***The Official University of Oklahoma COD Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

OKDDS24

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an applicant this upcoming cycle and noticed there was not a thread yet. Has anyone heard anything?

Link to last year's thread: ***The Official University of Oklahoma COD Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody heard anything?

Reactions: 1 users
I received an on September 6th saying "We have received both your AADSAS and OU supplemental Application.........If you are chosen for an interview an email will be sent with a link to reserve your place...........Interviews take place on Saturday(s) from 8 a.m. till 12:30 p.m., this includes a light breakfast, tour, student panel, interview, and lunch." Not sure if anyone has received this, but thought I would send this in here anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an on September 6th saying "We have received both your AADSAS and OU supplemental Application.........If you are chosen for an interview an email will be sent with a link to reserve your place...........Interviews take place on Saturday(s) from 8 a.m. till 12:30 p.m., this includes a light breakfast, tour, student panel, interview, and lunch." Not sure if anyone has received this, but thought I would send this in here anyways.
I received same email as well. Late start on applications it sounds like?

Does anyone else’s status on their AADSAS application say none still? I also got the email talked about above.

I also received that email. Did they send it to everyone?

yes, I received that same email on 7/29 though.

I also received that email. Did they send it to everyone?

Yes I believe so, I got the same email August 23rd.. A student told me the admissions head had been sick and out of the office for awhile and that is probably what is holding up the process but should be sometime this week or early next week

Just received an interview invitation for September 21st

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied July 16th and received that email on July 22nd.

Just received an interview invitation for 9/21 as well.
For reference, my AADSAS and secondary applications were submitted on 7/13--the application complete email was received on 9/8.

Just received an interview invitation for 9/21 as well.
For reference, my AADSAS and secondary applications were submitted on 7/13--the application complete email was received on 9/8.
Congratulations!! Are you in state?

Let's hope that we (OOS) will get something tomorrow :xf:

texas resident, have an interview this saturday!

I’m IS and have an interview this Saturday as well! I wonder why I’m interviewing with so many OOS? Anyone IS interviewing this weekend?

I’m IS and have an interview this Saturday as well! I wonder why I’m interviewing with so many OOS? Anyone IS interviewing this weekend?
I’m IS, also interviewing Saturday

Anyone who had an interview, how did it go? Any advice? I have an interview October 5!

it's a simultaneous 2 on 1 interview so be prepared to make eye contact with both interviewers when answering questions.

Anyone know if all the invites for October 5th have already been sent out?

Just got an invite for Nov 2nd at 9:40am!
Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know by which date the last invitations to interview are usually sent out? I'm OOS if that makes a difference.

Anyone know by which date the last invitations to interview are usually sent out? I'm OOS if that makes a difference.

What I'm telling you is what Miss Martin prefaced us with at the interview so hopefully this helps you gauge your own timeline here:

They're picking 190 to interview. My interview group was the first 40 to interview and we interviewed on 9/21. I am OOS by the way.

Given this, there's 150 more slots in the interview cohort and the next interview date appears to be on 10/5 (referring to the post above).

I think it's safe to assume that they'll be interviewing 40 students every 2 weeks-- you can crunch the numbers yourself from here :)

Hope that helps!

I still haven't heard anything back from OU. No news is better than bad news right...? lol

There are interview dates set for October 5th, 26th and November 2nd. If there are any others I haven't heard about them.

There are interview dates set for October 5th, 26th and November 2nd. If there are any others I haven't heard about them.

I think those will be the only ones. Do you know if there is any significance to which interview date you received?

I think those will be the only ones. Do you know if there is any significance to which interview date you received?

In my opinion/experience, the first couple interviews have several repeat applicants and other people that catch their eye.

OU has a point system. The oGPA is score times 1, sGPA is score times 1.5, DAT is the scores you received, Interview is so many points, then they add experience and any other things they look at. They add up all the points and form a list 1-180 or however many they interview. In the middle of November everyone get's together, they automatically take so many off the top, after that they discuss the next several candidates they'll make an offer to, and then form their wait list. If you don't make the wait list or higher, then you get a rejection letter in December. Offers are made starting around 7-7:30 am.
During my first cycle, I was interviewed in the last group in November. I made the wait list. Second time I was interviewed in the middle of October, I was rejected. Third cycle I was in the first group and was accepted.

In my opinion/experience, the first couple interviews have several repeat applicants and other people that catch their eye.

OU has a point system. The oGPA is score times 1, sGPA is score times 1.5, DAT is the scores you received, Interview is so many points, then they add experience and any other things they look at. They add up all the points and form a list 1-180 or however many they interview. In the middle of November everyone get's together, they automatically take so many off the top, after that they discuss the next several candidates they'll make an offer to, and then form their wait list. If you don't make the wait list or higher, then you get a rejection letter in December. Offers are made starting around 7-7:30 am.
During my first cycle, I was interviewed in the last group in November. I made the wait list. Second time I was interviewed in the middle of October, I was rejected. Third cycle I was in the first group and was accepted.

Just FYI - last year, all those who interviewed did not get a rejection letter. You were either accepted or waitlisted (confirmed this with Heidi).

Does anyone know if all of the invitations for the October 26th and November 2nd interviews have been sent?

People who have already been interviewed...any advice/tips for preparing??

Do you know how many of the 190 interviewed are OOS. From what Iv seen in the past they interview more OOS per seat available. Also, I have my interview set for Friday Oct 25th.

Do you know how many of the 190 interviewed are OOS. From what Iv seen in the past they interview more OOS per seat available. Also, I have my interview set for Friday Oct 25th.
I haven't asked recently how many are OOS interviews. I do know the over all applications (about 1100) is around 20% in state and 80% out of state. They do interview more and have a longer waiting list for OOS because they have a larger decline acceptance rate than in state. But if I had to guess I would say 60-75 interviews (38-42 slots) have been in state and 115 -135 OOS (10-14 slots).

who else is excited for next week?

Reactions: 4 users
Cyber Monday spam emails are gonna be the death of me today....

Reactions: 3 users