***The Official University of Oklahoma class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread

jwan14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It needed to be done! Good luck to all who apply to this great school! Anyone heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything as of yet! Good luck! I hope they start rolling with interview invites soon.

Do y'all's AADSAS say received/waiting additional info? I turned in the supp in June

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says received/ under review.
I would call the admissions office and see what you're missing!

I got an invite to interview this morning! I'm in state.

Reactions: 1 users
Early august it was finished and submitted.

This is late but I got an interview request on Friday 08/29/2014
School: University of Oklahoma
Residency: OK
GPA: 3.66, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/RC/PAT): 22/21/25/19
AADSAS sent out: 6/29
Application complete: 07/07

I called them today about the AADSAS application status glitch and Sally gave me the interview invite over the phone! It's my first interview so I was a bit dazed afterwards lol...

Residency: WA
GPA: 3.3 oGPA, 3.2 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 23/21/21/28
AADSAS sent out: 7/25
Application complete: 8/8

Last edited:
I scheduled mine for the September 27th in the morning session 8-12. Anybody else going to be there too?

I scheduled mine for Oct 25th 8 am. I hope that's not too late ...

They meet one November 14th or so and discuss all candidates and then make decisions then. It doesn't matter when you interview. They make no decisions until all interviews are done. That's what Dr. Jones said.

They meet one November 14th or so and discuss all candidates and then make decisions then. It doesn't matter when you interview. They make no decisions until all interviews are done. That's what Dr. Jones said.

Yup, the email says that the admission committee convenes on Nov 15th to decide on candidates. So every interview day is the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody gotten the follow up email with confirmation of interview, agenda, etc? When I called Sally to confirm the date, she said they would be sending them out "next week" since they were quite busy...

I haven't received mine yet. I'm not interviewing until November 1st so I'm not too worried about it.

Okay, so I just got the interview confirmation from Sally. Besides a little error in the date (10/27 instead of 9/27, which has been corrected), it looks like the confirmations are going out to the 9/27 interviewees now.

My first thoughts about the suggested hotels, they are pricey! I haven't called them about OU rates but I don't think they will be much cheaper...

they aren't any cheaper i called all three hotels its standard amount but you have to realize its a city so the prices are going to be inflated.

Good to know, thanks for the info cbalog. I booked the La Quinta-Midwest City. Hope to see some of you there this Saturday!

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend!

Very excited! I'm an out of stater and received an interview offer on 9/23. Interview date is set for 10/25 at 8 AM!

Residency: OR
GPA: 3.2 oGPA, 3.21 sGPA
DAT (AA, TS, RC, PAT): 21, 21, 22, 20
AADSAS sent: 8/2
Completed: 8/8

If you were interviewing in the morning session 9/27, it was nice meeting you all (or should I say y'all)! ;)

firenzy07
Hi, I hope you are satisfy with the interview. Can you please tell me how was it? Mine is this Saturday Oct4th. I am so anxious, what type of questions they asked?

You guys will be fine. The process is very relaxed and straightforward. If you are really stressed about questions, look up the dental school surveys done on SDN and find OU.

Is there any way to check that my application has been reviewed or not?You guys get the interview call after how many days of submitting the complete applications.I am an Oklahoma resident.

Last edited:
Is there any way to check that my application has been reviewed or not?You guys get the interview call after how many days of submitting the complete applications.I am an Oklahoma resident.
I got mine about a month after I submitted. Submitted early august and heard early september.

Is OU finished sending out interview invites to out of staters?

im not considered instate but i lived in Oklahoma for 5 years and graduated high school there! havent heard anything yet. Show me some love Sooners!!!

How did everyone enjoy their interviews at this school? This is my number one school being from Oklahoma. If I don't get accepted here I almost hope that I don't get accepted anywhere haha so I don't have to make that tough choice.

How did everyone enjoy their interviews at this school? This is my number one school being from Oklahoma. If I don't get accepted here I almost hope that I don't get accepted anywhere haha so I don't have to make that tough choice.

It was fantastic! I interviewed Sept 27 (first day of interviews I believe) and being out of state, I was blown away. Current students were fun to talk to and they didn't seem hesitant or unhappy when they talked about the school. The school was saying how if we're accepted, we're coming at the best time because of all the renovations with the Legacy Project and the updated curriculum. And I think everyone around me agreed! The school was great, as was the interview experience. I think they sold it well by emphasizing their strong clinical program and the concept of group-practice model in clinic. And to top it all off they had that spread for lunch that was delicious...dat cake yo.

Last edited:
Sooooo...Dec 1 is coming up. How is everyone doing right now? Any plans for Thanksgiving weekend?

Anyone check the portal? I didn't see any updates on mine tonight at midnight. I know they send emails the next day but I heard they update the portal with those who don't get accepted at midnight.

Anyone check the portal? I didn't see any updates on mine tonight at midnight. I know they send emails the next day but I heard they update the portal with those who don't get accepted at midnight.
Mine has not changed.

I thought they said decisions would not be made until later in December?

Is anybody here also interested in the SCM track in Tulsa? I had a great interview there last week, seems like a really cool option.
I haven't heard about the SCM option. What is that?
OUCOD sends out their decisions via email on the first business day in December. Sally Davenport confirmed this at my interview, also.

Just received acceptance email!

Accepted via email! Can't wait to meet my future classmates!

They must be sending the emails. I just got mine. I got in!

i'm assuming they are doing IS before OOS then...so nervous!

Someone needs to make a Facebook group for our class!