The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

OOS here, on the waitlist. Called just now and she said she's not able to tell me how many people are on the waitlist, and she said "there's no ranking". She informed me a packet should be received in the mail with stuff to fill out and return to them ASAP (same as all the other waitlists; I'm a professional waitlister this cycle).

If this was already mentioned, sorry!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I remember when I interviewed on 2/19, they said that all of the spots are filled currently. So does that mean those than are waitlisted have a slight chance??

I remember when I interviewed on 2/19, they said that all of the spots are filled currently. So does that mean those than are waitlisted have a slight chance??

Yeah iirc they had sent out more than enough acceptances already. So they're just waiting for the date that the final deposit or w/e is to be sent in for peoples final choices of schools. If they don't have enough after that, they'll pick from the waitlist.

"there's always a chance" ..... Just gotta sit back and keep on keeping on.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I just called.. They said if you're not on the waitlist doesn't mean you're rejected. And that they're going to "re-evaluate" some of the candidates on 2nd week of April.

So I just called.. They said if you're not on the waitlist doesn't mean you're rejected. And that they're going to "re-evaluate" some of the candidates on 2nd week of April.
To me it sounds like a soft rejection. I've played the waiting game before and usually doesn't pan out the way you want it to. I would think they already have a lot of offers given, then they would have to go through the wait list, and finally the no decision people. We're 3rd string and they usually get no playing time. Just my 2c

Last edited:
To me it sounds like a soft rejection. I've played the waiting game before and usually doesn't pan out the way you want it. I would think they already have a lot of offers given, then they would have to go through the wait list, and finally the no decision people. We're 3rd string and they usually get no playing time. Just my 2c
Haha it sounds disappointing but I agree that makes sense.

OOS here, on the waitlist. Called just now and she said she's not able to tell me how many people are on the waitlist, and she said "there's no ranking". She informed me a packet should be received in the mail with stuff to fill out and return to them ASAP (same as all the other waitlists; I'm a professional waitlister this cycle).

If this was already mentioned, sorry!

For those calling and getting a hold of someone who are they talking to? And when did your aadsas change to wait list?

Did you happen to find out how many were on the wait List?

When I called about 1 hr. ago, she said she is unable to tell how many are on the list. And that there "is no ranking".

For those calling and getting a hold of someone who are they talking to? And when did your aadsas change to wait list?

Forgot the name of the girl/lady/woman. AADSAS switched sometime between around noon yesterday and noon today (when I checked it).

Forgot the name of the girl/lady/woman. AADSAS switched sometime between around noon yesterday and noon today (when I checked it).
Were you calling 774-2520 or a different number? When I called all the lady told me that she had no info and they were meeting again the second week of April and to call then.

they told me this last year's cycle. I didn't hear another word until the rejection. I can tell you the waitlist doesn't feel much better knowing they already have more than enough acceptances out for a full class.

Members don't see this ad :)
they told me this last year's cycle. I didn't hear another word until the rejection. I can tell you the waitlist doesn't feel much better knowing they already have more than enough acceptances out for a full class.
Yeah I know for sure I'm going to reapply.

2/26 interview. (OOS) I got waitlisted. Does anyone have the link to the facebook page for class of 2020?

For everyone information, my roommate got in a week before orientation, in Sep.

Because he keep calling like once a month to show interest. He s OOS.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got waitlisted today as well (OOS interviewed 1/15). Wonder how many ppl are on the waitlist. When I called around 5 pm today, I got the same response someone already posted above. They said they can't share that info and that there won't be any ranking system for the waitlist.

Uh.. Did anyone get accepted or did everyone just get waitlisted?

Uh.. Did anyone get accepted or did everyone just get waitlisted?

Several of my friends who interviewed pre and post-dec did not have their portals changed to waitlisted, so I think fewer people got waitlisted than not. I just realized I met you in person, wassup SDN guy?

Several of my friends who interviewed pre and post-dec did not have their portals changed to waitlisted, so I think fewer people got waitlisted than not. I just realized I met you in person, wassup SDN guy?
hahah really? Nothin much... just got waitlisted here is all... LOL

For everyone information, my roommate got in a week before orientation, in Sep.

Because he keep calling like once a month to show interest. He s OOS.

Dude, now people are going to be blowing up their phones :p

Did anyone ask approx. how many ppl get accepted off the waitlist in the previous years? :)

Dude, now people are going to be blowing up their phones :p
U will be surprised how quiet it get after April. No one shows interest anymore.

He called on a Sep morning, and the admission called him back in the afternoon....

Just received letter in the mail for alternate list

For those of you that have an undecided status when you called, they are going to have another meeting on April 12th so hang on tight. This will be after April 1st so hopefully there's more movement. It seems like they did send out rejections too when we all figured out whether we were on the waitlist or not. So I guess non rejection at this point means a minuscule amount of hope.

Just called, no new info to report x.x besides the fact they want any updates to be snail-mailed

They sent out rejections? They said at the interview that they wait until the end of the cycle to send those out. Weird.

Sent from my XT1096 using SDN mobile

has anyone been accepted recently? is there a certain date that we should look out for ? like a new round of acceptances?

I've heard nothing about UNLV from my friends and acquaintances ._. soo if there is movement, it might not be very large

I called on April 1, and was told that the admissions team is meeting on April 12 so any updates will not occur until then. The wait continues

I called on April 1, and was told that the admissions team is meeting on April 12 so any updates will not occur until then. The wait continues
I can confirm this. April 12 is the next meeting.

Last edited:
so I guess we can call tomorrow regarding status updates?

So UNLV has a class size of 75 right? how many of those seats are for out of state applicants?

I thought there class size can get as large as 88 students???

Preferred class size is 80. They can go up to 84, but prefer 80. At least 40/80 are in-state.

I called today and they said to call in 2-3 weeks for status update...

I think they interview closer to 300. Also, I was told we can call at the end of the week for an update

how many applicants does UNLV interview? is it 150?

On the adea guide it said they interviewed 56 instate, 290 OOS, and 10 international for the entering class of 2014. I faintly remember that the sum of the numbers approached 500 this year during the interview day presentation.

Does anyone know if there has been anyone accepted since January 12th when they sent out their second wave of acceptances? To my knowledge no one has been accepted since then, but wanted to confirm that.

They told me they interviewed almost 400 last year. A lot more than 150.