***The Official University of Utah Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

UGAbulldogs

Reaction score
Link to last years thread:
***The Official University of Utah class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Utah School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know when Utah starts reviewing applications? Anyone heard back about the supplemental?

Does anyone know when Utah starts reviewing applications? Anyone heard back about the supplemental?
Didn’t get anything for supplemental, but I know someone who works there and they said that they barley started the review process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Utah doesn't have a "secondary application" other than the questions on the AADSAS portal. Once you submit, they invite you to take the CASPER test in place of more essay questions. It's not too bad though :)

I got an email on Sunday saying "We want to thank you for your interest in the University of Utah School of Dentistry. We have received your AADSAS application along with your photo and fee of $90.00 for the school year beginning August 2020. Your application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee and we will send you further correspondence in the Fall of 2019" with the notice that my CASPer results were pending. So I would assume that they have started looking at applications but based on how quiet this thread is, no one has heard anything yet!

I got an email on Sunday saying "We want to thank you for your interest in the University of Utah School of Dentistry. We have received your AADSAS application along with your photo and fee of $90.00 for the school year beginning August 2020. Your application is currently under review by the Admissions Committee and we will send you further correspondence in the Fall of 2019" with the notice that my CASPer results were pending. So I would assume that they have started looking at applications but based on how quiet this thread is, no one has heard anything yet!
I got the same email yesterday! I'm guessing they're just getting going with the process like you said.

I got the same email too !

I need help here, I submitted my CASPER test to the University of Utah and they sent me an email saying they have everything except my casper test results about 3 weeks ago. I thought it might take time to process the test so I ignored it for a little bit. Then I sent Dr. Lowder at the admissions office an email about it but never got a reply. I also called and left a voicemail and no response. Anyone having this problem at all?
Thank you, Elbethel Defare
I was told that the CASPer test takes about 4-6 weeks to have scores sent, so I would just give it a few more weeks and then check back.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told that the CASPer test takes about 4-6 weeks to have scores sent, so I would just give it a few more weeks and then check back.
Jesus 4-6 weeks wow, I emailed them again but I guess I will wait a bit longer. Thank you for your answer

Interview #7
School: University of Utah
Notification date: 9
/5
Method of notification: Email And Portal
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/30
Application complete date: 8/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/20/none
Interview date: TBD

Interview #3
Notification date: 5 September 2019
Method of notification: Email and Call to Schedule
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 4 June 2019
Application complete date: 4 June 2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/22/None
Dates available OR your interview date:
Friday, October 4, 2019

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
Notification date:
9/5
Method of notification: Email And Portal
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.31, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/22/none
Interview date: TBD

Any tips for Utah interview?

How many applicants usually get an interview to the University of Utah?

Interview #3
School:
University of Utah
Notification date: 9/6
Method of notification: Email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/08/2019
Application complete date: 06/20/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.75/3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/22/none
Interview date: Early Oct (undecided)

D4 here at the U. Congrats on getting this far everyone! Please feel free to PM me for any questions. Utah is a great school that offers amazing clinical experience.

I just took my CASper test this last weekend. Do interview invites potentially come before the official CASper test scores are received by Utah? Or will it not be until after they receive the scores? Just curious because I received an email from admissions that my application is officially under review less than 24 hours after completing the CASper test.

Interview #3
School: Utah
Notification date: 9/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS MN
Application complete date: application fee received 8/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22,20,24,24,none
Interview Date: have not picked yet

I just took my CASper test this last weekend. Do interview invites potentially come before the official CASper test scores are received by Utah? Or will it not be until after they receive the scores? Just curious because I received an email from admissions that my application is officially under review less than 24 hours after completing the CASper test.

Did you get any updates on your application? I am thinking to take CASPer test today is it too late? I already submitted my application earlier in the summer.

Did you get any updates on your application? I am thinking to take CASPer test today is it too late? I already submitted my application earlier in the summer.
I am taking the CASPer this week as well, I am hoping for the best!

After I took the CASPer test my status changed to Received/Application Complete and I also got an email within 24 hours from Utah stating my application was under review. Good luck on your test!

Reactions: 1 users
After I took the CASPer test my status changed to Received/Application Complete and I also got an email within 24 hours from Utah stating my application was under review. Good luck on your test!
Thank you! Good luck to you.

Is anyone currently in Denver airport whose flight to Salt Lake City just got delayed, probably cancelled? If we can get a few people maybe we can all drive up there?

Anyone with last minute tips for the U of U interview? I have mine in two days.

Anyone with last minute tips for the U of U interview? I have mine in two days.
Honestly, the interview is super laid back! Just be yourself, it is a very conversational interview. I loved my interview and my time in Utah. Amazing place!

Honestly, the interview is super laid back! Just be yourself, it is a very conversational interview. I loved my interview and my time in Utah. Amazing place!
Was it really an hour and a half of interviews or was it shorter?

Does anyone know if Utah is done sending out interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their application deadline was October 1st. Their latest interview date I received was October 21st. I have no idea when their absolute interview date is this is just the last date I received.

For the interview invite email, it says to call the number and confirm—I’ve tried calling twice and both times it’s gone to her voicemail. Has anyone been able to just email back and confirm a date?

For the interview invite email, it says to call the number and confirm—I’ve tried calling twice and both times it’s gone to her voicemail. Has anyone been able to just email back and confirm a date?
Did you leave a voicemail?

Yay! I just got an interview invite! I am super excited! OOS. Does anyone who already went there have any suggestions on where to stay, and what places to check out?
Thank you in advance.

Yay! I just got an interview invite! I am super excited! OOS. Does anyone who already went there have any suggestions on where to stay, and what places to check out?
Thank you in advance.
I'm here currently, I have my interview tomorrow. I'm staying at an AirBnB which is about 10 minutes from campus. It's a private room but the hosts are wonderful and it's only $17/night.

As for what to check out, I really love basketball and I was able to check out the Jazz home opener against the Thunder!

I also checked out Hires Big H (a burger joint) and it did not disappoint!

Good luck with your interview!

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

I'm here currently, I have my interview tomorrow. I'm staying at an AirBnB which is about 10 minutes from campus. It's a private room but the hosts are wonderful and it's only $17/night.

As for what to check out, I really love basketball and I was able to check out the Jazz home opener against the Thunder!

I also checked out Hires Big H (a burger joint) and it did not disappoint!

Good luck with your interview!

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile
Thank you! I will check them out too! I hope your interview went well! Good luck!

Any tips on the interview? I have one this upcoming Friday. Is it open or closed file?

A little random but does anyone remember what 5 colors for scrubs students at Utah are allowed to wear in clinic? I was hoping to ask for some scrubs for Christmas but can only remember red being one of the colors for sure.

Has anyone been notified that they’re on a waitlist?

Waitlist emails go out in a week

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the alternate list email.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN