****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

CrazyWeather2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who out there is applying to the University of Michigan School of Dentistry Class of 2024?! Go Blue!!:biglove:

[Entering Class Profile]
Education | University of Michigan School of Dentistry (in the middle of the page)

:eek: UMich Official Social Media
-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Umichdent
-Instagram: UMich School of Dentistry (@umichdentistry) • Instagram photos and videos
-YouTube: UMichDent

:cool: UMich Dental Students Blog
https://wolverinebytes.org

:luck: [IMPORTANT] Previous years' threads
University of Michigan School of Dentistry - Previous threads

:wideyed: Link to interview prep: University of Michigan School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
-Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Good luck, everyone! My app was just verified today—would love to stay in Ann Arbor for 4 more years.

Go blue!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Invited for interview today! (8/5)

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know if they are not doing post December interviews this year? Seems like they are starting a bit earlier than usual

If I submitted my apps on the first day it was open and did not get an interview yesterday, does that mean I have a low chance to get an invitation for the interview ?

If I submitted my apps on the first day it was open and did not get an interview yesterday, does that mean I have a low chance to get an invitation for the interview ?
they just started sending out interviews. there is no need to start assuming the worst this early in the cycle

Reactions: 1 user
congratss!! if you wouldn't mind sharing what were your stats and when did u apply?
21AA/20TS/25RC/20PAT
3.52 cGPA/3.34 sGPA
In-State
Received confirmation email June 12th!

When did everyone receive the app complete email? Also when you post regarding an interview invite, it would really be helpful if that kind of information was included alongside your stats. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
When did everyone receive the app complete email? Also when you post regarding an interview invite, it would really be helpful if that kind of information was included alongside your stats. Thanks!
06/12 is when my application was complete with them along with other people that applied on day 1.

I got mine on July 2nd!

Interview #1 :)
School: U of M
Notification date: 8/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/28/28/none

Last edited:
Have any OOS applicants received an interview?

Anyone know if they are not doing post December interviews this year? Seems like they are starting a bit earlier than usual
I think they are still doing post december interviews - or at least that is what I think based on the application timeline on their website

Incase this helps anyone: the two interview dates currently available are September 13th and September 20th. I hope everyone hears good news soon! :)

Anyone who applied late July get an interview yet?

Hey did anyone receive interveiw prior to having their DAT scores officially put on AADSAS?

i applied June 4, just recently got my DAT officially on AADSAS, and didnt receive an interveiw, but I did send the school my scores via email.

Hey did anyone receive interveiw prior to having their DAT scores officially put on AADSAS?

i applied June 4, just recently got my DAT officially on AADSAS, and didnt receive an interveiw, but I did send the school my scores via email.
I think Interview invitations are sent based on when you submitted and received the app complete email. I think apps from june are currently being reviewed. I am not 100% sure, but i think UM would likely wait until ur official scores were up before reviewing ur app and deciding to interview you

I think Interview invitations are sent based on when you submitted and received the app complete email. I think apps from june are currently being reviewed. I am not 100% sure, but i think UM would likely wait until ur official scores were up before reviewing ur app and deciding to interview you
Yeah your prolly right. Are you instate or out of state?

I'm out of state, do you what the percentage of IS/OOS is for UoM?
Last cycle i think 63 students were in-state and 43 were out-of-state in the final class. UM is OOS friendly so I think as long as your stats are good, you have a good shot!

Last cycle i think 63 students were in-state and 43 were out-of-state in the final class. UM is OOS friendly so I think as long as your stats are good, you have a good shot!
Awesome! thats great to hear! Appreciate the help!

Does anyone know when Michigan sends out their second round of interviews?

Does anyone know when Michigan sends out their second round of interviews?

It seems like a few people just received emails today about invites later in September.

For those who received an invite today, can you please let us know when you received the application complete email from UMich?

It seems like a few people just received emails today about invites later in September.

For those who received an invite today, can you please let us know when you received the application complete email from UMich?

6/18 for me!

6/14 complete for me. The dates are Sept 13 and 20!

6/14 complete for me. The dates are Sept 13 and 20!

Seems like they still haven't sent out too many invites even though they started well over two weeks ago. Thanks for keeping us posted and good luck on the interview! :)

Seems like they still haven't sent out too many invites even though they started well over two weeks ago. Thanks for keeping us posted and good luck on the interview! :)
13 and 27 for me! Seems like they haven’t entered October’s dates

Last edited:
For me it was 9/27 and 10/4

I received my application complete email on 7/11. Has anyone from that date or after received an interview yet?

I received my application complete email on 7/11. Has anyone from that date or after received an interview yet?

My application was complete on July 2nd and I still haven’t heard back. They seem to still be processing apps complete in June.

Does anyone know if U Mich accepts AICE credits as pre-reqs?

if I get an interview should i be clean shaven or are we able to keep a nice clean beard?
I dont wanna come off as unprofessional

if I get an interview should i be clean shaven or are we able to keep a nice clean beard?
I dont wanna come off as unprofessional
There are a lot of threads on this. Most people say that you should always be clean shaven as this is the safe route. Meanwhile, others with a nicely trimmed beard have gotten acceptances from schools wherein they interviewed with the beard and rejected from schools wherein they were clean shaven.

So, in conclusion, it doesn't matter as long as you don't look like a hobo.

Has anyone been interviewed with a missing pre-requisite (sociology) before? I left it blank in my application but was wondering how I should go about this if I have not had an interview invite yet..

Has anyone been interviewed with a missing pre-requisite (sociology) before? I left it blank in my application but was wondering how I should go about this if I have not had an interview invite yet..
Yeah, I will have. I had a problem w my AP credits disappearing when I submitted and several of my prerequisites were not fulfilled. I have an interview. When they invite you, you have to fill out a spreadsheet of prereqs so it is only at this point that they audit your prerequisites.

There are a lot of threads on this. Most people say that you should always be clean shaven as this is the safe route. Meanwhile, others with a nicely trimmed beard have gotten acceptances from schools wherein they interviewed with the beard and rejected from schools wherein they were clean shaven.

So, in conclusion, it doesn't matter as long as you don't look like a hobo.
I’ve been wondering about this as well. Thank you

Yeah, I will have. I had a problem w my AP credits disappearing when I submitted and several of my prerequisites were not fulfilled. I have an interview. When they invite you, you have to fill out a spreadsheet of prereqs so it is only at this point that they audit your prerequisites.
So If I get an interview and fill out the prereqs sheet, will they deny the interview based on my missing sociology prerequisite?

So If I get an interview and fill out the prereqs sheet, will they deny the interview based on my missing sociology prerequisite?
If you plan to take it in the future then you can indicate it on the spreadsheet. Either way, they say in the email they'll contact you with any questions if there is an issue. I would imagine they would want you to take it eventually though.

Does anyone know when Ohio sends their second round of interviews? or like the range in which it is sent?