****The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

hugomaaf

General Dentist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, good luck this year.

I'm in class of 2019 for UNLV, feel free to post question on application or the school. I will do my best to answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, good luck this year.

I'm in class of 2019 for UNLV, feel free to post question on application or the school. I will do my best to answer.

Hey so I already made my account from the link on the UNLV website where you complete the supplemental. I now got an email from Admissions saying to make a
MyUNLV account. I did and now in there it's saying my application is incomplete, but I already finished the supplemental with the first account. What gives?

Hey so I already made my account from the link on the UNLV website where you complete the supplemental. I now got an email from Admissions saying to make a
MyUNLV account. I did and now in there it's saying my application is incomplete, but I already finished the supplemental with the first account. What gives?
Did you submit a curriculum vitae with it and upload an unofficial transcript?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought it said don't include the unofficial for DMD applicants?

I'm pretty sure it said DMD applicants don't have to include the unofficial transcript. But you definitely have to submit the CV or Resume.

Wait we have to include a Resume in the supplemental? I'm not seeing a space for that in it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello! Not sure if you found it yet, but on the UNLV Grad Rebel Gateway, just press on the home tab and look on the bottom left for the checklist. Click on the Curriculum Vitae/Resume link and you should be able to post your resume or CV there.

So I got the email to create my MyUNLV account. When I go on there it says my application is incomplete with a yellow triangle. Anyone else see the same thing? It doesn't tell me what part is incomplete.

FYI I have already submitted supplemental and a CV/Resume and unofficial transcripts.

So I got the email to create my MyUNLV account. When I go on there it says my application is incomplete with a yellow triangle. Anyone else see the same thing? It doesn't tell me what part is incomplete.

FYI I have already submitted supplemental and a CV/Resume and unofficial transcripts.

Haha, I got this last night. Signed up and created the account and have the same deal, says it's incomplete even though I've got an email from admissions saying it is complete. Guess we don't know what it means!

Give admissions a call (dental school admissions), to make sure your application is complete, bc they won't even look at the application unless they got everything.

They are very nice and very helpful, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I received an email confirming they got my supplemental app on 6/20 when did everyone receive a app complete email? However I didn't see anything about submitting a resume anywhere? I received an email to create an account today

FYI for those of you panicking/submitting unofficial transcripts.....it says right in the directions they don't need unofficial transcripts. It's waived.

FYI for those of you panicking/submitting unofficial transcripts.....it says right in the directions they don't need unofficial transcripts. It's waived.
Just saw that. Should probably maybe delete it =(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Not sure if you found it yet, but on the UNLV Grad Rebel Gateway, just press on the home tab and look on the bottom left for the checklist. Click on the Curriculum Vitae/Resume link and you should be able to post your resume or CV there.

So where can I submit my CV?
Nowhere in the supplemental application do I see anything about CV or resume.
The only thing I had to submit was my unofficial transcript - even that it now says it's been waived.
My admission status says 'submitted app." Should I call up the school to see how I can add my CV?

So where can I submit my CV?
Nowhere in the supplemental application do I see anything about CV or resume.
The only thing I had to submit was my unofficial transcript - even that it now says it's been waived.
My admission status says 'submitted app." Should I call up the school to see how I can add my CV?

It's on the home page of the UNLV secondary website (Grad Rebel Gateway). In the bottom left corner there should be a box with a checklist.

It's on the home page of the UNLV secondary website (Grad Rebel Gateway). In the bottom left corner there should be a box with a checklist.

I didn't see anything on the checklist, so I just called up their admissions office. I sent my CV to their staff, so now it's done.

side note everyone, the school is doing fund raising event at the California Kitchen Pizza at the Townsquare Mall Las Vegas.
Lot of the current dental student will be there to answer your questions for application and the school itself. feel free to stop and say hi.

Event starts at 5pm. 21 July 2016

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else getting the myUNLV login info from Nevada?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else getting the myUNLV login info from Nevada?

I got it... I'm confused... Is this something different/a different account then the whole UNLV grad rebel supplemental info page?

I got it... I'm confused... Is this something different/a different account then the whole UNLV grad rebel supplemental info page?
I am equally confused when I log into the MyUNLV portal. It looks more like for current students than dental school applicants...

My application status states incomplete on the My UNLV portal. I called the school a few days ago to see why but I was told that my application was complete. However, the status still says incomplete. Anyone else having this problem?

My application status states incomplete on the My UNLV portal. I called the school a few days ago to see why but I was told that my application was complete. However, the status still says incomplete. Anyone else having this problem?
They sent me an email says incomplete and the reason is missing AADSAS app even though I submitted month ago, but i dont bother to call lol. I am pretty sure I got everything in.

If you called them and they said it was complete I think you're fine. I'm in the same boat, I was emailed saying everything was 100% but the my unlv thing says it's incomplete. It's probably just an error!

If the admission says you are complete then you are fine. The My UNLV portal is a separate entity

If you got an email saying, "We have received all of the information and data that you have submitted and your application/file is complete. Your file will now be sent to the admissions committee for review. We will contact you as soon as the committee reaches a decision." you're good. If not, then contact them.

For Other Dental Schools section.... Should I just not list any or list a few of them?

For Other Dental Schools section.... Should I just not list any or list a few of them?
You're asking if you should lie to them? Doesn't that seem kind of silly?

Be honest about it, almost everyone of my classmates applied several schools. It's normal that you apply many school.

Im in the same boat. I'll probably call them soon and see if it's actually been completed. I'm assuming all you have to do is pay the supplemental fee and upload a CV/resume, right?

Hey guys so a little while ago I realized I never submitted my CV after finishing my secondary and submitting my application fee. Since I work full-time I decided I would just do it this weekend. When I tried to upload my CV it was checked as complete on the gateway. It actually says status:waived. Can anyone tell me why my CV upload is waived?

Hey guys so a little while ago I realized I never submitted my CV after finishing my secondary and submitting my application fee. Since I work full-time I decided I would just do it this weekend. When I tried to upload my CV it was checked as complete on the gateway. It actually says status:waived. Can anyone tell me why my CV upload is waived?
def. call them about that!

They don't need either a CV or unofficial transcripts.

Okay I talked to admissions office. They said they aren't requiring the CV to be submitted and told me I wouldn't be at a disadvantage without one. Transcripts aren't required until you are invited for an interview. She also told me that invites would be sent out during mid-august. They were very helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to be sure.. We don't have to send a resume correct? I called them today and the only thing they said missing from my app is one more letter of rec. I also didnt see anything about a resume on the website we check for our application status

According to last years time line we should be expecting some invites this coming week... That is b they follow same time frame as last year :)

According to last years time line we should be expecting some invites this coming week... That is b they follow same time frame as last year :)
Ahh. Scared! One of the big reasons I like UNLV is Vegas housing. You can literally rent a 3 story house for 1k (small floors but still!).

Hello everyone,
I'm finishing up my secondary as we speak and was wondering if you guys wrote anything in the box that says, "Should you wish to provide the admissions committee with additional information that may be useful in evaluating your credentials, enter the information below." I'm just wondering if I should write something there or if it will hurt me to leave it blank? Thanks

Hello everyone,
I'm finishing up my secondary as we speak and was wondering if you guys wrote anything in the box that says, "Should you wish to provide the admissions committee with additional information that may be useful in evaluating your credentials, enter the information below." I'm just wondering if I should write something there or if it will hurt me to leave it blank? Thanks

Great question!

I know ppl have put the sim course certificate (from UNLV or other dental school), dental hygienist /assistance license (if apply to u) and other dental related stuff on that field.

With that being said, I also know ppl just left it blank and still got in.

If you think there are something that u haven't able to put it in the primary and secondary application, feel free to put them down.

I didn't feel like I had anything else to share other than what was in my essays and application, so I left it blank.

by essay do you mean personal statement? I didn't see any spots for essays in the secondary for UNLV. I just want to make sure I did not miss anything!

are they starting to give out interviews already? and no I have not lol!
According to this thread (which I believe is the main one) no one has received an interview yet. From last years thread someone got an interview on this exact day so I was wondering if anyone has heard back lol

Application complete means they haven't reviewed it yet right? Because on AADSAS next to UNLV it says Received/App complete while other schools say under review

Application Denied 8/03 :( I think I'll call and see if it was just because of my GPA.