August 16. Just not a lot of people posted about it on here.

Apparently they sent the first batch on August 16. Just not a lot of people posted about it on here.
I see, well hopefully more get sent out this week. I would think the invites for the last 2 dates in sept would be sent this week? Who knows, but I’m rooting for all of us to get one!

They send out a total of around 300 invites for 10 dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an invite tonight (8/28) for an interview on September 21st. I sent my application on June 22 and received confirmation/verification on June 29!

Just got an invite tonight (8/28) for an interview on September 21st. I sent my application on June 22 and received confirmation/verification on June 29!
are you international? Cause the day just started in my state.

Does anyone know if Michigan is accommodating for changing interview dates? I received an interview for September 14th but already have another interview that date in which I already purchased airline tickets for :/

Does anyone know if Michigan is accommodating for changing interview dates? I received an interview for September 14th but already have another interview that date in which I already purchased airline tickets for :/
there are instructions in the email about having conflicts

My app was complete on June 16th. I am in-state, haven't heard anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.